Skip to main content

Low Poly 500 tri's

Submitted by tedledz on

Hey everyone i just finished my low poly model, it was lots of fun i cant wait to start the next one. Feel free to reply, i mainly posted it up here just so you all can see what im doing.

500 tri's
1 x 512 texture
software: maya, photoshop

Laters

Thomas

P.s Its gonna be fun to animate, i love realtime game art yay!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 28/11/06 - 7:50 AM Permalink

First, is that an Atomic logo on his shirt? @:-)

Any chance we could see the wireframe? I'm not sure what area you're specifically aiming for (or perhaps you're just tackling the whole kit 'n' kaboodle) but the texture could benefit from some additional shading. Just some more diverse tones over the skin could make it stand out a little better. The colouring is just a little flat, and could be easily fixed with some darker darks. Seeing you're restricting yourself polygon wise, you want to make the most of your texture.

Keep it up @:-)

Submitted by tedledz on Tue, 28/11/06 - 9:53 AM Permalink

Hey Brain,
The logo on his shirt was not meant to be anything, i actually screwed up the unwrap by only unwrapping half the shirt, causing whatever i did one side to duplicate on the other, so i ended up doing that simple logo.

The reason for modeling this guy was simply for fun, its not my best work, but that doesn?t matter to me because it was just for fun. I also love the challenge of really low poly and trying to push it as far as possible to still try and portray the overall shape and color of the character etc.

Thanks for the advice, in my next post ill try to demonstrate some more intense texture work, in a low poly range of 500-1000 tri?s.

all the best.

Posted by tedledz on

Hey everyone i just finished my low poly model, it was lots of fun i cant wait to start the next one. Feel free to reply, i mainly posted it up here just so you all can see what im doing.

500 tri's
1 x 512 texture
software: maya, photoshop

Laters

Thomas

P.s Its gonna be fun to animate, i love realtime game art yay!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Brain on Tue, 28/11/06 - 7:50 AM Permalink

First, is that an Atomic logo on his shirt? @:-)

Any chance we could see the wireframe? I'm not sure what area you're specifically aiming for (or perhaps you're just tackling the whole kit 'n' kaboodle) but the texture could benefit from some additional shading. Just some more diverse tones over the skin could make it stand out a little better. The colouring is just a little flat, and could be easily fixed with some darker darks. Seeing you're restricting yourself polygon wise, you want to make the most of your texture.

Keep it up @:-)

Submitted by tedledz on Tue, 28/11/06 - 9:53 AM Permalink

Hey Brain,
The logo on his shirt was not meant to be anything, i actually screwed up the unwrap by only unwrapping half the shirt, causing whatever i did one side to duplicate on the other, so i ended up doing that simple logo.

The reason for modeling this guy was simply for fun, its not my best work, but that doesn?t matter to me because it was just for fun. I also love the challenge of really low poly and trying to push it as far as possible to still try and portray the overall shape and color of the character etc.

Thanks for the advice, in my next post ill try to demonstrate some more intense texture work, in a low poly range of 500-1000 tri?s.

all the best.