Skip to main content

Sebp_Challenge 10#

Submitted by sebp on

This was heaps fun last time. I reckon Ive got my head around normal maps now so I am keen to test my skillz!!!

Submitted by Tolch on Wed, 30/07/08 - 12:05 PM Permalink

Looking forward to seeing what you can put out here sebp along with what i can learn from you over the next few months

Submitted by kit11 on Wed, 30/07/08 - 6:04 PM Permalink

hey seb was wondering if you would be back this year, nice to see you again =) look forward to seeing you leet new skillz..... and hopefully learning them for myself lol =)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Thu, 31/07/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

Will be interesting to see what you come up with here Seb, lot of room to move with this one. I'm just hoping to keep up. :)

MJR

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 26/08/08 - 11:32 AM Permalink

Super Villain Name: Radio Bird man
Bird man is an Air wave vandal a noisy obnoxious twit. Through the use of multiple speakers stitched into his cloths and a petrol powered amplifier / jet pack strapped to his back, Bird man is able to shake buildings to there foundations when the volume dial is set to 11.

Calling card: Transistor radio with a bloodied ear tapped to it.

Eats: Red lentil Dahl, vegan jelly snakes.
Drives: jet pack and a sweet as EH Holden ute with a loud shouty engine.
Hobbies: Listening to live bands and his transistor radio through a skin colored glass ear piece.
Age; 55
H8s: tv

Submitted by kit11 on Fri, 22/08/08 - 5:31 PM Permalink

looking good seb, the jet pack looks sweet =)

Submitted by kit11 on Thu, 28/08/08 - 8:21 PM Permalink

Lol now theres a sound system worth having =)

nice concept cant wait to see the modeling =)

Submitted by kit11 on Thu, 11/09/08 - 5:18 PM Permalink

Looking good so far seb

i really need to make a start on mine soon =(

Submitted by Tejay on Thu, 11/09/08 - 11:45 PM Permalink

Lookin pretty sweet there seb, although something doesnt seem quite right. The arms and chest dont seem to fit together. It might be that the arms are too thin, or the chest is to thick. It depends on how buff you want your guy to be. The arms seem to be closer to your concept but your chest and neck seem like your other beefy characters. Also i find that the clavicle tends to arch slightly downwards instead of in a strait line. It also tends to form a neat line for the start of the deltoid :)
good example:
http://www.photoshoptalent.com/images/contests/leaf%20drops/infosteps/f…

Submitted by dark_virus_2007 on Fri, 12/09/08 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Modelling already wow man your a quick one.

Awesome work so far Seb, you have made an excellent start. I see your getting pretty good with your normal mapping skills and your sculpts are becoming better and better :D keep up the good work.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 2:20 PM Permalink

Thanks virus I use mud box for the high polygon sculpts, it makes me a bit of freak, it would seem most people prefer Z brush I find the pick up and go with mud box instantly satisfying. I must admit the Z brush models looks really good and tend to have heaps more detail then Mud box models.

Cheers for the advise Tee Jay, I so often get to carried away with the muscles they just get bigger and bigger as I go along. I think I will try shifting my initial focus on revealing skeletal parts of the figure first then add muscle detail. You are absolutely right, the collar bone is all wrong. I reckon I have a some good reference, I purposely picked Iggy pop cose' he likes getting his shirt off and he is wrinkly and he has nasty looking vains, I will have to pay more attention to my reference.

Posted by sebp on

This was heaps fun last time. I reckon Ive got my head around normal maps now so I am keen to test my skillz!!!

Submitted by Tolch on Wed, 30/07/08 - 12:05 PM Permalink

Looking forward to seeing what you can put out here sebp along with what i can learn from you over the next few months

Submitted by kit11 on Wed, 30/07/08 - 6:04 PM Permalink

hey seb was wondering if you would be back this year, nice to see you again =) look forward to seeing you leet new skillz..... and hopefully learning them for myself lol =)

Submitted by mjrobbie on Thu, 31/07/08 - 1:13 AM Permalink

Will be interesting to see what you come up with here Seb, lot of room to move with this one. I'm just hoping to keep up. :)

MJR

Submitted by sebp on Tue, 26/08/08 - 11:32 AM Permalink

Super Villain Name: Radio Bird man
Bird man is an Air wave vandal a noisy obnoxious twit. Through the use of multiple speakers stitched into his cloths and a petrol powered amplifier / jet pack strapped to his back, Bird man is able to shake buildings to there foundations when the volume dial is set to 11.

Calling card: Transistor radio with a bloodied ear tapped to it.

Eats: Red lentil Dahl, vegan jelly snakes.
Drives: jet pack and a sweet as EH Holden ute with a loud shouty engine.
Hobbies: Listening to live bands and his transistor radio through a skin colored glass ear piece.
Age; 55
H8s: tv

Submitted by kit11 on Fri, 22/08/08 - 5:31 PM Permalink

looking good seb, the jet pack looks sweet =)

Submitted by kit11 on Thu, 28/08/08 - 8:21 PM Permalink

Lol now theres a sound system worth having =)

nice concept cant wait to see the modeling =)

Submitted by kit11 on Thu, 11/09/08 - 5:18 PM Permalink

Looking good so far seb

i really need to make a start on mine soon =(

Submitted by Tejay on Thu, 11/09/08 - 11:45 PM Permalink

Lookin pretty sweet there seb, although something doesnt seem quite right. The arms and chest dont seem to fit together. It might be that the arms are too thin, or the chest is to thick. It depends on how buff you want your guy to be. The arms seem to be closer to your concept but your chest and neck seem like your other beefy characters. Also i find that the clavicle tends to arch slightly downwards instead of in a strait line. It also tends to form a neat line for the start of the deltoid :)
good example:
http://www.photoshoptalent.com/images/contests/leaf%20drops/infosteps/f…

Submitted by dark_virus_2007 on Fri, 12/09/08 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Modelling already wow man your a quick one.

Awesome work so far Seb, you have made an excellent start. I see your getting pretty good with your normal mapping skills and your sculpts are becoming better and better :D keep up the good work.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 2:20 PM Permalink

Thanks virus I use mud box for the high polygon sculpts, it makes me a bit of freak, it would seem most people prefer Z brush I find the pick up and go with mud box instantly satisfying. I must admit the Z brush models looks really good and tend to have heaps more detail then Mud box models.

Cheers for the advise Tee Jay, I so often get to carried away with the muscles they just get bigger and bigger as I go along. I think I will try shifting my initial focus on revealing skeletal parts of the figure first then add muscle detail. You are absolutely right, the collar bone is all wrong. I reckon I have a some good reference, I purposely picked Iggy pop cose' he likes getting his shirt off and he is wrinkly and he has nasty looking vains, I will have to pay more attention to my reference.