We’re looking for a mid-level game developer with experience in Unity 3D to join our development team. In this role, you will work on a range of games including MMO/Virtual Worlds and games for mobile including social interactions.
Bubble Gum Interactive is a collaborative studio where all team members contribute. Your responsibilities will involve taking part in game design planning, development and programming including character controls, game mechanics, and interactive objects in multiplayer virtual world applications and in social mobile games.
- Development of new single and multiplayer games and related features
- Implement game functionality in Unity3D
- Work with other front-end and back-end developers to deliver the overall product goals
- Active role in design and architecture of the features of the application
- Create technical design documentation throughout the project cycle
- Work directly with entire team
- Minimum 3 years experience in games development using any major technology (Flash or iOS or Android etc.)
- 2-3 years’ experience in games development using the Unity 3D Game Engine
- Experience in developing games for both desktop and mobile platforms (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience in multiplayer games development with client/server environments
- Experience in the design and implementation of game systems and mechanics, including game controls, AI, camera, networking, FX and game object management
- Advanced AI and path finding experience
- Experience and base level understanding in the field of advanced 3D mathematics
- Self-motivation, team-orientation, and a passion for video games
- High attention to detail and the ability to debug and optimise code
- Bachelor’s Degree or some equivalent study or employment experience/training
- A passion for games
- Social networking integration experience (e.g. Facebook)
This is a great opportunity to join a unique and fast-growing player in the gaming industry. We'll offer a competitive salary package, opportunities for growth within a dynamic and vibrant startup culture.
To apply for this role click send your CV and any examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, either commercial games you worked on or personal, hobbyist titles.
This is a full time role based in our Sydney games studio.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.