Skip to main content

Battlefield 1942

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

Well, with my new MX440, i have gone crazy and bought a few games. I got battlefield 1942, and my PC exceeds the recommended specs with ease. But when i play i gat lots of lag even on the lowest setting. Do you guys know if its possible to play BF on OpenGL?

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 23/04/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

Have you tried both opengl and directx?
I have an mx440 and i get like 5-10fps in bf1942, although thats more due to my lack of RAM (and possibly cpu).
I assume by "lags" you mean framerate :)
Does it lag more offline (with bots) or online? BF1942 has settings to drop the amount of AI processing done, which might mean dumber bots, but at least you'll be able to shoot them...Also remember to turn down any graphics settings that may not run so well on the mx440 (environment mapping etc. maybe)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 23/04/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

would this be becase the GF4mx440 is just an old gf2mx chipset?

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 24/04/04 - 12:00 AM Permalink

It is, but bf1942 is also an old game. It should run fine on geforce 2's or GF4MX's (maybe not with full detail of course).
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 24/04/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

it ;ags when i play with, directx on the lowest settings. on singleplayer to. Im just asking how to play with opengl

Submitted by Maitrek on Sat, 24/04/04 - 12:05 PM Permalink

What CPU have you got in your PC?

Submitted by judstinator on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:30 PM Permalink

Hey BULLET21, By the sounds of it, you've upgraded your old system by adding a new Video card, yes? If your card is AGP8X and your motherboard only supports AGP4X, it will still work but you need to update your AGP or chipset drivers. I also had this problem. Games still work but have really crappy fps. I just updated my drivers and that did the trick.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 15/05/04 - 4:24 AM Permalink

My card is AGP4x as well. The problem was that my hard disk just needed a defragmnent

Submitted by judstinator on Wed, 19/05/04 - 5:40 AM Permalink

Ohh, so its all fixed now, thats cool! Its weird that all it needed was a defrag.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

Well, with my new MX440, i have gone crazy and bought a few games. I got battlefield 1942, and my PC exceeds the recommended specs with ease. But when i play i gat lots of lag even on the lowest setting. Do you guys know if its possible to play BF on OpenGL?

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 23/04/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

Have you tried both opengl and directx?
I have an mx440 and i get like 5-10fps in bf1942, although thats more due to my lack of RAM (and possibly cpu).
I assume by "lags" you mean framerate :)
Does it lag more offline (with bots) or online? BF1942 has settings to drop the amount of AI processing done, which might mean dumber bots, but at least you'll be able to shoot them...Also remember to turn down any graphics settings that may not run so well on the mx440 (environment mapping etc. maybe)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 23/04/04 - 9:35 AM Permalink

would this be becase the GF4mx440 is just an old gf2mx chipset?

Submitted by Blitz on Sat, 24/04/04 - 12:00 AM Permalink

It is, but bf1942 is also an old game. It should run fine on geforce 2's or GF4MX's (maybe not with full detail of course).
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 24/04/04 - 1:44 AM Permalink

it ;ags when i play with, directx on the lowest settings. on singleplayer to. Im just asking how to play with opengl

Submitted by Maitrek on Sat, 24/04/04 - 12:05 PM Permalink

What CPU have you got in your PC?

Submitted by judstinator on Fri, 14/05/04 - 9:30 PM Permalink

Hey BULLET21, By the sounds of it, you've upgraded your old system by adding a new Video card, yes? If your card is AGP8X and your motherboard only supports AGP4X, it will still work but you need to update your AGP or chipset drivers. I also had this problem. Games still work but have really crappy fps. I just updated my drivers and that did the trick.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 15/05/04 - 4:24 AM Permalink

My card is AGP4x as well. The problem was that my hard disk just needed a defragmnent

Submitted by judstinator on Wed, 19/05/04 - 5:40 AM Permalink

Ohh, so its all fixed now, thats cool! Its weird that all it needed was a defrag.