Skip to main content

Gmail Invites

Submitted by tbag on
Forum

Hey everyone,

Since im such a nice person [:o)], i have 4 Gmail invites left. Would anyone from Sumea like one? It entitles you to a 1000mb email account through the good old folks over at Google [:)].

However to set a simple rule, frequent forum posters only please! I dont want to give an invite to a random new user who just wants an invite for the sake of it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested feel free to reply to this thread and i will pm you asking you for some basic details and you should get your invite [:)].

Cheers!

EDIT: Google gave me more invites, 6 left now [:)].

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 30/08/04 - 6:00 AM Permalink

Yes yes tbag! I would be interesting in sampling the 'gmail'
please give one up for me! :D

cheers[8]

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 30/08/04 - 8:54 PM Permalink

Sounds like an offer too good to miss!
I would be very happy to take one off your hands :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 31/08/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

sounds good to me, id like one thanks tbag :)

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 31/08/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

I've got one lying around too...

EDIT: Actually I've got at least 6 invites to go, it seems that GMail is handing them out quite quickly now...

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 01/09/04 - 1:28 AM Permalink

Yeah, i have 6 now [:)]. Anyone want one?

Oh and Me109 and redwyre, check your private messages, or pm me and tell me your first and last name and a non-hotmail, non-yahoo and non-aol email and i can give you your invite [:)].

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 01/09/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

now that im all Gmailed up, how do i know if i have invites to give?

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 01/09/04 - 2:00 AM Permalink

Under the green box table thing that says Labels. There should something like 'Invite 6 friends to gmail!'. It takes a few days until you get some though [:p].

Submitted by conundrum on Wed, 01/09/04 - 8:45 AM Permalink

if you have some left i'd be up for an account, although i might not have been here long enough, so dont bother if you dont want to.
thanks

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 02/09/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Nah, your fine for an invite, im referring to people with like 1 or 2 posts [:p].

Check your private messages!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 18/09/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

anyone else want invites, ive got some to give away

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 18/09/04 - 7:04 AM Permalink

yeah, i have 6 sitting here still [:p].

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 18/09/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

Same, I have 6 still...

I guess this might be the way that they're distributing GMail ?

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 18/09/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

You know you can just post direct links to the invites for the public to take [:)]. You just send yourself the invite and for name and last name just put in anything like 'blank/blank' then just put the link up here and anyone who clicks on it can have it.

Heres one i did as an example, anyone can feel free to take it (Lets see how long it takes someone to claim it, chances are they will find it on Google [:p]) http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-b0674d80f5-f52adbeb60-5953e382dc

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/09/04 - 1:21 AM Permalink

I took it. [:D] Thanks...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 19/09/04 - 4:24 AM Permalink

Heh, i was wondering why the email had such a similiar name to yours [:p].

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/09/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

I couldn't register for Souri@gmail.com [:(!] .. Where do these Souri people come from. I wanted to register souri.com 6 years ago, and I've been waiting for that guy to give up his small homepage (which he hardly updates) ever since... [:(!]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 19/09/04 - 6:59 PM Permalink

I never really had any trouble with Pantmonger. Forum names, e-mail was all avalable, Pantmonger.com was not taken. Just lucky I guess..[:p]

Pantmonger

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 19/09/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

I occasionally have trouble with getting tbag, but generally it isnt taken [:)].

Submitted by DaMunkee on Wed, 22/09/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Souri, the reason why you couldn't register is there is a 8 char limit for the email address. If anyone else needs some invites, just let me know, I have a metric buttload as well.

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 22/09/04 - 2:23 AM Permalink

Actually there isn't... I got Daemin@gmail.com....a friend got Meekys@gmail.com, all under 8 characters...

Unless the limit was imposed within the last week or so?

