Skip to main content

Canberra Games Festival - Sumea Meet

Submitted by Jacana on

Just wanted to find out if any of the locals planned to head out to the festival this weekend and if anyone would be interested in getting together for a lunch/dinner on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 22/07/04 - 5:01 AM Permalink

*sigh* I fly back to Brisbane tomorrow. @:-(

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:27 AM Permalink

I'll be in for that Cheryl. Just let me know when and where. I'm easy :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/07/04 - 9:30 PM Permalink

It would be a 3 hour drive for me... d[>.<]b
I think you had to register before hand? You might have to look that up.

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 22/07/04 - 11:40 PM Permalink

No need to register afaik. It should just be a show up on their door stop.

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:01 AM Permalink

I will be there for a few hours, mainly to see how people take to tribes. It would be cool a see a few of you which I haven't seen for sense my AIE days.

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

I might head out with a few friends, should i make a sign saying 'Sumeans here' and hold it up? [:p]

I just want to see how crazy some of the gamers are here in Canberra.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 24/07/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

Looks like i killed this thread and several others [:p].

I guess i'll just go and hide in the corner... [;)]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 25/07/04 - 4:12 PM Permalink

Let us know how the festival is going [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:24 PM Permalink

I didnt manage to go, it was raining and miserable outside so i stayed home eating soup [:)]. Did anyone manage to get out there?

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:45 PM Permalink

Yeah. I headed out there. Met up with Joel and Cheryl. Also met Dan (Schlumppy) out there. It was better than what I thought t would have been. There weren't too many stands out there, but there were a few good ones (the mo-cap room :D). The LAN party was blinding (how many lights do you possibly need on a case?). It seemed well publicised. There was 104.7FM out there having comps on GT4, and Ten/Capital had ballons in the showbags. If they keep it going and add in more stalls, then it can only get better :)

It was worth going just to see the principal of the AIE (Ian), play on Eye Toy :D

Submitted by souri on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:33 AM Permalink

I read that a four player Xbox version of Citizen Zero was available for play there. Anyone get a chance to have a look at that?

Submitted by whitetip on Wed, 01/09/04 - 8:18 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I read that a four player Xbox version of Citizen Zero was available for play there. Anyone get a chance to have a look at that?

Yep I had a look, not a play. Kind of Blade Runner meets Zelda? Well thats not the best description but it looked alright. Co-op training missions were on show I think. Nice weapons and stuff.

Posted by Jacana on

Just wanted to find out if any of the locals planned to head out to the festival this weekend and if anyone would be interested in getting together for a lunch/dinner on either the Saturday or Sunday.

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 22/07/04 - 5:01 AM Permalink

*sigh* I fly back to Brisbane tomorrow. @:-(

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:27 AM Permalink

I'll be in for that Cheryl. Just let me know when and where. I'm easy :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/07/04 - 9:30 PM Permalink

It would be a 3 hour drive for me... d[>.<]b
I think you had to register before hand? You might have to look that up.

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 22/07/04 - 11:40 PM Permalink

No need to register afaik. It should just be a show up on their door stop.

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:01 AM Permalink

I will be there for a few hours, mainly to see how people take to tribes. It would be cool a see a few of you which I haven't seen for sense my AIE days.

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 23/07/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

I might head out with a few friends, should i make a sign saying 'Sumeans here' and hold it up? [:p]

I just want to see how crazy some of the gamers are here in Canberra.

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 24/07/04 - 4:03 AM Permalink

Looks like i killed this thread and several others [:p].

I guess i'll just go and hide in the corner... [;)]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 25/07/04 - 4:12 PM Permalink

Let us know how the festival is going [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:24 PM Permalink

I didnt manage to go, it was raining and miserable outside so i stayed home eating soup [:)]. Did anyone manage to get out there?

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 25/07/04 - 7:45 PM Permalink

Yeah. I headed out there. Met up with Joel and Cheryl. Also met Dan (Schlumppy) out there. It was better than what I thought t would have been. There weren't too many stands out there, but there were a few good ones (the mo-cap room :D). The LAN party was blinding (how many lights do you possibly need on a case?). It seemed well publicised. There was 104.7FM out there having comps on GT4, and Ten/Capital had ballons in the showbags. If they keep it going and add in more stalls, then it can only get better :)

It was worth going just to see the principal of the AIE (Ian), play on Eye Toy :D

Submitted by souri on Tue, 27/07/04 - 7:33 AM Permalink

Submitted by whitetip on Wed, 01/09/04 - 8:18 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Yep I had a look, not a play. Kind of Blade Runner meets Zelda? Well thats not the best description but it looked alright. Co-op training missions were on show I think. Nice weapons and stuff.