Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our fun, talented and multinational team that helps the other Wargaming studios deliver great online gaming experiences to millions of players. Your primary responsibility will be to work on our Linux-based server back-end, a distributed processing software architecture that can handle millions of concurrent players in an online world.
By joining our team you will have the opportunity to work directly on features with game studios located around the world, to help support their games that are in production or still in development. These games are played by millions of people around the world!
- Strong team leadership experience in an Agile environment.
- Solid C++ skills. You have a proven track record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code.
- Collaboration. You know that development is a team effort that goes beyond lines of code, and you are a driving force in ensuring the team operates efficiently, be that by improving processes or clearing blockers.
- Problem solving skills. You face problems head on and find ways to overcome them, ideally before they even become real problems
- An interest in server-side architectures and back-end stack development.
- You make realistic plans and estimates of your work, and execute on them.
- Whatever you need to say, you do it in a clear and understandable manner.
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same.
- Keen interest for Machine Learning
- Unreal / Unity / Android / iOS platform development experience, in fact the more platforms the better.
- MMO engine or production game development experience
- Linux / Unix server environment experience
A bit about the studio and office
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
Wargaming Sydney is the software studio behind BigWorld Technology, the cutting-edge online game engine that powers World of Tanks, the smash-hit MMO with over 100 million players, and other record-breaking titles. BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website and apply today at www.wargaming.com/en/careers/
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.