Skip to main content

Tsumea Modeller Challenge 10 - Sevendust

• Well, here is the second concept for my character. Just a quick sketch to get my ideas down on paper.. I'm still not happy with her, so she will change again.

I have changed the dogs to wear armour. The two next to her are her bodyguards…

• Well, apparently I have posted my original thread wrong *pout* ..so I will re-post my character development info here. NB: My original idea was posted at 6:54am on Monday 04/08.

"I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to…

Submitted by Sevendust on

Sounds like fun. Count me in. :)

Submitted by Sevendust on Mon, 04/08/08 - 6:54 AM Permalink

I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to stare at for the next four months.. I still don't have my character history set in stone just yet.

I once had a dream that I was walking through some of the rougher streets of an area I used to live in. It was very late into the night, quite dark, no company in the streets.. just silence and street lamps. One street lamp in particular revealed a beaten up looking greyhound under its light. It had a strangely twisted collar around its neck made of steel, with some other large claw like pieces of steel protruding from its shoulders, and some wounds. The dog looked over to me from across the street as he started to walk towards me. Eerily, the creature said in a loud but whisperish voice "psssycho!". Quite creepy - and I hope that this doesn't mean that I'm a psycho for real! But anyway, I would love to bring this character to life. Of course, it has to be set in a more realistic fashion, so I plan to have a "driver".

The driver, or controller, of this creature is going to be a young woman. I am going to go along the lines of most of the Batman type villains - they all have something a bit wrong with them upstairs. I haven't decided what mental disorder she has yet. Perhaps as a child she was subjected to see her dogs put through hell by her family - torture, punishment, dog fights maybe.

This woman is going to have hundreds of greyhounds. To implement the talking idea from the dream, she has attached speakers to all of their collars. So when she is going after someone, she sends her dogs in first and talks through them.

Things to leave behind at the scene could be:
-lots of little puppies with the big collars on
-dog tags
-collar
-a leash, or chain

Things that could motivate her to kill:
-people that put animals up for show (horse racing, dog fighting etc)
-animal cruelty
-someone or something being subjected to unreasonable punishment

Going to think a bit more on it today, I would like to start drawing her up soon :)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 22/08/08 - 12:04 PM Permalink

I really like the grey hounds with there collars it makes them so spooky looking !
Your chick looks good so far, her silhouette is fairly plain with all the skin tight clothing, maybe a feather boa around her arms, of a facinator on her head that creates an interesting shape. I see allot of vegas showgirl in her might be interesting to draw inspiration from some of them.
=D

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 22/08/08 - 12:06 PM Permalink

Oh thanks Neffy!

Those ideas are great :D

I'm reworking her right this moment cause my boyfriend said the dogs looked like something out of bambi :(

Feather boa around the arm sounds neat!

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 12/09/08 - 7:25 AM Permalink

Updating my post from my journal :)

"I have decided she will have two main leader type dogs, bodyguards. She will have hundreds of others, but they are just minions.

The bodyguards will be wearing huge war type armour - something like the lion out of Brotherhood of the Wolf. The minions will be wearing less and less armour, depending on their rank.

This brings more of a pack feel to it, I think. Hopefully will get some new drawings up today :)"

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 12/09/08 - 7:29 AM Permalink

Update #2
"Well, here is the second concept for my character. Just a quick sketch to get my ideas down on paper.. I'm still not happy with her, so she will change again.

I have changed the dogs to wear armour. The two next to her are her bodyguards, so they will don some heavy equipment. I will probably only end up modelling her and the two main dogs, I may paint the rest into the background? We'll see.

For the girl, she now has "Scene" hair! I have added an armband to her with a few stripey tails extending from it (similar to the tails in her hair). This will match the stripey leather/lace on her right leg."

:)

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:29 PM Permalink

The dogs in you last image are looking more menacing in the first.
The gray hounds will be allot of fun to develop high ploy, creating the lean muscular details will be a good challenge.

I remember reading about Rottweilers (they are a scary dog)and how they where bread for going into battle, often dressed in heavy shoulder pads covered in spikes.
Also three or four Rottweilers where used to pull small chariots. could be something useful for you there.

The brother hood of the wolf is such a cool movie, what is that thing? I though it looked more like a Lion.

