Job Position type:
With a history dating back to 1932, Bally Technologies designs, manufactures, operates, and distributes advanced gaming devices, systems, and technology solutions for the worldwide casino gaming industry.
Always on the cutting edge of technology innovation, Bally offers rich and rewarding careers for smart, forward-thinking, and passionate people.
The Company has started up in Australia and is poised for rapid growth.
We are building a World Class Games Studio in Sydney, that will be part of a Global Games Development team and you could play an instrumental role, in shaping the culture and success of this team.
The person in this position creates and assists in the initial mathematical design and development of new slot/video games. Performs calculations and provides simulation code to verify correctness of the calculations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for calculating payback percentages, hit frequencies, standard deviation tables, and hit distribution characteristics for all games, features, progressives, and bonuses produced by their team
- Designs fun, innovative math models for optimal player appeal
- Develops math models for slot/video machines and other casino gaming applications that provide entertainment for players, as well as provide revenue for the customer
- Utilizes programming tools to verify math models and create demos
- Writes simulation program code to analyze game play in order to maximize player enjoyment, and analyzes results of the simulations to verify games are paying properly
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets for lab submission; checks all calculations and file formats to Company specifications
- Updates and improves existing code templates, and develops new or improved spreadsheet payout templates
- Works closely with regulatory agencies to resolve any regulatory concerns
Training and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Math role, in gaming or related industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in mathematics, especially probability and statistics
- Strong understanding of the game development process an advantage
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and able to communicate results of analyses to others
- Basic programming skills in C++, with an emphasis in probabilistic algorithms would be an advantage
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets, especially linking and formulas, and the application of calculating probabilities in spreadsheets
- Strong creativity and imagination skills
- Bachelor’s Science of Math, Engineering, or Computer Science, with an emphasis in probability and statistics, or equivalent experience
Please note: By responding to this advertisement for employment, you understand that your resume is being reviewed by our corporate recruiters located in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thank you for your interest in Bally Technologies.