Skip to main content

E3 Invitation

Submitted by Rustam on
Forum

Does anyone know the best way to get an invitation for E3 this year? I'm going to be in LA when E3's on, and really want to check it out and meet up with other game devs. (Wish I'd been visiting the US when the GDC was on, heard it was awesome this year...)

I mailed Dan Hewitt at the ESA and he told me to ask a "participating publisher" for an invite, so I've been sending out a few emails, no luck thus far though. Anyone know what I can do?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 26/05/08 - 4:56 PM Permalink

Probably not worth it if they're making it hard for us plebs to get in. From what I hear a few of the major devs are pulling out - Activision, Id, etc. and it's more likely to be suits selling games than devs talking dev stuff.

Submitted by Rustam on Wed, 28/05/08 - 12:05 AM Permalink

Thanks for the reply. I've heard that as well - I wish I'd been visiting when GDC was on, but I was hoping that, even though the new E3 kinda sucks, it'd still be worth being at as a member of the games industry. I don't know... maybe E3 isn't meant for developers - just for the gaming press and PR departments to commingle and spew forth propaganda.

Gah... If anyone has any more news or ideas, please let me know.

--
"Uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be seen. More questions!"
-Mentat Zensufi

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)

Posted by Rustam on
Forum

Does anyone know the best way to get an invitation for E3 this year? I'm going to be in LA when E3's on, and really want to check it out and meet up with other game devs. (Wish I'd been visiting the US when the GDC was on, heard it was awesome this year...)

I mailed Dan Hewitt at the ESA and he told me to ask a "participating publisher" for an invite, so I've been sending out a few emails, no luck thus far though. Anyone know what I can do?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 26/05/08 - 4:56 PM Permalink

Probably not worth it if they're making it hard for us plebs to get in. From what I hear a few of the major devs are pulling out - Activision, Id, etc. and it's more likely to be suits selling games than devs talking dev stuff.

Submitted by Rustam on Wed, 28/05/08 - 12:05 AM Permalink

Thanks for the reply. I've heard that as well - I wish I'd been visiting when GDC was on, but I was hoping that, even though the new E3 kinda sucks, it'd still be worth being at as a member of the games industry. I don't know... maybe E3 isn't meant for developers - just for the gaming press and PR departments to commingle and spew forth propaganda.

Gah... If anyone has any more news or ideas, please let me know.

--
"Uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be seen. More questions!"
-Mentat Zensufi

In reply to by Anonymous (not verified)