Skip to main content

free web servers

Submitted by beatsta on
Forum

Hi ppls [:)]

Could anyone please recommend some good free web servers ( hopefully without too many popups and adds ) and other then geocities.
it would be fantastic....

keep on doin, what you been doin!
And one day, you will be free!

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 24/01/03 - 10:14 AM Permalink

I wouldv'e recommended prohosting last week, but just this week they sent me an invoice for US$9.95 for my "free" website...you know where they can stick that.
www.crosswinds.net was ok last time i looked, fairly basic though, no cgi or anything but if you just want a simple webpage to show off your art or whatever it should do the trick.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 24/01/03 - 11:31 AM Permalink

$9.95 for a free website, hrm, that must be some good website!

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 24/01/03 - 12:08 PM Permalink

if your page is for 3d why dont you check out 3dluvr.com ? they have free hosting for 3d related sites. you just need to make the site, stick it up somewhere for them to check out and then if good enough (the content mostly..basic site is enough) your in.

lachlan inglis
Showreel WIP: http://effectism.com/sample/

Submitted by beatsta on Fri, 31/01/03 - 10:42 AM Permalink

thanks for the links every1

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 31/01/03 - 2:27 PM Permalink

www.web1000.com has 50mb space and no popups, and you can choose to belong to some strange domains (scott.sexheroes.com!!!)

It can be a tad unreliable (some people I give a link to can't find the page) so don't put your portfolio on it, but maybe as a space for screenies for forums etc it could be cool.

Submitted by GooberMan on Tue, 04/02/03 - 12:52 AM Permalink

web1000 only very rarely let me download files larger than 256kb from their servers

Ethan Watson, teh brand spankin' new Krome employee.

Submitted by beatsta on Tue, 04/02/03 - 2:14 PM Permalink

I made jaruu tenk to try and get a job at krome, maye i should post it in the exabition area? its pretty damn good... i will do it anyway and if i need to put the relevant copywrite info to it i can be notified by email or on the forum.. or whatever.. Im really tired coz i just finished work at a really really lame job...........

Posted by beatsta on
Forum

Hi ppls [:)]

Could anyone please recommend some good free web servers ( hopefully without too many popups and adds ) and other then geocities.
it would be fantastic....

keep on doin, what you been doin!
And one day, you will be free!

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 24/01/03 - 10:14 AM Permalink

I wouldv'e recommended prohosting last week, but just this week they sent me an invoice for US$9.95 for my "free" website...you know where they can stick that.
www.crosswinds.net was ok last time i looked, fairly basic though, no cgi or anything but if you just want a simple webpage to show off your art or whatever it should do the trick.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 24/01/03 - 11:31 AM Permalink

$9.95 for a free website, hrm, that must be some good website!

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 24/01/03 - 12:08 PM Permalink

if your page is for 3d why dont you check out 3dluvr.com ? they have free hosting for 3d related sites. you just need to make the site, stick it up somewhere for them to check out and then if good enough (the content mostly..basic site is enough) your in.

lachlan inglis
Showreel WIP: http://effectism.com/sample/

Submitted by beatsta on Fri, 31/01/03 - 10:42 AM Permalink

thanks for the links every1

Submitted by rezn0r on Fri, 31/01/03 - 2:27 PM Permalink

www.web1000.com has 50mb space and no popups, and you can choose to belong to some strange domains (scott.sexheroes.com!!!)

It can be a tad unreliable (some people I give a link to can't find the page) so don't put your portfolio on it, but maybe as a space for screenies for forums etc it could be cool.

Submitted by GooberMan on Tue, 04/02/03 - 12:52 AM Permalink

web1000 only very rarely let me download files larger than 256kb from their servers

Ethan Watson, teh brand spankin' new Krome employee.

Submitted by beatsta on Tue, 04/02/03 - 2:14 PM Permalink

I made jaruu tenk to try and get a job at krome, maye i should post it in the exabition area? its pretty damn good... i will do it anyway and if i need to put the relevant copywrite info to it i can be notified by email or on the forum.. or whatever.. Im really tired coz i just finished work at a really really lame job...........