Skip to main content

Sumea Modeler Challenge #10 - ScottS

Submitted by ScottS on

Just marking my spot, I have a few ideas floating around but I'm leaning towards some sort of serial killer or a psychopath. Need to think about it more.

Submitted by ScottS on Tue, 29/07/08 - 5:17 PM Permalink

Nothing more to add really just that I'm going with some sort of maniac fetish/burlesque hooker that goes around murdering Johns, possibly with a meat cleaver or a machette. Dont know about calling card yet.

Will have a concept up either tonight or tomorrow.

Submitted by ScottS on Fri, 19/09/08 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Well finally I got a character going. Her name is "Nobody".
She's a sociopath assassin. She works for fun and profit for her own mysterious ends. Nobody is skilled in martial arts, acrobatics and is highly intelligent. She wields a talon shaped blade on a bone handle. Her costume is made of various scraps of leather stitched together. Her calling card is a little sculpture of a bird claw gripping a human skull.

I just traced over some woman this time and a bird skull, nothing particularly skillful, now I can get on with the modeling.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 11:53 AM Permalink

Cool idea Mr Scott the stitching will be allot of fun to normal map. The character mask reminds me of a American Indian mask.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 16/10/08 - 12:52 AM Permalink

Well I just uninstalled 3d coat to update to a newer version, little did I know that when installing the new version it deleted everything in the folder I was installing it to, that includes my work. Never had an app do that to me before, XSI, Photoshop, Silo all installed into the old folder without deleting anything. Now I have to start the sculpting and painting process all over again, luckily I at least have a mid range model to work from.

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 16/10/08 - 9:23 AM Permalink

Hideous! I'm surprised (shocked) the program didn't make a big note of that fact before the install. I hate redoing lost work, so I'm feeling for ya.

Posted by ScottS on

Just marking my spot, I have a few ideas floating around but I'm leaning towards some sort of serial killer or a psychopath. Need to think about it more.

Submitted by ScottS on Tue, 29/07/08 - 5:17 PM Permalink

Nothing more to add really just that I'm going with some sort of maniac fetish/burlesque hooker that goes around murdering Johns, possibly with a meat cleaver or a machette. Dont know about calling card yet.

Will have a concept up either tonight or tomorrow.

Submitted by ScottS on Fri, 19/09/08 - 1:46 AM Permalink

Well finally I got a character going. Her name is "Nobody".
She's a sociopath assassin. She works for fun and profit for her own mysterious ends. Nobody is skilled in martial arts, acrobatics and is highly intelligent. She wields a talon shaped blade on a bone handle. Her costume is made of various scraps of leather stitched together. Her calling card is a little sculpture of a bird claw gripping a human skull.

I just traced over some woman this time and a bird skull, nothing particularly skillful, now I can get on with the modeling.

Submitted by sebp on Fri, 19/09/08 - 11:53 AM Permalink

Cool idea Mr Scott the stitching will be allot of fun to normal map. The character mask reminds me of a American Indian mask.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 16/10/08 - 12:52 AM Permalink

Well I just uninstalled 3d coat to update to a newer version, little did I know that when installing the new version it deleted everything in the folder I was installing it to, that includes my work. Never had an app do that to me before, XSI, Photoshop, Silo all installed into the old folder without deleting anything. Now I have to start the sculpting and painting process all over again, luckily I at least have a mid range model to work from.

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 16/10/08 - 9:23 AM Permalink

Hideous! I'm surprised (shocked) the program didn't make a big note of that fact before the install. I hate redoing lost work, so I'm feeling for ya.