Skip to main content

Marketing jobs

Submitted by agwa on

I've just immigrated to Sydney, after working for various publishers/Developers in the UK (Ocean Software, Infogrames, Vivendi Universal). Anyone know if any marketing jobs come up very often in Aus development houses or publishers?

Getting sick of recruitment agencies looking down the noses, when I tell them I want to continue in videogames.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/07/03 - 1:41 AM Permalink

quote:Getting sick of recruitment agencies looking down the noses, when I tell them I want to continue in videogames.

Because thats a fun and fulfilling career, being..a...recruitment..officer...he..hehe...hahahaha
Have you tried applying directly to Aussie developers?

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 22/07/03 - 7:20 AM Permalink

Probably you're best bet if you want to work in the marketing end is to apply to the australian distribution arms of various overseas publishers. I don't think you'd have much luck with getting a marketing job with aussie *developers*, they don't have a lot of need for such people (the publishers take care of marketing). There aren't really any australian publishers either. So yeah, i'd suggest trying to get in contact with the australian sony/microsoft/infogrames etc. type people.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/07/03 - 10:05 AM Permalink

Publishers I mean. Thanks for correcting me blitz.

Submitted by groovyone on Fri, 25/07/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

Hi agwa,

I have a friend in the same situation as you and they have not had any luck here.

Actually, she used to work for Infogrames UK as well .. maybe you might know each other. Her name is Liz.

Posted by agwa on

I've just immigrated to Sydney, after working for various publishers/Developers in the UK (Ocean Software, Infogrames, Vivendi Universal). Anyone know if any marketing jobs come up very often in Aus development houses or publishers?

Getting sick of recruitment agencies looking down the noses, when I tell them I want to continue in videogames.

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/07/03 - 1:41 AM Permalink

quote:Getting sick of recruitment agencies looking down the noses, when I tell them I want to continue in videogames.

Because thats a fun and fulfilling career, being..a...recruitment..officer...he..hehe...hahahaha
Have you tried applying directly to Aussie developers?

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 22/07/03 - 7:20 AM Permalink

Probably you're best bet if you want to work in the marketing end is to apply to the australian distribution arms of various overseas publishers. I don't think you'd have much luck with getting a marketing job with aussie *developers*, they don't have a lot of need for such people (the publishers take care of marketing). There aren't really any australian publishers either. So yeah, i'd suggest trying to get in contact with the australian sony/microsoft/infogrames etc. type people.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Malus on Tue, 22/07/03 - 10:05 AM Permalink

Publishers I mean. Thanks for correcting me blitz.

Submitted by groovyone on Fri, 25/07/03 - 9:43 AM Permalink

Hi agwa,

I have a friend in the same situation as you and they have not had any luck here.

Actually, she used to work for Infogrames UK as well .. maybe you might know each other. Her name is Liz.