Job Position type:
Delivering Excellence in VET
- Great Working Environment
- Departments ready to support you (Quality / Compliance / Student Welfare / Student Admin)
- Melbourne CBD Location
Do you want to supplement your games development work with a steady teaching role and contribute back to the industry?
Join a dynamic and quality organisation delivering over 25 nationally accredited qualifications. CBD Location with great hourly rate. Join Academia International, Finalists of the Victorian Training Awards.
Academia International is seeking a Digital Artist Trainer with Games Art experience to deliver the Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Screen and Media. You will be part of our IT Faculty supported by our Games Development and IT trainers to deliver this two year course in Digital Arts (majoring in Games).
You will be employed as a sessional trainer 3 days per week (20 hours per week). Opportunity for immediate start is offered to enable you in extending our resources prior to course commencement in February 2012. Visit our website to find out more: http://www.academia21.com/GamesProgramming_DigitalArts_School/index.html
Full time Employment Available depending on Experience.
- Minimum of 2 years digital content creation experience relevant to games industry
- Basic knowledge in all areas of game content creation, including: 3D character creation, skinning and rigging; texturing; environment art; effects; UI and 2D design, and concept art
- Ability to create optimised, game resolution models and textures
- Industry experience in all stages of game development, from concept to execution
- Degree in fine arts, multimedia, or extensive relevant, demonstrable experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Certificate IV in TAA or TAE
- Experience developing for iPhone or similar devices
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Max or Maya, Pixologic ZBrush, Unreal Engine/Development Kit
- Teaching Experience with an attitude towards student care and a dynamic and engaging teaching approach
- Formal theory and tutorial / lab training
- Mark attendance and assessments as per marking criteria and provide feedback sheets
- Assisting students with lab and project work
- Demonstrate awareness of latest trends in the Games Industry
- Maintain involvement within the Games Industry
Join a successful and growing organisation and be part of a student supportive culture that delivers employability outcomes and / or direct pathways with Academia International' s University partners.
Click on the APPLY NOW button at SEEK or send your resume and contact details to:
Mel Koumides HR Director
Levels 4, 5 & 9 152 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne (Corner Bourke and Elizabeth Streets)
Victoria 3000, Australia