Skip to main content

Stepping into the industry. For International Students in Australia

Forum

Hi there, I am an International student and am half way through my degree. I have decided to stay back in australia and work in the games industry as an artist after my course of study. I have been doing my research on game studios here on their requirements for applicants. So far it hasnt been lookg good at all. Majority of the studios i got in touch with, do not sponsor international juniors, they only look out for experienced professionals.

Even with internships at univ, game studios do not take in international students because our visas dont allow full-time work. They dont even accept any calls for work experience either. The only games i have to show are the small 2D mini games i worked on with my friends at univ, and i dont think that counts as "experience". Is there any studio out there that gives international students a chance?

Posted by abe2mir on
Forum

Hi there, I am an International student and am half way through my degree. I have decided to stay back in australia and work in the games industry as an artist after my course of study. I have been doing my research on game studios here on their requirements for applicants. So far it hasnt been lookg good at all. Majority of the studios i got in touch with, do not sponsor international juniors, they only look out for experienced professionals.

Even with internships at univ, game studios do not take in international students because our visas dont allow full-time work. They dont even accept any calls for work experience either. The only games i have to show are the small 2D mini games i worked on with my friends at univ, and i dont think that counts as "experience". Is there any studio out there that gives international students a chance?