Skip to main content

Kids say the darndest things...

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

1up.com did this before, so they've decided to do another one. Basically, they get a bunch of kids to play and comment on some legendary old titles. quote:Garret: Maybe Mr. T is Nintendo's marketing director. Mike Tyson was all like, "I'm gonna eat your dogs; I'm gonna eat your kids...."

Rachel: I'm not really one who likes eating people.

Bobby: I'm gonna eat your momma.

[url="www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3137498"]It never fails to crack me up[/url]. [:)]

I wonder if 10 year olds would be feeling/saying the same thing about Doom 3, Half Life 2, Gran Turismo 4 etc 10-20 years from now [?]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 30/12/04 - 12:25 AM Permalink

EGM: [Laughing] So those are the two things that make you think that's not Mike Tyson?

Garret: Yeah, plus this guy's wearing pants.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 30/12/04 - 12:52 AM Permalink

Very funny read, Bobby is my favourite, he seems to come out with the weirdest things. Thanks Souri.

Submitted by Mdobele on Fri, 31/12/04 - 3:03 AM Permalink

I was in tears from this. Whilst playing Street Fighter 2

Anthony: Why did he get thrown up when he got jumped on.

EGM: I don't think physics is supposed to be realistic.

Bobby: It's probably because the Nazis felt bad having a cement fighting place, so they put little trampolines under-

Parker: Wait. What do Nazi's have to do with it?

Bobby: Because Zangief is a Nazi.

EGM: He's Russian. Not German.

Garret: He's a communist.

Bobby: Then why is Zangief's place a Nazi place?

EGM: It's not.

Bobby: Yes it is-it had a Nazi sign on the cement.

Parker: It couldn't have been. They wouldn't have let that in videogames.

Bobby: Whatever.

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 31/12/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

EGM: So girls don't think Link's a hunk?

Rachel: No.

Dillon: Gosh no.

Rachel: I like actual humans better than videogame characters.

- You go girl - :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 31/12/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

EGM: What does this game need to make it as good as Space Invaders?

Parker: Worse graphics.

GOLD! :P i love these articles

Posted by souri on
Forum

1up.com did this before, so they've decided to do another one. Basically, they get a bunch of kids to play and comment on some legendary old titles. quote:Garret: Maybe Mr. T is Nintendo's marketing director. Mike Tyson was all like, "I'm gonna eat your dogs; I'm gonna eat your kids...."

Rachel: I'm not really one who likes eating people.

Bobby: I'm gonna eat your momma.

[url="www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=0&cId=3137498"]It never fails to crack me up[/url]. [:)]

I wonder if 10 year olds would be feeling/saying the same thing about Doom 3, Half Life 2, Gran Turismo 4 etc 10-20 years from now [?]

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 30/12/04 - 12:25 AM Permalink

EGM: [Laughing] So those are the two things that make you think that's not Mike Tyson?

Garret: Yeah, plus this guy's wearing pants.

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Thu, 30/12/04 - 12:52 AM Permalink

Very funny read, Bobby is my favourite, he seems to come out with the weirdest things. Thanks Souri.

Submitted by Mdobele on Fri, 31/12/04 - 3:03 AM Permalink

I was in tears from this. Whilst playing Street Fighter 2

Anthony: Why did he get thrown up when he got jumped on.

EGM: I don't think physics is supposed to be realistic.

Bobby: It's probably because the Nazis felt bad having a cement fighting place, so they put little trampolines under-

Parker: Wait. What do Nazi's have to do with it?

Bobby: Because Zangief is a Nazi.

EGM: He's Russian. Not German.

Garret: He's a communist.

Bobby: Then why is Zangief's place a Nazi place?

EGM: It's not.

Bobby: Yes it is-it had a Nazi sign on the cement.

Parker: It couldn't have been. They wouldn't have let that in videogames.

Bobby: Whatever.

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 31/12/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

EGM: So girls don't think Link's a hunk?

Rachel: No.

Dillon: Gosh no.

Rachel: I like actual humans better than videogame characters.

- You go girl - :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 31/12/04 - 6:18 AM Permalink

EGM: What does this game need to make it as good as Space Invaders?

Parker: Worse graphics.

GOLD! :P i love these articles