Skip to main content

compositing software

Forum

whats a good compositing software package that has good effects and is relatively easy to use.
I know about adobe after effects (at least i thinks it a compositing application) and i know about the 3 discreet have. combustion, inferno and what ever the other one was.
So which is a good one to get?

Bloody hell its a giant harmonica!

Submitted by souri on Sun, 04/08/02 - 1:17 PM Permalink

I was hoping to get an answer for you from Iloura, but seeing as they haven't responded to my interview questions, it seems unlikely they'll answer this one.. anyway, Iloura are an awesome post production and visual effects company from Melbourne. I'm certain everyone has seen at least one of their ads on tv - the most amazing one I'd say is the Monaro ad.. you know the one, the yellow Monaro racing through the streets against some other cars, like the Viper.. it looks like a Playstation game.. (an amazing fact about it is that the monaro itself is computer generated too).. anyway, back to the software.. this is the set of programs they use here http://www.iloura.com.au/suites/suites_main.htm .. basically, Flame, Inferno, Infinity, Final Cut Pro or After Effects..
Make sure you check out the rest of their site as well, especially the 'making of' pages!!

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Sun, 04/08/02 - 10:01 PM Permalink

thanks
that should help alot

Forum

whats a good compositing software package that has good effects and is relatively easy to use.
I know about adobe after effects (at least i thinks it a compositing application) and i know about the 3 discreet have. combustion, inferno and what ever the other one was.
So which is a good one to get?

Submitted by souri on Sun, 04/08/02 - 1:17 PM Permalink

I was hoping to get an answer for you from Iloura, but seeing as they haven't responded to my interview questions, it seems unlikely they'll answer this one.. anyway, Iloura are an awesome post production and visual effects company from Melbourne. I'm certain everyone has seen at least one of their ads on tv - the most amazing one I'd say is the Monaro ad.. you know the one, the yellow Monaro racing through the streets against some other cars, like the Viper.. it looks like a Playstation game.. (an amazing fact about it is that the monaro itself is computer generated too).. anyway, back to the software.. this is the set of programs they use here http://www.iloura.com.au/suites/suites_main.htm .. basically, Flame, Inferno, Infinity, Final Cut Pro or After Effects..
Make sure you check out the rest of their site as well, especially the 'making of' pages!!

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Sun, 04/08/02 - 10:01 PM Permalink

thanks
that should help alot