We are a fast growing mobile games studio located in the heart of Adelaide CBD, 16 team members strong. Hot on the success of our family title Horse Riding Tales, we are looking for more talented, team-minded & self-motivated people who want to work on original IP. Successful candidates will work in supportive teams, help shape every aspect of the titles they work on and watch hundreds of thousands of players interact with their creations!
Role: UI/UX Designer
Location: Adelaide CBD
Salary Package: Competitive (based on professional experience)
Contract Length: 12 months with strong possibility of extension for the right people
Employment Basis: Full time
The UI/UX Designer will work across project teams to ensure all end products are intuitive to use, and are delivered with a polished look and feel. The role will involve:
- Designing screen flows & wireframes for intuitive interaction and avoidance of player confusion
- Assist in gameplay design to ensure it is intuitive, fun and polished
- Specifying particle effects and sound effects needed to convey information and emotion to the player
- Identifying the information needed to be available for the player at any given time.
- Collaborating closely with programmers, artists, and project coordinators to ensure a consistent, high quality user experience.
Professional studio experience in a similar role preferred but not compulsory if you have outstanding skills.
- Ability to understand the product from a user’s point of view
- Excellent control of Photoshop, Illustrator and other industry standard UI/UX tools which can be used to convey ideas to development teams
- Very strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively prioritise work
Additional Skills You May Have:
- Prior experience designing for mobile games is a strong plus.
- Skills in Unity (particularly in the area of UI and particle effects) to help bring your designs to life are highly regarded.
- Previous game development experience is a plus.
Come work at Foxie!
– Our agile development culture allows you to actively shape all aspects of the game you work on
– We will always do our best to match you with work aligning towards your skills, desires and aspirations
– Work with a bunch of supportive & like-minded people
– Become part of a positive culture that values teamwork and a ‘get things done’ attitude
- Great work/life balance
- Full time salary with leave allowance
Successful applicants will join us in our office at GamePlus Adelaide. Salary will be based on experience.
If you meet the requirements, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include links to work samples demonstrating your ability to fulfil the requirements of this role – this will be a significant factor in our screening process. Please also indicate if you are able to start working full time ASAP, and if not, please make sure to specify your availability.
Applications Open for 2019 until hiring is complete.
Australia/New Zealand Permanent Residents Only