Skip to main content

Isn't Maya meant to come with Unreal?

Submitted by selwyn on
Forum

I bought Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD edition.

In the tutorial on disc 2 it says that Maya comes with Unreal. I can find Unreal Ed, but not Maya.

I�ve searched on the net and Maya seems to come with Unreal 2003 but I can�t find anything about it coming with 2004. Should the computer shop have given me Maya when I bought the DVD?

Hope someone can help.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 21/06/04 - 4:58 AM Permalink

I'm not too sure about it coming with 2k4 as I don't own it. I know that it came with 2k3. Check for a directory with Maya PLE (Personal Learning Edition). It is basically Maya Complete with some water marking in it. If it isn't on the Disc, you can download it from:

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml;$s…

You will have to have an email address so that you can register with them and get a serial for it. PLE is 129Mb. You can also order a copy of it on CD from them and some CG based mags sometimes have it on their CDs.

Perhaps MoonUnit can help you out more with this one.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 21/06/04 - 5:06 AM Permalink

It's on your Play disc..

CD6ExtrasMayaPLEMayaPersonalLearningEditionEN_US.exe

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 21/06/04 - 8:29 AM Permalink

atleast thats the case for special edition (i know thats what souri has and i have also), but thats on the game disc, not the extra disc so i should be on the normal DVD ver.

Submitted by selwyn on Tue, 22/06/04 - 12:11 AM Permalink

Thanks, I just assumed the install option for Maya would be on the autorun screen. I was completely absent minded and didn't think of opening the DVD itself.

Thanks again.

Posted by selwyn on
Forum

I bought Unreal Tournament 2004 DVD edition.

In the tutorial on disc 2 it says that Maya comes with Unreal. I can find Unreal Ed, but not Maya.

I�ve searched on the net and Maya seems to come with Unreal 2003 but I can�t find anything about it coming with 2004. Should the computer shop have given me Maya when I bought the DVD?

Hope someone can help.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 21/06/04 - 4:58 AM Permalink

I'm not too sure about it coming with 2k4 as I don't own it. I know that it came with 2k3. Check for a directory with Maya PLE (Personal Learning Edition). It is basically Maya Complete with some water marking in it. If it isn't on the Disc, you can download it from:

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml;$s…

You will have to have an email address so that you can register with them and get a serial for it. PLE is 129Mb. You can also order a copy of it on CD from them and some CG based mags sometimes have it on their CDs.

Perhaps MoonUnit can help you out more with this one.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 21/06/04 - 5:06 AM Permalink

It's on your Play disc..

CD6ExtrasMayaPLEMayaPersonalLearningEditionEN_US.exe

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 21/06/04 - 8:29 AM Permalink

atleast thats the case for special edition (i know thats what souri has and i have also), but thats on the game disc, not the extra disc so i should be on the normal DVD ver.

Submitted by selwyn on Tue, 22/06/04 - 12:11 AM Permalink

Thanks, I just assumed the install option for Maya would be on the autorun screen. I was completely absent minded and didn't think of opening the DVD itself.

Thanks again.