Skip to main content

Dev Magazine

Submitted by Skribble on
Forum

Hi, just wondering if u guys know of any Magazines that deal in Game/Art/Website development in australia.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 30/06/04 - 6:03 PM Permalink

I've heard of a magazine for games, called game developer magazine, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

The only magazine i buy is Atomic, it has game reviews, usually has articles about art for games and stuff like bump mapping and cel shading. But i dont think it has web developement. I reckon you should buy it thoug, it's only 6.95 and is always a good read.

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 30/06/04 - 6:31 PM Permalink

Game Dev Magazine when you can find it sells for about $20 an issue.

The easiest way to get the magazine is sign up as a student member of the IGDA. That gets you access to the magazine as well. The cost for membership is around $35 Aust a year.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:13 PM Permalink

theres also another UK mag called "game maker" which is actually more based around mod teams and custom content then proffesional developers. Plus it comes with DVDs full of tools and stuff apparently.

Submitted by X5 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 4:21 AM Permalink

ne 1 seen where 1 could get their hands on the Game Maker Magazine in brisbane?

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 01/07/04 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Please use proper words, it hurts my eyes to look at that.

Posted by Skribble on
Forum

Hi, just wondering if u guys know of any Magazines that deal in Game/Art/Website development in australia.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 30/06/04 - 6:03 PM Permalink

I've heard of a magazine for games, called game developer magazine, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

The only magazine i buy is Atomic, it has game reviews, usually has articles about art for games and stuff like bump mapping and cel shading. But i dont think it has web developement. I reckon you should buy it thoug, it's only 6.95 and is always a good read.

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 30/06/04 - 6:31 PM Permalink

Game Dev Magazine when you can find it sells for about $20 an issue.

The easiest way to get the magazine is sign up as a student member of the IGDA. That gets you access to the magazine as well. The cost for membership is around $35 Aust a year.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:13 PM Permalink

theres also another UK mag called "game maker" which is actually more based around mod teams and custom content then proffesional developers. Plus it comes with DVDs full of tools and stuff apparently.

Submitted by X5 on Thu, 01/07/04 - 4:21 AM Permalink

ne 1 seen where 1 could get their hands on the Game Maker Magazine in brisbane?

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 01/07/04 - 4:37 AM Permalink

Please use proper words, it hurts my eyes to look at that.