Game creation tools

Game Programming links

General Programming links

Advanced Programming links

Game Programming links

Windows CE, Pockect PC and Mobile

Unsorted:
http://icculus.org/

If you think something should be added to this list, post in this thread. I will delete the post when I add the links to keep it clean.

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 28/04/05 - 8:16 PM Permalink

Don't we already have something like this in the coder section of Sumea?

Why not add the links there instead, or haven't you found that feature yet?

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 29/04/05 - 1:16 AM Permalink

To be honest, I had totally forgotten about them, and it took me 10 minutes to find them (for those of you playing at home, "essential links" to the right in the coder section). I don't think they've been touched since they were added how many years ago...

So I'll work on this list and if Souri wants to improve the links section they can go there :)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 29/04/05 - 5:44 AM Permalink

Why don't you put them there, I filled about 80% of the list there already when it was first started.

It would make sense since you're the "moderator" of the "programmer" forum :-P

Submitted by souri on Fri, 29/04/05 - 6:06 AM Permalink

Coincidently, I've been working on fixing the section pages, and those essential links will be more prominent and hopefully will be of more use once it's done. It's a bit hidden at the moment, I've been meaning to fix things up for quite a while now.

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 29/04/05 - 8:35 PM Permalink

The coder section doesn't work with Konqueror 3.4.0 btw, it just displays a blank page. Works fine in Firefox.

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 30/04/05 - 12:30 AM Permalink

thats cause Firefox is t3h roxorz!!

Submitted by souri on Sat, 30/04/05 - 1:36 AM Permalink

I only test with Firefox and IE6, and maybe sometimes with Opera, but only if I'm asking for a headache. I don't know if I can save my sanity trying to support another browser [:X]

It's not that my css code is that sloppy (well, I don't think it is), but it's hard to make it compatible with all the browsers out there which interpret css differently from each other. Firefox seems to have the least problems though.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 30/04/05 - 2:52 AM Permalink

Let's not talk about CSS with MSIE6, shall we. Thanks. [:D]
I'm guessing the reason why the page was blank for you before was that the old style sheet was still stuck in your browsers cache, so nothing was being seen until the new style sheet explaining where things go kicked in. If there's one thing I've learnt about css's is that they can be stubborn getting out of the cache or refreshed. If you want to upload a screenshot of what's happening in the sumea website related section, I'd appreciate it!

Ahh, ok , I see you've attached it. It's the same problem with the opera browser. It's not recognising the code for transparent background with iframes. The three listings in the page (thumbnails, memberslisting, and the list on the left) shouldn't be having white backgrounds..

Anyway, back to Redwyre's thread of progammer links - please do post your links here. I will add them to the essential links in the programmers section as well.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 03/05/05 - 7:46 AM Permalink

9 posts, and none of them with links :(

Submitted by sub on Sat, 23/07/05 - 9:40 AM Permalink

hi..

i have been using this tool called GAME MAKER v6.1 and i love it :)

it is mainly a 2D tool, but it can do 3D stuff.. and a good user can make almost ANYTHING with it? (people have made MMORPG's, chat tools, audio players etc)

the best part is that is has drag and drop interface for beginners to make stuff with (very, very simple and a huge active web community) along with its own code / scripting areas for advanced users.. check out the site for more info..
it is a fre download, but a registered version will unlock advanced features.. (but the free version is 99% of the thing anyway!)

http://www.gamemaker.nl/

Posted by redwyre on
Forum

Game creation tools

Game Programming links

General Programming links

Advanced Programming links

Game Programming links

Windows CE, Pockect PC and Mobile

Unsorted:
http://icculus.org/

If you think something should be added to this list, post in this thread. I will delete the post when I add the links to keep it clean.

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 28/04/05 - 8:16 PM Permalink

Don't we already have something like this in the coder section of Sumea?

Why not add the links there instead, or haven't you found that feature yet?

Submitted by redwyre on Fri, 29/04/05 - 1:16 AM Permalink

To be honest, I had totally forgotten about them, and it took me 10 minutes to find them (for those of you playing at home, "essential links" to the right in the coder section). I don't think they've been touched since they were added how many years ago...

So I'll work on this list and if Souri wants to improve the links section they can go there :)

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 29/04/05 - 5:44 AM Permalink

Why don't you put them there, I filled about 80% of the list there already when it was first started.

It would make sense since you're the "moderator" of the "programmer" forum :-P

Submitted by souri on Fri, 29/04/05 - 6:06 AM Permalink

Coincidently, I've been working on fixing the section pages, and those essential links will be more prominent and hopefully will be of more use once it's done. It's a bit hidden at the moment, I've been meaning to fix things up for quite a while now.

Submitted by lorien on Fri, 29/04/05 - 8:35 PM Permalink

The coder section doesn't work with Konqueror 3.4.0 btw, it just displays a blank page. Works fine in Firefox.

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 30/04/05 - 12:30 AM Permalink

thats cause Firefox is t3h roxorz!!

Submitted by souri on Sat, 30/04/05 - 1:36 AM Permalink

I only test with Firefox and IE6, and maybe sometimes with Opera, but only if I'm asking for a headache. I don't know if I can save my sanity trying to support another browser [:X]

It's not that my css code is that sloppy (well, I don't think it is), but it's hard to make it compatible with all the browsers out there which interpret css differently from each other. Firefox seems to have the least problems though.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 30/04/05 - 2:52 AM Permalink

Let's not talk about CSS with MSIE6, shall we. Thanks. [:D]
I'm guessing the reason why the page was blank for you before was that the old style sheet was still stuck in your browsers cache, so nothing was being seen until the new style sheet explaining where things go kicked in. If there's one thing I've learnt about css's is that they can be stubborn getting out of the cache or refreshed. If you want to upload a screenshot of what's happening in the sumea website related section, I'd appreciate it!

Ahh, ok , I see you've attached it. It's the same problem with the opera browser. It's not recognising the code for transparent background with iframes. The three listings in the page (thumbnails, memberslisting, and the list on the left) shouldn't be having white backgrounds..

Anyway, back to Redwyre's thread of progammer links - please do post your links here. I will add them to the essential links in the programmers section as well.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 03/05/05 - 7:46 AM Permalink

9 posts, and none of them with links :(

Submitted by sub on Sat, 23/07/05 - 9:40 AM Permalink

hi..

i have been using this tool called GAME MAKER v6.1 and i love it :)

it is mainly a 2D tool, but it can do 3D stuff.. and a good user can make almost ANYTHING with it? (people have made MMORPG's, chat tools, audio players etc)

the best part is that is has drag and drop interface for beginners to make stuff with (very, very simple and a huge active web community) along with its own code / scripting areas for advanced users.. check out the site for more info..
it is a fre download, but a registered version will unlock advanced features.. (but the free version is 99% of the thing anyway!)

http://www.gamemaker.nl/