Skip to main content

bio-shock demo!

Submitted by Killa Dee on
Forum

just played the PC version of the bio-shock demo, and it was sick! check out my glowing hand. Has anyone else played the demo?

fileplanet demo

just found this when i was poking around, however i could not find the editor .exe

Killa Dee2007-08-23 05:43:01

Submitted by ScottS on Thu, 23/08/07 - 5:30 PM Permalink

If I wasn't on Dial-up I would have downloaded it. I'll have to wait for a magazine to get it on the cover disc. Even then I'm not sure my computer will run it.
How well does it perform on your system? Have you ever played System Shock2? I want to know how it compares to that since bio-shock is considered the spritiual sccessor to the system shock series.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/08/07 - 12:44 PM Permalink

I haven't had to time to download the demo yet, but I've been watching all the commotion surrounding the release of BioShock and have been finding it a but amusing. It seems to have gotten way out of hand with people getting way too angry. They really need to settle down...

I have been watching a lot of footage on youTube though, and while it's impossible to really appreciate the game that way, what I've seen has been pretty cool.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Fri, 24/08/07 - 12:55 PM Permalink

Weird, I just got my copy no problems here. This link to the demo should be faster than the fileplanet one i posted unless your a subscriber. i was getting about 800kbs per sec from this link -->http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_bioshock_downloads.html

[QUOTE=ScottS]How well does it perform on your system? Have you ever played System Shock2?

[/QUOTE]

it runs good, my computer is not that flash - amd 3.2, 1.5 gig of ram and a 7600gs. I have watched ss2 u-tube walk through, but I haven't played it. There are similarity's, I don't really want to post any spoilers so i'll shut up.        Killa Dee2007-08-24 05:59:56

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/08/07 - 8:30 PM Permalink

This thread is missing an important ingredient.

Now it isn't!

Submitted by shika on Sat, 25/08/07 - 8:43 PM Permalink

seriously considering getting a 360 for this...

and Mass Effect

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 26/08/07 - 8:32 AM Permalink

Gold, souri.

I'm waiting for a new video card before I can play :/

Submitted by Killa Dee on Sun, 26/08/07 - 12:04 PM Permalink

i have seen that big daddy before! hahaha

Posted by Killa Dee on
Forum

just played the PC version of the bio-shock demo, and it was sick! check out my glowing hand. Has anyone else played the demo?

fileplanet demo

just found this when i was poking around, however i could not find the editor .exe

Killa Dee2007-08-23 05:43:01

Submitted by ScottS on Thu, 23/08/07 - 5:30 PM Permalink

If I wasn't on Dial-up I would have downloaded it. I'll have to wait for a magazine to get it on the cover disc. Even then I'm not sure my computer will run it.
How well does it perform on your system? Have you ever played System Shock2? I want to know how it compares to that since bio-shock is considered the spritiual sccessor to the system shock series.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/08/07 - 12:44 PM Permalink

I haven't had to time to download the demo yet, but I've been watching all the commotion surrounding the release of BioShock and have been finding it a but amusing. It seems to have gotten way out of hand with people getting way too angry. They really need to settle down...

I have been watching a lot of footage on youTube though, and while it's impossible to really appreciate the game that way, what I've seen has been pretty cool.

Submitted by Killa Dee on Fri, 24/08/07 - 12:55 PM Permalink

Weird, I just got my copy no problems here. This link to the demo should be faster than the fileplanet one i posted unless your a subscriber. i was getting about 800kbs per sec from this link -->http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_bioshock_downloads.html

[QUOTE=ScottS]How well does it perform on your system? Have you ever played System Shock2?

[/QUOTE]

it runs good, my computer is not that flash - amd 3.2, 1.5 gig of ram and a 7600gs. I have watched ss2 u-tube walk through, but I haven't played it. There are similarity's, I don't really want to post any spoilers so i'll shut up.        Killa Dee2007-08-24 05:59:56

Submitted by souri on Fri, 24/08/07 - 8:30 PM Permalink

This thread is missing an important ingredient.

Now it isn't!

Submitted by shika on Sat, 25/08/07 - 8:43 PM Permalink

seriously considering getting a 360 for this...

and Mass Effect

Submitted by redwyre on Sun, 26/08/07 - 8:32 AM Permalink

Gold, souri.

I'm waiting for a new video card before I can play :/

Submitted by Killa Dee on Sun, 26/08/07 - 12:04 PM Permalink

i have seen that big daddy before! hahaha