Skip to main content

48 Hour Challenge #1- Koden/Stoffle -Challenger #6

Submitted by Stoffle on

Title: Studio 48
Code: Koden and Stoffle
Art: Stoffle
Sound: Koden

Requires DirectX 9

[url]http://www.icecave.com.au/sumea48/Studio48.zip[/url] (740kb)
See readme.txt for keys and "story".

It is a little unstable due to decreasing caffeine levels and decreasing sleep levels. :/

If you want the source just email me: stoffle_work@hotmail.com

If you compare the game, the level file and the tileset texture you should be able to workout how to create your own levels.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 23/03/04 - 1:56 AM Permalink

The level format is *very* elegant, nicely done guys :) Good to see you got all your favourite things in there ;)

Submitted by alia on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

I have to agree with the level format thing.. NICE trick! (I shall steal it if thats ok!)

*cackles gleefully*

A.

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:28 AM Permalink

thanks guys, steal away :)
we've run it on a few more machines now and it certainly has its share of problems, but i think we shall fix it up, give it a decent resource system an 're-release' it with the intended number of creatures and a few levels, we'll let you know how it goes.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:48 AM Permalink

yeh, great game! love the lights!

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Well, we've discovered the reason for random crashes, it's a combination of iterator invalidation (due to a vector::erase()) and me being lazy/tired/blind/stupid :/, will repost tonight

Submitted by souri on Tue, 23/03/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

I dig the hip thrusting main character [:)]..

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Ok, a stable version with a few modifications can be found at [url]http://www.icecave.com.au/sumea48/Studio48.Fix1.zip[/url].
Now you have to beat the clock

-- edit --
apparently the version i called 'stable' was not so stable at all :( works fine for most people, including those that had the random crashes, however i've had at least one report of the game crashing onload :(

if anyone else has this happen could you please let me know how far you do get (ie, window created, splash screen displayed? etc)

thanks,
stoffle

Posted by Stoffle on

Title: Studio 48
Code: Koden and Stoffle
Art: Stoffle
Sound: Koden

Requires DirectX 9

[url]http://www.icecave.com.au/sumea48/Studio48.zip[/url] (740kb)
See readme.txt for keys and "story".

It is a little unstable due to decreasing caffeine levels and decreasing sleep levels. :/

If you want the source just email me: stoffle_work@hotmail.com

If you compare the game, the level file and the tileset texture you should be able to workout how to create your own levels.

Submitted by redwyre on Tue, 23/03/04 - 1:56 AM Permalink

The level format is *very* elegant, nicely done guys :) Good to see you got all your favourite things in there ;)

Submitted by alia on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

I have to agree with the level format thing.. NICE trick! (I shall steal it if thats ok!)

*cackles gleefully*

A.

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:28 AM Permalink

thanks guys, steal away :)
we've run it on a few more machines now and it certainly has its share of problems, but i think we shall fix it up, give it a decent resource system an 're-release' it with the intended number of creatures and a few levels, we'll let you know how it goes.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 2:48 AM Permalink

yeh, great game! love the lights!

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

Well, we've discovered the reason for random crashes, it's a combination of iterator invalidation (due to a vector::erase()) and me being lazy/tired/blind/stupid :/, will repost tonight

Submitted by souri on Tue, 23/03/04 - 3:28 AM Permalink

I dig the hip thrusting main character [:)]..

Submitted by Stoffle on Tue, 23/03/04 - 9:09 AM Permalink

Ok, a stable version with a few modifications can be found at [url]http://www.icecave.com.au/sumea48/Studio48.Fix1.zip[/url].
Now you have to beat the clock

-- edit --
apparently the version i called 'stable' was not so stable at all :( works fine for most people, including those that had the random crashes, however i've had at least one report of the game crashing onload :(

if anyone else has this happen could you please let me know how far you do get (ie, window created, splash screen displayed? etc)

thanks,
stoffle