Skip to main content

Free web page

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

Does anyone know a free web page host. I want to make a web page but i can't really find any good places to put my site up. I would most likely be using frontpage or one of the macromedia programs. I've tried tripod but it has way to many pop ups. Does anyone have any idea.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:34 AM Permalink

google is your friend man ;) - i tried this once before and got literally hundreds of free web hosting sites,.. alot of them were shit i admit, but there were the odd good ones that let you upload all kinda files and had pretty decent space limitations too.

that was a while ago now tho 6 months or so... give it a shot anyways.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:06 AM Permalink

hey cody can you use frontpage for it, if not what do you use.

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Also check out www.doteasy.com cheap domain registration, no banners, no pop-ups, reliable mail server (most of the time). I use it for my site.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

I want free, i am only 16 and don't really want to pay anything at all.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:47 AM Permalink

but none of the free ones let you use frontpage

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:49 AM Permalink

i guess i'll just stick with tripod

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:50 AM Permalink

dont use frontpage. doesnt it fill your html with a heap of useless code anyway?

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

like i said- im with 3dluvr. its free, unlimited space etc .and my site is listed in the artist community.
no ads.
worry free.

try for that.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

yeah but i don't have elite art to display like you it's just ocasional low poly stuff.
heres the link: shreik1.tripod.com
just copy and paste it in the address bar. to see it. It is a WIP

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 27/03/04 - 7:56 AM Permalink

inglis you wouldnt beleive the amount of useless code the frontpage puts in, i made something with frames once, a simple menu down the left hand side, managed to like fill the screen with code just to initiate the frames, a hell of a lot of 0 values and such.

php via dreamweaver seems to be the more preffered option

as far as hosting goes, the free ones are all built on pre-made templates and such and a lot (like goecities and homestead) have their own programs with which to build the site that are very limited, as is the space youll have.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

tripod's ok, you can use frontpage and you get 20 mb, which is plenty for me.

Submitted by codyalday on Sun, 28/03/04 - 12:49 AM Permalink

Bullet, you can use front page with it, all I do is just open front page, and do the site, than copy the HTML code into the website edit for your web pages.

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 10:03 PM Permalink

Im (Well i think/hope) the co-webmaster of http://www.Game-Point.net (New site design coming soon via Me [:p]). My online friend owns the site, the only trouble is he has a limit of five sub-domains [:(]... i suppose i could try and get you a personal folder website thing like http://www.game-point.net/bullet/ [:p].

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 29/03/04 - 5:20 AM Permalink

my website is comin along guys go have a look. I don't know if it is slow or not. cos i have cable. I haven't done the gallery yet, it's all i need to do. Nearly finished.
[url]shreik1.tripod.com[/url]

if it doesn't work just copy and past shreik1.tripod.com into the address bar, no www or it won't work.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

Does anyone know a free web page host. I want to make a web page but i can't really find any good places to put my site up. I would most likely be using frontpage or one of the macromedia programs. I've tried tripod but it has way to many pop ups. Does anyone have any idea.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:34 AM Permalink

google is your friend man ;) - i tried this once before and got literally hundreds of free web hosting sites,.. alot of them were shit i admit, but there were the odd good ones that let you upload all kinda files and had pretty decent space limitations too.

that was a while ago now tho 6 months or so... give it a shot anyways.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:06 AM Permalink

hey cody can you use frontpage for it, if not what do you use.

Submitted by Red 5 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

Also check out www.doteasy.com cheap domain registration, no banners, no pop-ups, reliable mail server (most of the time). I use it for my site.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

I want free, i am only 16 and don't really want to pay anything at all.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:47 AM Permalink

but none of the free ones let you use frontpage

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:49 AM Permalink

i guess i'll just stick with tripod

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:50 AM Permalink

dont use frontpage. doesnt it fill your html with a heap of useless code anyway?

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:51 AM Permalink

like i said- im with 3dluvr. its free, unlimited space etc .and my site is listed in the artist community.
no ads.
worry free.

try for that.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:12 AM Permalink

yeah but i don't have elite art to display like you it's just ocasional low poly stuff.
heres the link: shreik1.tripod.com
just copy and paste it in the address bar. to see it. It is a WIP

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 27/03/04 - 7:56 AM Permalink

inglis you wouldnt beleive the amount of useless code the frontpage puts in, i made something with frames once, a simple menu down the left hand side, managed to like fill the screen with code just to initiate the frames, a hell of a lot of 0 values and such.

php via dreamweaver seems to be the more preffered option

as far as hosting goes, the free ones are all built on pre-made templates and such and a lot (like goecities and homestead) have their own programs with which to build the site that are very limited, as is the space youll have.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:03 AM Permalink

tripod's ok, you can use frontpage and you get 20 mb, which is plenty for me.

Submitted by codyalday on Sun, 28/03/04 - 12:49 AM Permalink

Bullet, you can use front page with it, all I do is just open front page, and do the site, than copy the HTML code into the website edit for your web pages.

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 10:03 PM Permalink

Im (Well i think/hope) the co-webmaster of http://www.Game-Point.net (New site design coming soon via Me [:p]). My online friend owns the site, the only trouble is he has a limit of five sub-domains [:(]... i suppose i could try and get you a personal folder website thing like http://www.game-point.net/bullet/ [:p].

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 29/03/04 - 5:20 AM Permalink

my website is comin along guys go have a look. I don't know if it is slow or not. cos i have cable. I haven't done the gallery yet, it's all i need to do. Nearly finished.
[url]shreik1.tripod.com[/url]

if it doesn't work just copy and past shreik1.tripod.com into the address bar, no www or it won't work.