And yeah, I've got about 12 invites to give away if people are interested - which they don't seem to be.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 22/09/04 - 5:07 PM Permalink

I think the lack of interest is generated by the seeming pointlessness of having a gig of e-mail space. I just don?t get it, Yahooo recently upgraded their free service to 100meg of storage and my usage bar reminds me that, on average, I am using 4% of my available space. Hence the only difference a g-mail account would make for me is that percentage would become 0.4% of available space. Whoooo Hoooo Im living large now. :P

Pantmonger

Submitted by DaMunkee on Wed, 22/09/04 - 8:11 PM Permalink

Well damn, one of my friends said he couldn't get his name because of the character length. Maybe the char length is something like 6 chars or maybe I'm smoking crack :)

Pantmonger, the benefit of the gmail account for me is that at least right now, the bad boy is spam free! I don't know if I'll ever use a fat gig of email space, but all I know is that I'm lazy when it comes to deleting emails so I won't hit my limit anytime soon.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 23/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

pants, its usefull when i want to have large files sent/received basicly.
That and im tempted to test if i sent a HTML file to myself then registered for a free domain if thatd work XP

Submitted by souri on Thu, 23/09/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

I love how you can report an email as spam - I mean, that should've been an option in Hotmail and other free web based email services years ago to curb the spam problem...

I'm ditching my hotmail account after 7 or so years of use once I can find out a way to save all my emails. I've got tonnes of stuff I don't wanna lose, like the email I got from Spike Media (once Australia's biggest and famous design company) from the then co-founder/creative director asking me for an interview/job. [:D] (I found work somewhere else which had a lot of ex-Spike employees and they told me that working there wasn't too good).

Hotmail has a measley 2mbs for all your emails, and that includes all the spam that gets caught and put in trash. It's been a tough time trying to stay under 100% capacity, let me tell you. Especially when a friend sends a 100k picture attachment from time to time [V]

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 23/09/04 - 9:51 PM Permalink

Souri: Forward those emails to your gmail account then...

So far I've only ever found one spam in my "spam" folder on GMail, which I thought it was very good as it filtered it for me etc.

Also I heard on TripleJ that there was a review of GMail on it yesterday (the 22nd of September).

Submitted by DaMunkee on Fri, 24/09/04 - 12:13 AM Permalink

Souri, I know with Yahoo, you can "Archive" messages. Which means it allows you to download a file which can then be opened by various email clients (outlook and such). Seeing as Hotmail is a microsoft product, you would think they would have the same sort of thing on their end. Anyway, it's an idea to look into :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/05/05 - 7:54 AM Permalink

instead of making a new topic, ill just revive this one to say ive got a heap of gmail invites to go out to anyone who wants, just give us a yell

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 11/05/05 - 10:35 PM Permalink

Gmail Invites = (Number of GMail Accounts Owned) * 50

(I've got about 3 accounts at the moment.)

Submitted by timmah on Thu, 12/05/05 - 6:19 AM Permalink

In regards to spam, you can expect to get spam in your inbox. Im sure if you actually read it, you really do ask for it when you sign into hotmail....

it is said in the .Net privacy statement

"If your .NET Passport was registered in an MSN domain (e.g. you have an @hotmail.com, @WebTV.net, or @msn.com e-mail account), then MSN, the provider of those e-mail services and the sponsor of those domains, will receive the profile information at the time of registration and will receive updates to your profile information whenever you sign in to an MSN site or service."

So technically its not a "problem" because microsoft is getting sponsored by these third parties and doesnt really give a damn about your hotmail because they are getting heaps of new account signups each day (whats one less gonna mean to them?).

In regards to gmail, i have about 50 invites [:)]

Submitted by AntsZ on Fri, 13/05/05 - 10:46 AM Permalink

I know I havent been here long, but I wouldnt mind a gmail invite, sort of need the space to transfer some files from my computer in melbourne to me here in brisbane, I know I could just ask someone to burn them but they are all emails and I sort of need to get to them, very important.

So if anyone feels like to give me one it would be appreciated alot thanx

Posted by tbag on
Forum

Hey everyone,

Since im such a nice person [:o)], i have 4 Gmail invites left. Would anyone from Sumea like one? It entitles you to a 1000mb email account through the good old folks over at Google [:)].

However to set a simple rule, frequent forum posters only please! I dont want to give an invite to a random new user who just wants an invite for the sake of it.

Anyway, if anyone is interested feel free to reply to this thread and i will pm you asking you for some basic details and you should get your invite [:)].

Cheers!

EDIT: Google gave me more invites, 6 left now [:)].

Submitted by Me109 on Mon, 30/08/04 - 6:00 AM Permalink

Yes yes tbag! I would be interesting in sampling the 'gmail'
please give one up for me! :D

cheers[8]

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 30/08/04 - 8:54 PM Permalink

Sounds like an offer too good to miss!
I would be very happy to take one off your hands :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 31/08/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

sounds good to me, id like one thanks tbag :)

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 31/08/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

I've got one lying around too...

EDIT: Actually I've got at least 6 invites to go, it seems that GMail is handing them out quite quickly now...

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 01/09/04 - 1:28 AM Permalink

Yeah, i have 6 now [:)]. Anyone want one?

Oh and Me109 and redwyre, check your private messages, or pm me and tell me your first and last name and a non-hotmail, non-yahoo and non-aol email and i can give you your invite [:)].

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 01/09/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

now that im all Gmailed up, how do i know if i have invites to give?

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 01/09/04 - 2:00 AM Permalink

Under the green box table thing that says Labels. There should something like 'Invite 6 friends to gmail!'. It takes a few days until you get some though [:p].

Submitted by conundrum on Wed, 01/09/04 - 8:45 AM Permalink

if you have some left i'd be up for an account, although i might not have been here long enough, so dont bother if you dont want to.
thanks

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 02/09/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

Nah, your fine for an invite, im referring to people with like 1 or 2 posts [:p].

Check your private messages!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 18/09/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

anyone else want invites, ive got some to give away

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 18/09/04 - 7:04 AM Permalink

yeah, i have 6 sitting here still [:p].

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 18/09/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

Same, I have 6 still...

I guess this might be the way that they're distributing GMail ?

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 18/09/04 - 11:32 PM Permalink

You know you can just post direct links to the invites for the public to take [:)]. You just send yourself the invite and for name and last name just put in anything like 'blank/blank' then just put the link up here and anyone who clicks on it can have it.

Heres one i did as an example, anyone can feel free to take it (Lets see how long it takes someone to claim it, chances are they will find it on Google [:p]) http://gmail.google.com/gmail/a-b0674d80f5-f52adbeb60-5953e382dc

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/09/04 - 1:21 AM Permalink

I took it. [:D] Thanks...

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 19/09/04 - 4:24 AM Permalink

Heh, i was wondering why the email had such a similiar name to yours [:p].

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/09/04 - 4:43 AM Permalink

I couldn't register for Souri@gmail.com [:(!] .. Where do these Souri people come from. I wanted to register souri.com 6 years ago, and I've been waiting for that guy to give up his small homepage (which he hardly updates) ever since... [:(!]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Sun, 19/09/04 - 6:59 PM Permalink

I never really had any trouble with Pantmonger. Forum names, e-mail was all avalable, Pantmonger.com was not taken. Just lucky I guess..[:p]

Pantmonger

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 19/09/04 - 7:15 PM Permalink

I occasionally have trouble with getting tbag, but generally it isnt taken [:)].

Submitted by DaMunkee on Wed, 22/09/04 - 1:22 AM Permalink

Souri, the reason why you couldn't register is there is a 8 char limit for the email address. If anyone else needs some invites, just let me know, I have a metric buttload as well.

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 22/09/04 - 2:23 AM Permalink

Actually there isn't... I got Daemin@gmail.com....a friend got Meekys@gmail.com, all under 8 characters...

Unless the limit was imposed within the last week or so?

