Designer, 2K Australia
Reports to: Creative Director
No. of direct reports: Nil
Location: Canberra, Australia
As a Senior Designer, you will create stimulating and stunning game design for the development of our AAA titles. You will work extensively with our talented, design, art, and programming teams to craft game designs that play awesomely well and are focused on providing the best experience possible from the game.
You will be an experienced Senior Designer with a passion for gaming. You will have worked with game development studios and a creative team who don’t settle for anything than your best. You will be able to promote the game and the studio to varied audiences, being the team, the studio, conferences and through varied published and or broadcast media.
- high degree of creativity
- ability to form a "vision" of the game and use that vision to inform your design decisions
- communicating a vision clearly and concisely to the rest of the team and ensuring that they have a clear and specific mandate for their work
- experience in creating, documenting and communicating game design concepts and mechanics
- experience in working with design tools to implement game mechanics or parameters and test and tune those game mechanics
- analysing and critiquing game designs and using that analysis to inform your own design sensibilities
- provide a receptive ear so that other team members can provide input on the game design and feel that it is paid attention to
- experience in speaking at conferences, working on game documentation and manuals and PR duties
- experience in using technologies for commercial titles (this must be demonstrated through actual content created for these engines)
- ability to use basic programming or scripting tools
- ability to meet deadlines
- ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
- good communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a games related discipline
- level building or design
- Experience in writing and editing game narrative and dialogue
As a game designer, you are expected to also have a wider interest in game design and creation and you will be expected to continue to refine these skills.