Skip to main content

Boy Robot

Submitted by oco on

Working from start to finish in public on this one. C&C welcome.. Heres the raw sketch

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 23/11/06 - 4:48 AM Permalink

very brave of you to be drawing in a public setting, can you tell us a little more about the why/where etc?

Submitted by oco on Thu, 23/11/06 - 6:48 AM Permalink

This work is purely to increase and challenge my skills. Thats why I'm throwing it to the dogs to be dissected and criticised. I Normally work on grotesque, awkward characters and scenes. Trying for something ellegent and gentle with this. Thats largely the insperation for the work. Heres an update.

Submitted by oco on Thu, 23/11/06 - 7:57 AM Permalink

looking for some in put on which direction to take this..

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 25/11/06 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Robot? I liked the colours of the 2nd image more then that last update, nicely chromatic. Back of the head looks a little bizarre too, what happened to his ear in the last pic? Also his nostrils look flattened as well, hehe like micheal jacksons :P
I like the pose as well.
Keep it up, just doesnt look like a robot boy thats all (as far as the latest update goes).

Submitted by Johnn on Sat, 25/11/06 - 8:30 AM Permalink

yar, agreed, not obviously robot at the moment. As you are aiming for a less grotesque, more elegant image - The skin colours are little 'dirty'. Block in the shoulders (and background if you intend to have something other than stark white) with some loose colour/tone too so we can see what you intend do with them. That will help with our critiques too.

edit:
suddenly though of a someone that does great android stuff. They get a real plasticy feel to the skin with sharp highlights, might inspire and give some new direction

http://www.alien1452.com/
JohnN2006-11-24 21:39:54

Posted by oco on

Working from start to finish in public on this one. C&C welcome.. Heres the raw sketch

Submitted by Johnn on Thu, 23/11/06 - 4:48 AM Permalink

very brave of you to be drawing in a public setting, can you tell us a little more about the why/where etc?

Submitted by oco on Thu, 23/11/06 - 6:48 AM Permalink

This work is purely to increase and challenge my skills. Thats why I'm throwing it to the dogs to be dissected and criticised. I Normally work on grotesque, awkward characters and scenes. Trying for something ellegent and gentle with this. Thats largely the insperation for the work. Heres an update.

Submitted by oco on Thu, 23/11/06 - 7:57 AM Permalink

looking for some in put on which direction to take this..

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 25/11/06 - 8:17 AM Permalink

Robot? I liked the colours of the 2nd image more then that last update, nicely chromatic. Back of the head looks a little bizarre too, what happened to his ear in the last pic? Also his nostrils look flattened as well, hehe like micheal jacksons :P
I like the pose as well.
Keep it up, just doesnt look like a robot boy thats all (as far as the latest update goes).

Submitted by Johnn on Sat, 25/11/06 - 8:30 AM Permalink

yar, agreed, not obviously robot at the moment. As you are aiming for a less grotesque, more elegant image - The skin colours are little 'dirty'. Block in the shoulders (and background if you intend to have something other than stark white) with some loose colour/tone too so we can see what you intend do with them. That will help with our critiques too.

edit:
suddenly though of a someone that does great android stuff. They get a real plasticy feel to the skin with sharp highlights, might inspire and give some new direction

http://www.alien1452.com/
JohnN2006-11-24 21:39:54