Skip to main content

Some interesting pics on Xbox 360 and dev machine

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

[url="http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8112/Xbox-360-Exposed/"]Xbox 360[/url] [url="http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/xbox360//1/unit/xbox360.jpg"]pics[/url] - which looks like the real deal

[url="http://www.xboxlive.fr/news_affiche_2150.html"]Xbox 360 development machine[/url] - Microsoft selling Macs [;)]

Magazine cover with a pic of [url="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/magazines/duke-nukem-first-look-game-in-20…"] Prey[/url] (using the Doom 3 engine), and some news on the appearance of Duke Nukem Forever [:0]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 24/04/05 - 2:06 AM Permalink

oooooh shiny ;)
a removable hard drive? thats what i like to see! :D dont want them to ditch the HD
as for duke nukem forever... even if it does ever come out i dont think it will exactly have been worth the wait

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Firstly, looks like we've moved from black, through silver to white as the 'cool' home entertainment meme for the moment. Ho hum. Where's my black, rack profile version I ask? Plain black, aluminium/steel chassis and fits in with my amp and DVD player - that's what I want!

Secondly, a tech demo of a game (ie: Duke Nukem Forever) is not a complete game. I have doubts they're actually committed to ever finish it. I predit we'll see Halloween Harry Forever before Duke I bet! [;)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:34 AM Permalink

i read somewhere that the xbox360 was going to be revieled shortly before e3, though only a couple of days before.

duke nukem at e3 in 2006! wow, so soon! seriously, who cares anymore?

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:39 AM Permalink

I'm not so sure I believe this.. it has 2 memory card slots on the front, where I'm sure they will support 4 controllers, so it doesn't make sense. Having the memory cards in the controllers has worked quite well for them so far, so I don't see any need to change.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 24/04/05 - 4:45 AM Permalink

No controller ports as it's speculated that the controllers will be wireless.

Submitted by hyperswivel on Sun, 24/04/05 - 6:47 AM Permalink

Looks a lot like a small PC to me. I thought the whole point of having an X-box was having a console that was so big that if you wanted to, you could throw at a person and kill them instantly.
Any idea on a price point? Will Bill Gates be trialing the option of simply trading your soul for one rather than paying currency?

Submitted by Tall Nick on Sun, 24/04/05 - 6:52 AM Permalink

Yes they are going to revile the Xbox 360 on MTV, world over before E3 as a way to connect to generation X, there is a preview on Australian MTV. I'm sorry I don't remember the date but google it to find out.
I can't see the preview being any more interesting than the E3 presentation: "Here's the Xbox360 and here's the specs, we do have games lined up for it but we don't have any content to show you. Instead we'll make you cream your pants at the amount of RAM it has. Did I mention the PS3 is the spawn of Satin? That?s why our's is white ...... now"

Sorry I sort of trailed off there but that?s how I imagine the MTV show will be.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sun, 24/04/05 - 8:11 AM Permalink

Some great inadvertent typos there nick:

"going to revile the Xbox 360 on MTV"

Sony will revile it, I think microsoft will quite like it [:)]

"PS3 is the spawn of Satin"...

So you're predicting a sheer off-the-shoulder design?

Submitted by hyperswivel on Sun, 24/04/05 - 11:54 PM Permalink

mcdrewski - little do people know that Nick and I do a comic strip in the local newspapers, and these interesting typos are a frequent problem. My inspired jokes are often destroyed by this pencil donkey's inability to spell anything but his own name. I think the MTV presentation is far more likely to feature celebrities telling us that Xbox is "the bomb" and that they will be "pimpin' their ride" and "their crib" with an Xbox because it is the "shizzle, my nizzle". I don't think that MTV viewers, who are generally "rad" and "extreme" are going to give two hoots about how much RAM it has. Their main concern is how many Tony Hawk games they can play on it.

Submitted by Tall Nick on Mon, 25/04/05 - 1:10 AM Permalink

meh, you all knew what i was on about.

Submitted by Azazel on Fri, 29/04/05 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I get the feeling that that pic's been put together from seperate front, side and maybe top view. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that's not actually the top of the box.

