Skip to main content

You're stuck with me now *cackle*

Submitted by Jacana on
Forum

So suffer!!! I was granted citizenship today :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 29/10/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

quote:You're stuck with me now *cackle*

And damn happy 'bout it too [:D]

Big congrats and about time - I remember when you where saying you intended to do it but could never be bothered to just do it; just not being bothered to do it I think that makes you automatically more Australian than people born here [;)]

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 29/10/03 - 10:41 AM Permalink

um, what planet where you from originally

(don't mind me, currently walking the thin line between coding burnout and being draged off to dance with brazilian friends as they don't know any guys in australia that can dance)

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 29/10/03 - 8:54 PM Permalink

Have you done the citizenship ceremony yet? Its a bit of a yawn, did it when I was younger with the folks.

Anyway, welcome to Earth. [:P]

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 29/10/03 - 11:12 PM Permalink

congrats to Jacana...[8D]

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 30/10/03 - 8:14 AM Permalink

now to be a true aussie, you need an old crappy ford or holden lying in your 6 feet tall grass on bricks. add to that a VB box lying near your front door and that you are on the dole, and you would be a model aussie. mullet may be going a bit too far though...

congrats though.

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:28 AM Permalink

Actually I think Joel was talking about the right way to prove I am ready to be an Aussie.

I have been up for citizenship for a couple of years now I have just been too lazy to bother - couldnt' be stuffed dealing with Immigration :)

It kinda ruins the fun tho - I can't run around and tell people I am an alien now!

As sad as it sounds (I know there are a lot of people who are struggling to get Aussie citizenship) I am not overly fussed about the ceremony. I am really trying to avoid the Australia Day one. After being here for almost seven years (about 1/4 of my life) here is home as much as "home" is home.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 04/11/03 - 12:07 AM Permalink

That sounds like a threat!

If you couldn't get citizenship, I'm sure anyone here can offer you a sham marriage so you can stay in Australia. [;)]

quote:Have you done the citizenship ceremony yet? Its a bit of a yawn, did it when I was younger with the folks.

Where did you come from previously, Malus?

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 04/11/03 - 8:56 PM Permalink

New Zealand!! boo haa ha. We are taking over!

I've only spent limited time there though, I grew up in Papua New Guinea and then Oz, been here for nearly all my life.

"Bah".......what was that?! [:P]

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 05/11/03 - 12:28 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri
If you couldn't get citizenship, I'm sure anyone here can offer you a sham marriage so you can stay in Australia. [;)]

Now that sounds like a threat to the whole male population of Australia!

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Just wanted to say its all official - signed, sealed, and delivered :) Can't deport me now!

Had the ceremony at 2:30pm today. It was interesting.....

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 18/12/03 - 9:22 AM Permalink

interesting good.... interesting bad.... interesting I would rather stick my finger in an electric pencil sharpener... help us out a little :)

Good to hear that you are now one step closer to that mullet :D

Submitted by souri on Thu, 18/12/03 - 11:58 PM Permalink

Cheryl is going for a fem-mullet? Oh dear. [:)]

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:30 AM Permalink

damn right - hot red fem-mullet at that ;)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:29 PM Permalink

It's only fitting that we all call her 'Shazza' from now on.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:41 PM Permalink

Ninja had already started the Australian nickname Chezza if I remember right [:)]

Submitted by Jacana on Sat, 20/12/03 - 3:19 AM Permalink

*tries to run away from the conversation but gets her feet tangled up in her thongs and spills her VB stubby all over her singlet*

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 20/12/03 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Quickly Chezza. You're almost to your torana... Oh that's right, It's sitting on bricks in the middle of your two metre high grass :P

Ah too much fun can be had with this thread :D

Submitted by sylvius on Sat, 03/01/04 - 10:12 PM Permalink

Congratulations!

<< Insert witty remark here >>

Did you have to give up your american citzenship, if I may ask? <- Just curious [:I]

Best wishes for your OZian future

greets
the guy from berlin...

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 03/01/04 - 11:52 PM Permalink

I don't know how it is with America, but for me I still hold Polish citizenship, and Australian too.

So I'm just waiting till they join the European Union and I'll have free entry into almost all of Europe :-)

Submitted by souri on Sun, 04/01/04 - 1:22 PM Permalink

Hey Sylvius... how was your trip to the AGDC 2003 and Australia!

Posted by Jacana on
Forum

So suffer!!! I was granted citizenship today :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 29/10/03 - 10:25 AM Permalink

And damn happy 'bout it too [:D]

Big congrats and about time - I remember when you where saying you intended to do it but could never be bothered to just do it; just not being bothered to do it I think that makes you automatically more Australian than people born here [;)]

Submitted by davidcoen on Wed, 29/10/03 - 10:41 AM Permalink

um, what planet where you from originally

(don't mind me, currently walking the thin line between coding burnout and being draged off to dance with brazilian friends as they don't know any guys in australia that can dance)

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 29/10/03 - 8:54 PM Permalink

Have you done the citizenship ceremony yet? Its a bit of a yawn, did it when I was younger with the folks.

Anyway, welcome to Earth. [:P]

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 29/10/03 - 11:12 PM Permalink

congrats to Jacana...[8D]

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 30/10/03 - 8:14 AM Permalink

now to be a true aussie, you need an old crappy ford or holden lying in your 6 feet tall grass on bricks. add to that a VB box lying near your front door and that you are on the dole, and you would be a model aussie. mullet may be going a bit too far though...

congrats though.

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 30/10/03 - 9:28 AM Permalink

Actually I think Joel was talking about the right way to prove I am ready to be an Aussie.

I have been up for citizenship for a couple of years now I have just been too lazy to bother - couldnt' be stuffed dealing with Immigration :)

It kinda ruins the fun tho - I can't run around and tell people I am an alien now!

As sad as it sounds (I know there are a lot of people who are struggling to get Aussie citizenship) I am not overly fussed about the ceremony. I am really trying to avoid the Australia Day one. After being here for almost seven years (about 1/4 of my life) here is home as much as "home" is home.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 04/11/03 - 12:07 AM Permalink

That sounds like a threat!

quote:Have you done the citizenship ceremony yet? Its a bit of a yawn, did it when I was younger with the folks.

Where did you come from previously, Malus?

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 04/11/03 - 8:56 PM Permalink

New Zealand!! boo haa ha. We are taking over!

I've only spent limited time there though, I grew up in Papua New Guinea and then Oz, been here for nearly all my life.

"Bah".......what was that?! [:P]

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 05/11/03 - 12:28 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Now that sounds like a threat to the whole male population of Australia!

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 18/12/03 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Just wanted to say its all official - signed, sealed, and delivered :) Can't deport me now!

Had the ceremony at 2:30pm today. It was interesting.....

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 18/12/03 - 9:22 AM Permalink

interesting good.... interesting bad.... interesting I would rather stick my finger in an electric pencil sharpener... help us out a little :)

Good to hear that you are now one step closer to that mullet :D

Submitted by souri on Thu, 18/12/03 - 11:58 PM Permalink

Cheryl is going for a fem-mullet? Oh dear. [:)]

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:30 AM Permalink

damn right - hot red fem-mullet at that ;)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:29 PM Permalink

It's only fitting that we all call her 'Shazza' from now on.

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 19/12/03 - 10:41 PM Permalink

Ninja had already started the Australian nickname Chezza if I remember right [:)]

Submitted by Jacana on Sat, 20/12/03 - 3:19 AM Permalink

*tries to run away from the conversation but gets her feet tangled up in her thongs and spills her VB stubby all over her singlet*

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 20/12/03 - 7:32 AM Permalink

Quickly Chezza. You're almost to your torana... Oh that's right, It's sitting on bricks in the middle of your two metre high grass :P

Ah too much fun can be had with this thread :D

Submitted by sylvius on Sat, 03/01/04 - 10:12 PM Permalink

Congratulations!

<< Insert witty remark here >>

Did you have to give up your american citzenship, if I may ask? <- Just curious [:I]

Best wishes for your OZian future

greets
the guy from berlin...

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 03/01/04 - 11:52 PM Permalink

I don't know how it is with America, but for me I still hold Polish citizenship, and Australian too.

So I'm just waiting till they join the European Union and I'll have free entry into almost all of Europe :-)

Submitted by souri on Sun, 04/01/04 - 1:22 PM Permalink

Hey Sylvius... how was your trip to the AGDC 2003 and Australia!