Cool idea

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:37 PM Permalink

Nice, I didn't know Rottweilers were bred for battle. I will have to research that, maybe I can find some inspiration there :)

Yeah, the beast from Brotherhood of the Wolf is a lion :D

Posted by Sevendust on

Sounds like fun. Count me in. :)

Submitted by Sevendust on Mon, 04/08/08 - 6:54 AM Permalink

I have been putting a lot of thought into what I want to stare at for the next four months.. I still don't have my character history set in stone just yet.

I once had a dream that I was walking through some of the rougher streets of an area I used to live in. It was very late into the night, quite dark, no company in the streets.. just silence and street lamps. One street lamp in particular revealed a beaten up looking greyhound under its light. It had a strangely twisted collar around its neck made of steel, with some other large claw like pieces of steel protruding from its shoulders, and some wounds. The dog looked over to me from across the street as he started to walk towards me. Eerily, the creature said in a loud but whisperish voice "psssycho!". Quite creepy - and I hope that this doesn't mean that I'm a psycho for real! But anyway, I would love to bring this character to life. Of course, it has to be set in a more realistic fashion, so I plan to have a "driver".

The driver, or controller, of this creature is going to be a young woman. I am going to go along the lines of most of the Batman type villains - they all have something a bit wrong with them upstairs. I haven't decided what mental disorder she has yet. Perhaps as a child she was subjected to see her dogs put through hell by her family - torture, punishment, dog fights maybe.

This woman is going to have hundreds of greyhounds. To implement the talking idea from the dream, she has attached speakers to all of their collars. So when she is going after someone, she sends her dogs in first and talks through them.

Things to leave behind at the scene could be:
-lots of little puppies with the big collars on
-dog tags
-collar
-a leash, or chain

Things that could motivate her to kill:
-people that put animals up for show (horse racing, dog fighting etc)
-animal cruelty
-someone or something being subjected to unreasonable punishment

Going to think a bit more on it today, I would like to start drawing her up soon :)

Submitted by Neffy on Fri, 22/08/08 - 12:04 PM Permalink

I really like the grey hounds with there collars it makes them so spooky looking !
Your chick looks good so far, her silhouette is fairly plain with all the skin tight clothing, maybe a feather boa around her arms, of a facinator on her head that creates an interesting shape. I see allot of vegas showgirl in her might be interesting to draw inspiration from some of them.
=D

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 22/08/08 - 12:06 PM Permalink

Oh thanks Neffy!

Those ideas are great :D

I'm reworking her right this moment cause my boyfriend said the dogs looked like something out of bambi :(

Feather boa around the arm sounds neat!

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 12/09/08 - 7:25 AM Permalink

Updating my post from my journal :)

"I have decided she will have two main leader type dogs, bodyguards. She will have hundreds of others, but they are just minions.

The bodyguards will be wearing huge war type armour - something like the lion out of Brotherhood of the Wolf. The minions will be wearing less and less armour, depending on their rank.

This brings more of a pack feel to it, I think. Hopefully will get some new drawings up today :)"

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 12/09/08 - 7:29 AM Permalink

Update #2
"Well, here is the second concept for my character. Just a quick sketch to get my ideas down on paper.. I'm still not happy with her, so she will change again.

I have changed the dogs to wear armour. The two next to her are her bodyguards, so they will don some heavy equipment. I will probably only end up modelling her and the two main dogs, I may paint the rest into the background? We'll see.

For the girl, she now has "Scene" hair! I have added an armband to her with a few stripey tails extending from it (similar to the tails in her hair). This will match the stripey leather/lace on her right leg."

:)

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:29 PM Permalink

The dogs in you last image are looking more menacing in the first.
The gray hounds will be allot of fun to develop high ploy, creating the lean muscular details will be a good challenge.

I remember reading about Rottweilers (they are a scary dog)and how they where bread for going into battle, often dressed in heavy shoulder pads covered in spikes.
Also three or four Rottweilers where used to pull small chariots. could be something useful for you there.

The brother hood of the wolf is such a cool movie, what is that thing? I though it looked more like a Lion.

Cool idea

Submitted by Sevendust on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:37 PM Permalink

Nice, I didn't know Rottweilers were bred for battle. I will have to research that, maybe I can find some inspiration there :)

Yeah, the beast from Brotherhood of the Wolf is a lion :D