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 29/04/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

Hehe, it's not Tall_Nick's fault that hes illegitimate. [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by AntsZ on Sun, 01/05/05 - 4:54 AM Permalink

i heard its gonna be shown on MTV around the 12th of May, "world exclusive" apprently

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/05/05 - 12:48 AM Permalink

Specs for the Xbox 360 [:0]

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4844

The Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500 MNz
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- unified shader architecture

Memory
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

Posted by souri on
Forum

[url="http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8112/Xbox-360-Exposed/"]Xbox 360[/url] [url="http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/xbox360//1/unit/xbox360.jpg"]pics[/url] - which looks like the real deal

[url="http://www.xboxlive.fr/news_affiche_2150.html"]Xbox 360 development machine[/url] - Microsoft selling Macs [;)]

Magazine cover with a pic of [url="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/magazines/duke-nukem-first-look-game-in-20…"] Prey[/url] (using the Doom 3 engine), and some news on the appearance of Duke Nukem Forever [:0]

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 24/04/05 - 2:06 AM Permalink

oooooh shiny ;)
a removable hard drive? thats what i like to see! :D dont want them to ditch the HD
as for duke nukem forever... even if it does ever come out i dont think it will exactly have been worth the wait

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Firstly, looks like we've moved from black, through silver to white as the 'cool' home entertainment meme for the moment. Ho hum. Where's my black, rack profile version I ask? Plain black, aluminium/steel chassis and fits in with my amp and DVD player - that's what I want!

Secondly, a tech demo of a game (ie: Duke Nukem Forever) is not a complete game. I have doubts they're actually committed to ever finish it. I predit we'll see Halloween Harry Forever before Duke I bet! [;)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:34 AM Permalink

i read somewhere that the xbox360 was going to be revieled shortly before e3, though only a couple of days before.

duke nukem at e3 in 2006! wow, so soon! seriously, who cares anymore?

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 24/04/05 - 3:39 AM Permalink

I'm not so sure I believe this.. it has 2 memory card slots on the front, where I'm sure they will support 4 controllers, so it doesn't make sense. Having the memory cards in the controllers has worked quite well for them so far, so I don't see any need to change.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 24/04/05 - 4:45 AM Permalink

No controller ports as it's speculated that the controllers will be wireless.

Submitted by hyperswivel on Sun, 24/04/05 - 6:47 AM Permalink

Looks a lot like a small PC to me. I thought the whole point of having an X-box was having a console that was so big that if you wanted to, you could throw at a person and kill them instantly.
Any idea on a price point? Will Bill Gates be trialing the option of simply trading your soul for one rather than paying currency?

Submitted by Tall Nick on Sun, 24/04/05 - 6:52 AM Permalink

Yes they are going to revile the Xbox 360 on MTV, world over before E3 as a way to connect to generation X, there is a preview on Australian MTV. I'm sorry I don't remember the date but google it to find out.
I can't see the preview being any more interesting than the E3 presentation: "Here's the Xbox360 and here's the specs, we do have games lined up for it but we don't have any content to show you. Instead we'll make you cream your pants at the amount of RAM it has. Did I mention the PS3 is the spawn of Satin? That?s why our's is white ...... now"

Sorry I sort of trailed off there but that?s how I imagine the MTV show will be.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sun, 24/04/05 - 8:11 AM Permalink

Some great inadvertent typos there nick:

"going to revile the Xbox 360 on MTV"

Sony will revile it, I think microsoft will quite like it [:)]

"PS3 is the spawn of Satin"...

So you're predicting a sheer off-the-shoulder design?

Submitted by hyperswivel on Sun, 24/04/05 - 11:54 PM Permalink

mcdrewski - little do people know that Nick and I do a comic strip in the local newspapers, and these interesting typos are a frequent problem. My inspired jokes are often destroyed by this pencil donkey's inability to spell anything but his own name. I think the MTV presentation is far more likely to feature celebrities telling us that Xbox is "the bomb" and that they will be "pimpin' their ride" and "their crib" with an Xbox because it is the "shizzle, my nizzle". I don't think that MTV viewers, who are generally "rad" and "extreme" are going to give two hoots about how much RAM it has. Their main concern is how many Tony Hawk games they can play on it.

Submitted by Tall Nick on Mon, 25/04/05 - 1:10 AM Permalink

meh, you all knew what i was on about.

Submitted by Azazel on Fri, 29/04/05 - 1:57 AM Permalink

I get the feeling that that pic's been put together from seperate front, side and maybe top view. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that's not actually the top of the box.

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 29/04/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

Hehe, it's not Tall_Nick's fault that hes illegitimate. [:P]

Scott.

Submitted by AntsZ on Sun, 01/05/05 - 4:54 AM Permalink

i heard its gonna be shown on MTV around the 12th of May, "world exclusive" apprently

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/05/05 - 12:48 AM Permalink

Specs for the Xbox 360 [:0]

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4844

The Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance