Skip to main content

Best Pubs In Melbourne?

Submitted by Falco on
Forum

Hiya everybody.

My class and I were having and end of year BBQ this evening and after my 5th beer I suddenly relised something. I have no idea where the best pubs and night clubs are in Melbourne. It Would be a travisty if I went down this year and missed all the best pubs while I was attending the AGDC.

Now I know that I have left this message way to late, but if anyone knows what pubs or nightclubs my fellow classmates and I should visit before we leave for home I would be forever greatful. Heres a map I got from the Enterprise hotel website where im staying which you could use to mark out some good places are(within stumbling distanceif possible). But if you have a better map please feel free to post it up.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Falco/2004112961751_map.gif[/img]

One last thing, my real name is Anthony Dickinson and if you wanna hang out with me and my mates please find us at the Roach Rage stand cause im gonna have a real good time down in Melbourne and the more people who join us the better. Cause its always nice to get drunk with freinds :)
And if you read this LiveWire i definitly want to buy you Quantum boys a drink.

Thats enough from me then, seeya all down there.

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 30/11/04 - 9:49 AM Permalink

yeah love to meet up with ya's, and since we have no idea where the good pubs are either, i'll be checking back to this thread...

and how about this: the winner of the comp buys the loser a round of drinks [;)], that is ofcourse if either of our groups win.

Submitted by Falco on Tue, 30/11/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

You bet.

I wasn't realy worrying if we didn't win, but now that drinks are on the line ill realy be talking up our game down there.

I'm also gonna come and look for your game. I wanna to see what you guys came up with.

Look forward to seeing you down there.

Submitted by Jacana on Tue, 30/11/04 - 5:15 PM Permalink

I kinda thought that once you were drunk enough any pub was a good pub. Just start at the clubs at the Crown (they have an arcade pub there) and then if you end up not leaving Crown you know its like a $3 taxi ride back to the motel.

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 30/11/04 - 10:43 PM Permalink

Yeah, that barcode place at Crown is pretty good... just don't line your scotches up on the Daytona USA machine, as the chassis moves with the game!!

The sports bar at the crown is a favourite watering hole there because it's relatively unsophisticated... which is what you want when you have a nice cold beer. Closes early though. [:(]

Melbourne people say the crown is poo, so best bet is to find some lovely Melbournites and get them to show you the sights.

Scott.

Posted by Falco on
Forum

Hiya everybody.

My class and I were having and end of year BBQ this evening and after my 5th beer I suddenly relised something. I have no idea where the best pubs and night clubs are in Melbourne. It Would be a travisty if I went down this year and missed all the best pubs while I was attending the AGDC.

Now I know that I have left this message way to late, but if anyone knows what pubs or nightclubs my fellow classmates and I should visit before we leave for home I would be forever greatful. Heres a map I got from the Enterprise hotel website where im staying which you could use to mark out some good places are(within stumbling distanceif possible). But if you have a better map please feel free to post it up.

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/attached/Falco/2004112961751_map.gif[/img]

One last thing, my real name is Anthony Dickinson and if you wanna hang out with me and my mates please find us at the Roach Rage stand cause im gonna have a real good time down in Melbourne and the more people who join us the better. Cause its always nice to get drunk with freinds :)
And if you read this LiveWire i definitly want to buy you Quantum boys a drink.

Thats enough from me then, seeya all down there.

Submitted by LiveWire on Tue, 30/11/04 - 9:49 AM Permalink

yeah love to meet up with ya's, and since we have no idea where the good pubs are either, i'll be checking back to this thread...

and how about this: the winner of the comp buys the loser a round of drinks [;)], that is ofcourse if either of our groups win.

Submitted by Falco on Tue, 30/11/04 - 9:54 AM Permalink

You bet.

I wasn't realy worrying if we didn't win, but now that drinks are on the line ill realy be talking up our game down there.

I'm also gonna come and look for your game. I wanna to see what you guys came up with.

Look forward to seeing you down there.

Submitted by Jacana on Tue, 30/11/04 - 5:15 PM Permalink

I kinda thought that once you were drunk enough any pub was a good pub. Just start at the clubs at the Crown (they have an arcade pub there) and then if you end up not leaving Crown you know its like a $3 taxi ride back to the motel.

Submitted by rezn0r on Tue, 30/11/04 - 10:43 PM Permalink

Yeah, that barcode place at Crown is pretty good... just don't line your scotches up on the Daytona USA machine, as the chassis moves with the game!!

The sports bar at the crown is a favourite watering hole there because it's relatively unsophisticated... which is what you want when you have a nice cold beer. Closes early though. [:(]

Melbourne people say the crown is poo, so best bet is to find some lovely Melbournites and get them to show you the sights.

Scott.