Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, a location-based multiplayer property tycoon for mobile. In our game, players choose what kind of real estate mogul they want to be, strategize around which properties to acquire, and either cooperate or compete with other players to reach their goals.
Our Lead Game Designer needs an analytics-focused brain to balance out her creativity.
Do you crave the chance to take location-based games to a new level? Are you a Product Manager who dreams Excel sheets and also likes to design features? If so, we need you!
We’re looking for a Product Manager with strong experience in game design. You'll work on-site, support prototyping effort for our game’s economy and monetization and follow through their development. You’ll use your analytics and projection skills to turn the massive data set of the real world into a well-balanced, engaging and successful experience. Once the game is live, you’ll transition to providing data-driven insights to improve the design and overall performance of the game, and build the product roadmap.
As part of the design team, you will:
- - Collaborate with the Lead Game Designer to polish designs and support prototyping efforts
- Own pieces of the game that relate to monetization and the economy, and design some of the related features from early idea to completion
- Model the game’s ecosystem and experiment with the tuning to ensure the play experience is fun and sustainable
- Ensure that the feature set and design serve our business model and objectives
- Design the telemetry events and reports required for targeted testing, soft launch and live services
- Analyse user-generated data and competing products to inform the product roadmap and business initiatives
- Document your designs, research, projections and plans and communicate them to relevant stakeholders
We seek someone who has:
- - Significant experience in the games industry (3+ years and/or a few titles shipped)
- Great knowledge of free-to-play and ad-based business models, game economy and balancing
- Good understanding of game design and game development
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others and gain consensus on your ideas
- Ability to perform data analysis and produce reports relevant to various stakeholders
- Analytical thinking
- Creative problem-solving skills
- - You’ve worked in mobile development before.
- You’ve studied or taken on game design tasks.
- You know Confluence and Jira.
- Your Excel sheets and macros are a thing of beauty.
- Google Analytics and BigQuery are your BFF.
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
- Pay based on experience
- A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
- An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
- Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide. You must be authorized to work in Australia as a citizen, permanent resident or current holder of a 457 visa.
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any portfolio information, links, playable demo, videos or other content that demonstrate your skills. If those examples are from team projects, make sure to specify your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.