Skip to main content

Half Life 2 delayed

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Did anyone else [url="http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=28497"]see this coming[/url]? [;)]

quote:The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.
Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 25/09/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

totally expected that LOL

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 25/09/03 - 8:38 AM Permalink

good, will give me time to save up for a nice video card so i can run the thing

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 26/09/03 - 9:20 AM Permalink

That's incredible, they've been working on that game for at least 4 years...and they still couldn't predict when it would be released or finish it on time.
*sigh*

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 26/09/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

I hear reports that valve actually are on the september 30 deadline, but the publisher is pushing it back to christmas in the hope of more sales...
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 26/09/03 - 6:16 PM Permalink

I just assumed it had something to do with them trying to offer HL2 as a downloadable package through steam... which has been having its share of problems, it seems.

I would be surprised if the _game_ is not yet finished.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 26/09/03 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Maitrek: Rule one in the game industry: Its out when its out.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 27/09/03 - 4:02 AM Permalink

I thought the media blockout regarding HL2 by Valve for those 4 or so years was pure genius. They should have kept at it until the release date. [:)] After 4 years of development, they'd probably have a pretty good judgement on how long the game had left in development. I'm guessing that the delay is perhaps Steam related. Of course, that does beg the question why they just can't release the box copy anwyay. Nevertheless, I'm pretty good at waiting. [:)]

Posted by souri on
Forum

Did anyone else [url="http://www.shacknews.com/ja.zz?comments=28497"]see this coming[/url]? [;)]

quote:The previously announced September 30th release date for Half-Life 2 is being pushed back. We are currently targeting a holiday release, but do not have a specific "in-store" date to share at this time. We will release that information as soon as we have confirmed a new date.

Submitted by Ninja on Thu, 25/09/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

totally expected that LOL

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 25/09/03 - 8:38 AM Permalink

good, will give me time to save up for a nice video card so i can run the thing

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 26/09/03 - 9:20 AM Permalink

That's incredible, they've been working on that game for at least 4 years...and they still couldn't predict when it would be released or finish it on time.
*sigh*

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 26/09/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

I hear reports that valve actually are on the september 30 deadline, but the publisher is pushing it back to christmas in the hope of more sales...
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by smeg on Fri, 26/09/03 - 6:16 PM Permalink

I just assumed it had something to do with them trying to offer HL2 as a downloadable package through steam... which has been having its share of problems, it seems.

I would be surprised if the _game_ is not yet finished.

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 26/09/03 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Maitrek: Rule one in the game industry: Its out when its out.

Submitted by souri on Sat, 27/09/03 - 4:02 AM Permalink

I thought the media blockout regarding HL2 by Valve for those 4 or so years was pure genius. They should have kept at it until the release date. [:)] After 4 years of development, they'd probably have a pretty good judgement on how long the game had left in development. I'm guessing that the delay is perhaps Steam related. Of course, that does beg the question why they just can't release the box copy anwyay. Nevertheless, I'm pretty good at waiting. [:)]