To apply, please email email@example.com and include your resume in addition to a quick intro.
Cloudcade is a tablet-first mobile games developer & publisher aimed at creating fun, derivative and deeply engaging free-to-play games for the masses. While optimized for tablet devices, each of our titles are also designed to be playable across platform (mobile, web, client, smart tech) in order to ensure global distribution. With all of the player data stored synchronously in the cloud, our players can easily migrate from one platform to the next without ever losing their game progression.
Never compromising on quality, creativity and originality, we pride ourselves on being innovators in bringing a superior midcore mobile gaming experience to our players. Our flagship title is Shop Heroes, a fantasy shop simulation game infused with our unique rendition on the classic RPG style of gameplay. Since launching globally across ten languages, Shop Heroes has garnered over a dozen features and millions of downloads across iTunes, Google Play, Steam, Facebook and Kongregate (just to name a few).
With its headquarters based in San Francisco and studios setup across Montreal and Shanghai, cloudcade is poised to emerge as a market leader in the global mobile gaming landscape.
You'll be joining a dynamic multi-disciplinary team of talented superstars working closely together to create the next generation of mobile games. Being one of the early employees, you'll have a lot of opportunity for mobility as well as growth within the company, including but not limited to, traveling around the world as we set up new studios and scale up operations. Unlike many larger gaming outfits, we absolutely despise bureaucracy and a rigid hierarchy within the organization and have thus built a culture around empowering each and every member of the team to become deeply involved with the product they are working with. That is to say that everyone involved will have a direct influence on our games throughout every stage of the production cycle, regardless of their role, and get to put their collaborative creativity into the hands of millions of players worldwide.
- Conceptualize, architect and implement scalable backend servers, systems and tools
- Collaborate closely with a small, dynamic, engineering team on integration, debugging and support needs
- Develop and refine innovative features with direction from the product team using cutting edge technology
- Design reliable and maintainable codebase in which allows us to leverage data, automation and reporting to continuously optimize the product
- Participate across the entire spectrum of the product lifecycle, from ideation to liveops by working with a multi-disciplinary team in an agile environmen
- Keen to solve complex problems
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Mastery of MongoDB, Redis or equivalent NoSQL
- Highly motivated, driven to go above and beyond
- Passion for playing and building AAA quality games
- Multi-lingual in English and at least one other language
- Ability to self-manage and to work together with a team
- Proven on an agile team environment with a fast release cycle
- Strong knowledge of scalable server and database architecture
- 5+ years of agile, backend mobile games development experience
- Knowledge in building a multiplayer backend system is a huge plus
- Previous experience working under a startup environment is a huge plus
Please note that all job offers are for on-site, full-time positions in San Francisco, unless otherwise stated.
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Competitive market salary with generous performance bonuses
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks and beer at your disposal
- Commuter benefits to sponsor public transit (Clipper) and/or parking
- Comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage (100% sponsored)
- Reimbursed gym memberships, massages and qualified health & wellness
- Equity ownership in the overall company structure (ISO & founder shares)
- Paid traveling and educational opportunities (conventions & satellite offices)
- Customized state of the art workstation (4K+ Ultrasharp monitors, Macbook Pro laptop, etc.)
- Regular company sponsored lunches, catering, team nights, events and company sponsored trips