This job published on 8 Sep, 2017.
Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We are currently looking for Mid-Senior Nuke Compositors to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney for project/contract work.
Dates: Mid Aug to Mid Sep (approx 4 weeks)
Location: On site - Rhodes in Sydney, Australia
- Composite CG/VFX sequences/projects
- Together with the Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Engage with the Creative Director and Producers
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading
- Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Solid experience compositing VFX or 3D Animation on either feature film, TV series, AAA game cinematics or TVC's.
- Must have a detailed and strong creative eye for photo-real colour, composition, physical lighting and movement
- General understanding of 3D lighting/shading and photography
- Fluent with Vray
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate creative and technical thoughts.
- an organised workflow, and
- Open to Australian citizens or permanent residents and New Zealand citizens
- Ability to create complex macros and/or plugins in Nuke is a plus
- Experience with Python and 3DS Max
- Programming experience a plus
- Strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please submit your application with link/s to your Reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Comp -Mid/Snr] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If you make the shortlist, we will contact you shortly.
No phone calls, please.