Skip to main content

can someone make me a daxter model

Forum

can someone make me a daxter model( from jak and daxter games for ps2) so i can play as him in ut2004

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 22/06/05 - 3:29 AM Permalink

*presses 'make daxter button' on custom keyboard*

It also has buttons for Sephiroths, Gordon Freemans, and Yoshimitsu's. [:O]

Seriously though - work on your pitch and you might get someone interested enough to make a clone for you [:)] Good Luck.

Submitted by McKnight on Wed, 22/06/05 - 7:22 AM Permalink

I see countless people do this, they just come up and say "Make this for me..."
I remember laughing for like half an hour at this guy on the Elder Scrolls: Morrowind forum. He made a post and said "Someone make this mod for me as soon as possible. Story is you are a knight and (like two sentences of the most cliche story ever)..."

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 22/06/05 - 8:54 PM Permalink

pyro: just to clarify, people generally won't do custom things for others unless they have incentive to do so. It takes many hours to make a character, and people generally do it for their own benifit or to improve their own skills in development. Producing a clone of an existing character for another game for someone else does not rank highly on many artists desires. Even if you'd of said "please", these not much reason for anyone to want to do this. Put it in terms of if it'd take someone a week to model, unwrap, texture, rig, and custom animate a character... for myself personally that would cost a fair amount of time that I could've put into my own personal projects, or into a paying clients project.

I hope you understand.

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 23/06/05 - 11:21 PM Permalink

I.e. put some money up or shut up...

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 24/06/05 - 5:13 AM Permalink

No, no, you guys don?t understand. He?s not asking us to make a Daxter model for him.

He?s TELLING us to.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 24/06/05 - 10:33 AM Permalink

OK guys. Might be time to hold of on the newbie bashing :) It's an understandable (though yes, annoying the tenth time) mistake, especially for people who have recently had success with "Mum, can I have a drink?".

For future reference though pyro' - Welcome! Sumea is a group of people who make games, who want to make games, or who love to talk about making games. We'd love to have you tell us about your idea for a Daxter meets UT2004 game. We're just not going to make it for you unless you get us really really really excited about the propect (or you're willing to put up some cash!)

Most of us have fifty or more other things that they should be doing right now. (I know I do) Yours is likely to be number fifty-one sorry.

Forum

can someone make me a daxter model( from jak and daxter games for ps2) so i can play as him in ut2004

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 22/06/05 - 3:29 AM Permalink

*presses 'make daxter button' on custom keyboard*

It also has buttons for Sephiroths, Gordon Freemans, and Yoshimitsu's. [:O]

Seriously though - work on your pitch and you might get someone interested enough to make a clone for you [:)] Good Luck.

Submitted by McKnight on Wed, 22/06/05 - 7:22 AM Permalink

I see countless people do this, they just come up and say "Make this for me..."
I remember laughing for like half an hour at this guy on the Elder Scrolls: Morrowind forum. He made a post and said "Someone make this mod for me as soon as possible. Story is you are a knight and (like two sentences of the most cliche story ever)..."

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 22/06/05 - 8:54 PM Permalink

pyro: just to clarify, people generally won't do custom things for others unless they have incentive to do so. It takes many hours to make a character, and people generally do it for their own benifit or to improve their own skills in development. Producing a clone of an existing character for another game for someone else does not rank highly on many artists desires. Even if you'd of said "please", these not much reason for anyone to want to do this. Put it in terms of if it'd take someone a week to model, unwrap, texture, rig, and custom animate a character... for myself personally that would cost a fair amount of time that I could've put into my own personal projects, or into a paying clients project.

I hope you understand.

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 23/06/05 - 11:21 PM Permalink

I.e. put some money up or shut up...

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 24/06/05 - 5:13 AM Permalink

No, no, you guys don?t understand. He?s not asking us to make a Daxter model for him.

He?s TELLING us to.

Submitted by mcdrewski on Fri, 24/06/05 - 10:33 AM Permalink

OK guys. Might be time to hold of on the newbie bashing :) It's an understandable (though yes, annoying the tenth time) mistake, especially for people who have recently had success with "Mum, can I have a drink?".

For future reference though pyro' - Welcome! Sumea is a group of people who make games, who want to make games, or who love to talk about making games. We'd love to have you tell us about your idea for a Daxter meets UT2004 game. We're just not going to make it for you unless you get us really really really excited about the propect (or you're willing to put up some cash!)

Most of us have fifty or more other things that they should be doing right now. (I know I do) Yours is likely to be number fifty-one sorry.