As a Technical Artist, you’ll be working with a team of talented and experienced game developers and engineers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
Your role is to help improve the workflow and tools, highlighting deficiencies and suggesting features/improvements, while developing content designed to push our pipelines and technology to the limit.
- Using tools and scripts as necessary to optimize workflow for the art pipeline and asset management.
- Research and help development existing and new technologies in collaboration with Lead Artist and creative teams.
- Be technically competent and bridge the gap between Engineering and Art/Creative departments.
- Help the creative team diagnose and solve technical problems so they can realise their artistic vision.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Artist and Technical Artists to develop tools, technology, and techniques.
- Share ideas and exploration of new art practices to continually improve the quality of development within the company.
- Assist in the development of project technical art specification, implementation, test plans and other necessary documentation as required.
- Develop quality art assets where required.
- Working within the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes.
- Strong technical background and working knowledge of art pipelines and their development.
- Skilled in developing art assets using 3D content creation software – Maya, Houdini, Substance, Photoshop.
- Experience working within a game development pipeline and real-time engines.
- Able to communicate and coordinate between technical and creative teams.
- Able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Ability to work proactively and under supervision.
- Investigate and provide feedback on our tools and pipelines from an artist’s perspective.
- Collaborate with different teams to improve existing and develop new functionality, pipelines, and workflow.
- Knowledge of current production technologies and their relevant application.
- Strong knowledge of producing quality art assets using 3D content creation software including Maya, Houdini, Substance and Photoshop.
- Experience of developing tools using python and QT framework.
- Experience with procedural pipelines.
- Experience with creating shaders.
- Experience with agile development process.
A bit about the studio and office
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
One of the largest development studios in Australia, Wargaming Sydney created the award-winning BigWorld Technology, which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new games and advanced technologies.
We are a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.