QinetiQ Australia is seeking 2 character artist/modellers to join us at our Brisbane office for an immediate start. The successful applicants will be required to participate in the creation of real time motion tracked character assets for a cutting edge defence simulation application.
This position is fixed term for 2 months but may be extended dependent on project requirements.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Retopologise high resolution head scans to simulation ready assets
- Participate in photogrammetry scanning of actors/models
- Create high quality character assets suitable for real time motion capture
- Work to customer requirements and meet deadlines
- Create high detail clothing solutions in marvelous designer
- Skin, rig and test character deformation.
- Contribute to meetings and maintain communication with the rest of the development team
- Utilize substance designer/painter to create physically based shaders
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience creating ultra-realistic character models for simulation, VR or games
- Experience creating both detailed high-polygon and animation optimized meshes
- Highly experienced working with PBS materials and be capable of producing photorealistic materials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and movement
- Highly experienced and proficient with Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop for character asset development
- Experience in modelling topology for facial animation strongly preferred
- Experience in real-time character development pipelines and the optimization of UV space and texture memory management
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer as well as Marvelous designer well regarded
- Must be willing to participate in the optimizing character development workflow for the development of bleeding edge characters
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of character geometry optimization for real time motion/motion capture
- Experience with Unity
- High level of problem solving ability
- Be able to rapidly assimilate new skills and knowledge
All applications must include previous work examples via a link to an online portfolio and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Please follow this link to apply:
About QinetiQ Australia
QinetiQ Australia delivers projects for customers in the Defence, Government and technology sectors. The services and advice we provide to our customers are unbiased and our insights come from our deep technical expertise and engineering capabilities. We are part of an international business that has successfully delivered large and complex projects in more than 10 countries and employs more than 6,000 people. In Australia we employ more than 280 people in the ACT, SA, VIC, NSW and QLD. Learn more about us at www.QinetiQ.com.au.