And yeah, I've got about 12 invites to give away if people are interested - which they don't seem to be.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Wed, 22/09/04 - 5:07 PM Permalink

I think the lack of interest is generated by the seeming pointlessness of having a gig of e-mail space. I just don?t get it, Yahooo recently upgraded their free service to 100meg of storage and my usage bar reminds me that, on average, I am using 4% of my available space. Hence the only difference a g-mail account would make for me is that percentage would become 0.4% of available space. Whoooo Hoooo Im living large now. :P

Pantmonger

Submitted by DaMunkee on Wed, 22/09/04 - 8:11 PM Permalink

Well damn, one of my friends said he couldn't get his name because of the character length. Maybe the char length is something like 6 chars or maybe I'm smoking crack :)

Pantmonger, the benefit of the gmail account for me is that at least right now, the bad boy is spam free! I don't know if I'll ever use a fat gig of email space, but all I know is that I'm lazy when it comes to deleting emails so I won't hit my limit anytime soon.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 23/09/04 - 4:07 AM Permalink

pants, its usefull when i want to have large files sent/received basicly.
That and im tempted to test if i sent a HTML file to myself then registered for a free domain if thatd work XP

Submitted by souri on Thu, 23/09/04 - 4:36 AM Permalink

I love how you can report an email as spam - I mean, that should've been an option in Hotmail and other free web based email services years ago to curb the spam problem...

I'm ditching my hotmail account after 7 or so years of use once I can find out a way to save all my emails. I've got tonnes of stuff I don't wanna lose, like the email I got from Spike Media (once Australia's biggest and famous design company) from the then co-founder/creative director asking me for an interview/job. [:D] (I found work somewhere else which had a lot of ex-Spike employees and they told me that working there wasn't too good).

Hotmail has a measley 2mbs for all your emails, and that includes all the spam that gets caught and put in trash. It's been a tough time trying to stay under 100% capacity, let me tell you. Especially when a friend sends a 100k picture attachment from time to time [V]

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 23/09/04 - 9:51 PM Permalink

Souri: Forward those emails to your gmail account then...

So far I've only ever found one spam in my "spam" folder on GMail, which I thought it was very good as it filtered it for me etc.

Also I heard on TripleJ that there was a review of GMail on it yesterday (the 22nd of September).

Submitted by DaMunkee on Fri, 24/09/04 - 12:13 AM Permalink

Souri, I know with Yahoo, you can "Archive" messages. Which means it allows you to download a file which can then be opened by various email clients (outlook and such). Seeing as Hotmail is a microsoft product, you would think they would have the same sort of thing on their end. Anyway, it's an idea to look into :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/05/05 - 7:54 AM Permalink

instead of making a new topic, ill just revive this one to say ive got a heap of gmail invites to go out to anyone who wants, just give us a yell

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 11/05/05 - 10:35 PM Permalink

Gmail Invites = (Number of GMail Accounts Owned) * 50

(I've got about 3 accounts at the moment.)

Submitted by timmah on Thu, 12/05/05 - 6:19 AM Permalink

In regards to spam, you can expect to get spam in your inbox. Im sure if you actually read it, you really do ask for it when you sign into hotmail....

it is said in the .Net privacy statement

"If your .NET Passport was registered in an MSN domain (e.g. you have an @hotmail.com, @WebTV.net, or @msn.com e-mail account), then MSN, the provider of those e-mail services and the sponsor of those domains, will receive the profile information at the time of registration and will receive updates to your profile information whenever you sign in to an MSN site or service."

So technically its not a "problem" because microsoft is getting sponsored by these third parties and doesnt really give a damn about your hotmail because they are getting heaps of new account signups each day (whats one less gonna mean to them?).

In regards to gmail, i have about 50 invites [:)]

Submitted by AntsZ on Fri, 13/05/05 - 10:46 AM Permalink

I know I havent been here long, but I wouldnt mind a gmail invite, sort of need the space to transfer some files from my computer in melbourne to me here in brisbane, I know I could just ask someone to burn them but they are all emails and I sort of need to get to them, very important.

So if anyone feels like to give me one it would be appreciated alot thanx