Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based games and technology studio working on its first mobile title, a genre-defining location-based game. To support this game, we're building best-in-class world generation systems.
These are big goals, and to help us meet them, our talented team needs someone who can play a key role in Unity development from prototyping new mechanics through to polished art, animation and gameplay implementation.
Are you passionate about top-notch gameplay, enemy AI and procedural environments? Do you enjoy delighting colleagues and players with polished implementation of designs and content? If so, this may be the role for you.
We're looking for a Game Developer with strong experience with Unity to be a primarily contributor for character and enemy behaviours, content implementation (including UI) and mechanics and features prototypes. Under the supervision of the Technical Director, you'll work with our game designers, artists and back-end developers to find creative solutions to technical problems and develop a memorable game experience.
As our Unity Developer, you will:
- - Collaborate strongly with all areas of our team, including game designers, artists and fellow front-end and back-end developers.
- Develop features according to game design and/or art requirements, from a functional to a polished version.
- Adhere to our internal code standards.
- Communicate technical constraints and troubleshoot designs with the appropriate team members.
- Prototype game mechanics and enemy AI systems.
- Implement a range of in-game content, including UI using Unity UI.
- Participate in code review and build review processes to iterate on our gameplay.
- Track and resolve bugs.
- Undertake research and personal development and share your learnings to keep our technology on the cutting edge.
We seek someone who has:
- - Strong working knowledge and experience in Unity / C#.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented design.
- Experience in Unity UI
- Working knowledge of Unity animation systems
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Strong personal drive and ability to deliver on schedule and on quality
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- - You’ve developed and released games built in Unity, ideally on mobile and/or with the action/combat gameplay.
- You're passionate about location-based technologies and their potential.
- You keep up with and understand Unity's roadmap and upcoming featuring, eg ECS, Job System.
- You have a good knowledge of design patterns.
- You're experienced in Python.
- You've worked with Confluence, Jira, GIT and other version control systems.
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
- Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide. You must be authorised to work in Australia as a citizen, permanent resident or current holder of a 457 visa.
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at email@example.com. Please include a list of your published projects and any relevant links.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.