Skip to main content

Leaked Quake 4 art

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

No, I don't have them.. but id software [url="http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=1951"]seem pretty pissed off[/url]! I'd thought they would be used to having things leaked by now [;)]

quote:The company is also thought to have issued legal threats to at least one website which linked to the images.

..and that would be Spong.com, which you can see [url="http://spong.com/x?art=5264"]have pulled it offline[/url].. I think if there's something to be learnt from the Half-Life 2 leaked magazine screenshots on the net,is that once the cat is out of the bag, it's impossible to stop it..

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/07/03 - 1:10 AM Permalink

Yeah, but this time apparently it wasn't an inside job, some outside hackers got in and did the dirty deeds.

If it was to be any other company except ID that thread would not mean a single thing, but since it is then they have so much power, could you imagine being the editor of a game related magazine and not being able to show the new Doom3 shots, or have the doom3 demo on your demo disc - that would be a significant loss!

Well almost any other company, I think Valve might alsso be able to do such a thing, but I can't think of many more developers that could put out such a serious threat.

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 23/07/03 - 1:56 AM Permalink

Yeah, not a good thing to have happen.

I think Blizzard would also have the power to say something like that also.

Just a note (i think has alredy been pointed out) if you have the pics, maybe not a good idea to post them if you are thinking of it. Don't want Sumea shut down because of it, or something like that. Id wouldn't be to happy about it.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:06 AM Permalink

yup, they were already pulled off polycount, activision i think had the shits with them :)

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:06 AM Permalink

Although I doubt that Souri and Sumea is on the list of places to get new ID software art and stuff. Although it'd be nice if (we?) were!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Yeah, good call guys, keep them off here, thats just not cricket.

Also, remember Sumea's now kindly sponsored by Krome so I for one wouldn't want them to get the shits with me either, especially after they outlayed a wade of cash for us all to still have a place to gather.

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 23/07/03 - 8:11 AM Permalink

First Doom3, now Quake4, next thing we'll be seeing leaked content from Commander Keen 5!

Submitted by shiva on Wed, 23/07/03 - 8:39 AM Permalink

commander keen 5?
you got your time machine red? better go back over 12 years and leak those screenshots then...

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 24/07/03 - 12:37 AM Permalink

hmmm... was that Keen Dreams?

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 24/07/03 - 12:51 AM Permalink

Keen Dreams was Keen 7. Keen 4 is still the best.

Scott.

Submitted by GooberMan on Thu, 24/07/03 - 3:31 AM Permalink

Keen Dreams was Keen 3.5.... it was made in between Keen 3 and 4, but then again Keen 6 was made before Keen 5, so go figure. From a technological standpoint, I'm sticking by my Keen 3.5 claim.

Keen 5 was set on a space station that just happens to be a huge superweapon that can destroy the universe (or something like that).

Submitted by souri on Thu, 24/07/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

If my memory isn't too hazy, I think the original Quake source was leaked as well. I remember because the Amiga community was rushing to port it onto that platform. [:)]

And since I have made the mistake again by creating a topic guaranteed to draw google users searching for leaked stuff.. here it is people !!!!! The leaked Quake 4 screenshots! http://www.ravengames.com/quake4/leaked_screenshots.php

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 24/07/03 - 10:13 AM Permalink

omg!! leet!!

its good to see that they have a sense of humour about it anyways :)

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 24/07/03 - 11:43 AM Permalink

ahah great. they have taken it to a new level indeed.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 24/07/03 - 8:38 PM Permalink

Wow!! Halflife 2 look out, that gin bottle looks so real!?

Posted by souri on
Forum

No, I don't have them.. but id software [url="http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=new&aid=1951"]seem pretty pissed off[/url]! I'd thought they would be used to having things leaked by now [;)]

quote:The company is also thought to have issued legal threats to at least one website which linked to the images.

..and that would be Spong.com, which you can see [url="http://spong.com/x?art=5264"]have pulled it offline[/url].. I think if there's something to be learnt from the Half-Life 2 leaked magazine screenshots on the net,is that once the cat is out of the bag, it's impossible to stop it..

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/07/03 - 1:10 AM Permalink

Yeah, but this time apparently it wasn't an inside job, some outside hackers got in and did the dirty deeds.

If it was to be any other company except ID that thread would not mean a single thing, but since it is then they have so much power, could you imagine being the editor of a game related magazine and not being able to show the new Doom3 shots, or have the doom3 demo on your demo disc - that would be a significant loss!

Well almost any other company, I think Valve might alsso be able to do such a thing, but I can't think of many more developers that could put out such a serious threat.

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 23/07/03 - 1:56 AM Permalink

Yeah, not a good thing to have happen.

I think Blizzard would also have the power to say something like that also.

Just a note (i think has alredy been pointed out) if you have the pics, maybe not a good idea to post them if you are thinking of it. Don't want Sumea shut down because of it, or something like that. Id wouldn't be to happy about it.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:06 AM Permalink

yup, they were already pulled off polycount, activision i think had the shits with them :)

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:06 AM Permalink

Although I doubt that Souri and Sumea is on the list of places to get new ID software art and stuff. Although it'd be nice if (we?) were!

Submitted by Malus on Wed, 23/07/03 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Yeah, good call guys, keep them off here, thats just not cricket.

Also, remember Sumea's now kindly sponsored by Krome so I for one wouldn't want them to get the shits with me either, especially after they outlayed a wade of cash for us all to still have a place to gather.

Submitted by redwyre on Wed, 23/07/03 - 8:11 AM Permalink

First Doom3, now Quake4, next thing we'll be seeing leaked content from Commander Keen 5!

Submitted by shiva on Wed, 23/07/03 - 8:39 AM Permalink

commander keen 5?
you got your time machine red? better go back over 12 years and leak those screenshots then...

Submitted by redwyre on Thu, 24/07/03 - 12:37 AM Permalink

hmmm... was that Keen Dreams?

Submitted by rezn0r on Thu, 24/07/03 - 12:51 AM Permalink

Keen Dreams was Keen 7. Keen 4 is still the best.

Scott.

Submitted by GooberMan on Thu, 24/07/03 - 3:31 AM Permalink

Keen Dreams was Keen 3.5.... it was made in between Keen 3 and 4, but then again Keen 6 was made before Keen 5, so go figure. From a technological standpoint, I'm sticking by my Keen 3.5 claim.

Keen 5 was set on a space station that just happens to be a huge superweapon that can destroy the universe (or something like that).

Submitted by souri on Thu, 24/07/03 - 7:22 AM Permalink

If my memory isn't too hazy, I think the original Quake source was leaked as well. I remember because the Amiga community was rushing to port it onto that platform. [:)]

And since I have made the mistake again by creating a topic guaranteed to draw google users searching for leaked stuff.. here it is people !!!!! The leaked Quake 4 screenshots! http://www.ravengames.com/quake4/leaked_screenshots.php

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Thu, 24/07/03 - 10:13 AM Permalink

omg!! leet!!

its good to see that they have a sense of humour about it anyways :)

Submitted by inglis on Thu, 24/07/03 - 11:43 AM Permalink

ahah great. they have taken it to a new level indeed.

Submitted by Malus on Thu, 24/07/03 - 8:38 PM Permalink

Wow!! Halflife 2 look out, that gin bottle looks so real!?