Skip to main content

Consoles and games...

Submitted by Kane on
Forum

Hi all...

I was just curious to know what consoles everyone owns and/or fav console games...

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

i have a playstation 2 with grand tourismo 3.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

Xbox - Halo - Probably change to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic once I get it.

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:25 AM Permalink

yeh...Knights of the Old Republic looks sick

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:25 AM Permalink

PSOne and Ps2 although my ps2 just died one me,.. only 1 month out of warranty,.. so sony lost a few points in my oppinion,.. time to buy an xbox.

Massive fan of all RPG's , final fantasies, Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance rocks too,.. got a few fighters eg dead or alive series, tekken series etc,..
all of the Gran Tourismo series,.. all of the resident evils and parasite Eve series,.. also a quite rare RPG called Koudelka which was a pretty dark / evil but wayyyyyyyyyy to easy rpg,. took like 8 hours to finish after i brought it [:(]....

the list goes on... i spend too much time playing games damnit...

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:30 AM Permalink

I own the mighty triumvirate plus the GBA(but not SP...yet) because I'm a gaming keeno.

Im still a bit fan of epic rpgs and survival horror, so the last game I played that I realy liked was The resident evil remake on Game Cube, But Silent Hill 2 on PS2 was also fun.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:33 AM Permalink

as for me, I have a GameCube with:

Metroid Prime - very good game for its genre but not my cup of tea
Ty the Tassie Tiger - wicked game but a bit kiddie and easy
Super Smash Bros - need I say more
Lost Kingdoms - good game, too dark and dreary for my liking
Starfox Adventures - wicked game
Enter the Matrix - too easy on easy, too hard on anything else
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer - addictive
Rogue Squadron II - cant remember which one

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:34 AM Permalink

i might look at getting grantourismo4 for ps2.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:48 AM Permalink

Games I currently have on Xbox:
Halo
Tom Clacy's Ghost Recon
Dead to Rights
Tom Clacy's Splinter Cell
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Dead or Alive 3
NFL Fever 2003
Jet Set Radio Future
Mx Superfly
Sega GT 2002
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
RalliSport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing
Midtown Madness 3

Games I plan to get when released:
Star Wars KOTOR
GTA double pack
Sniper Elite
Halo 2
Fable

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:51 AM Permalink

i own an xbox with the following

Halo (awesome)
Jet Set Radio Future (one of the best games evaaa. awesome style)
DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball (for the gameplay... really :) )
DOA 3
Project Gotham
Shenmue 2
Gun Valkyrie

would like to get Knights of the Old Republic, but i will get the PC version instead. I love RPGs and FPS'. i will give any game a go if it looks or sounds promising though.

also own a GBA:SP, but i dont know if that really counts as a console.

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:59 AM Permalink

am I the only one here with a GameCube???

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 20/10/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Kane

No, if you noticed I said I had the lot, got the Game cube second incase you where curious.

Pantmonger

Submitted by smeg on Mon, 20/10/03 - 8:55 AM Permalink

Gamecube + zelda + metroid + monkey ball + mario sunshine + some less cool games.

Also have a dreamcast, but i could never find decent games for the thing ... :(

cheers

Submitted by davidcoen on Mon, 20/10/03 - 9:10 AM Permalink

um, i own one n64 game and one playstation game, but no consoles :) (do own about 5 pc games though, and finially found a combination of difficulty setting on 'dark reign2' to make it difficult)

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 12:14 PM Permalink

PS2 - MGS2, Ico, Onimusha, THPS3, Baldur's Gate:DA
Xbox - JSRF, Halo, Shenmue 2

Wanna pick up an NGC when the price drops like it has overseas: First up - Viewtiful Joe

Still got my old Megadrive around at my parents house too, plus a few others that dont work anymore.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 12:18 PM Permalink

What did you think of Shenmue 2 Aven? I personally loved it -- I wish there were *real* confirmation on the making of the third one. Apparently the Sega restructuring means that Yu Suzuki's team is working on the VF series as well as Shenmue and other established franchises. Or something.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:09 PM Permalink

i loved it. then again i am a massive fan of Sega. i thought that Microsoft and Sega did a great job releasing it with the dvd movie for the first game. that way people who hadnt played Shenmue could know what was going on. unfortunately i never got to complete Shenmue as i had to return my friend's Dreamcast to him (one of the best consoles ever). the only way it could really be improved is that it has a lot of interaction and it is a living world, yet it is so linear. the story is really good in it though, so that makes it okay.

i also forgot to mention that i own Panzer Dragoon Orta. damn hard game. awesome graphics though :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 10:09 PM Permalink

It would have been nice to have an option of playing through the game disc in Japanese like how the movie could be watched in subtitles. The voice acting in the game was inconsistent at best and was probably the worst part of the game. Some characters like Lishao Tao were done very well, I thought.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 21/10/03 - 6:56 AM Permalink

overall i thought that the voice acting wast that bad. it wasnt that great either, but compared to a lot of other games it was gold. just look at the early Resident Evils :D, Vampire: Masquerade, and Never Winter Nights. Lady Aeribeth had to have THE single worst voice i have EVER heard voice acted. i would have loved to have seen an option to have it Japanese dubbed though, especially if it would have had WAY off lip synching :p.

Posted by Kane on
Forum

Hi all...

I was just curious to know what consoles everyone owns and/or fav console games...

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

i have a playstation 2 with grand tourismo 3.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:15 AM Permalink

Xbox - Halo - Probably change to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic once I get it.

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:25 AM Permalink

yeh...Knights of the Old Republic looks sick

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:25 AM Permalink

PSOne and Ps2 although my ps2 just died one me,.. only 1 month out of warranty,.. so sony lost a few points in my oppinion,.. time to buy an xbox.

Massive fan of all RPG's , final fantasies, Baldurs Gate : Dark Alliance rocks too,.. got a few fighters eg dead or alive series, tekken series etc,..
all of the Gran Tourismo series,.. all of the resident evils and parasite Eve series,.. also a quite rare RPG called Koudelka which was a pretty dark / evil but wayyyyyyyyyy to easy rpg,. took like 8 hours to finish after i brought it [:(]....

the list goes on... i spend too much time playing games damnit...

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:30 AM Permalink

I own the mighty triumvirate plus the GBA(but not SP...yet) because I'm a gaming keeno.

Im still a bit fan of epic rpgs and survival horror, so the last game I played that I realy liked was The resident evil remake on Game Cube, But Silent Hill 2 on PS2 was also fun.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:33 AM Permalink

as for me, I have a GameCube with:

Metroid Prime - very good game for its genre but not my cup of tea
Ty the Tassie Tiger - wicked game but a bit kiddie and easy
Super Smash Bros - need I say more
Lost Kingdoms - good game, too dark and dreary for my liking
Starfox Adventures - wicked game
Enter the Matrix - too easy on easy, too hard on anything else
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer - addictive
Rogue Squadron II - cant remember which one

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:34 AM Permalink

i might look at getting grantourismo4 for ps2.

Submitted by Happy Camper on Mon, 20/10/03 - 5:48 AM Permalink

Games I currently have on Xbox:
Halo
Tom Clacy's Ghost Recon
Dead to Rights
Tom Clacy's Splinter Cell
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Dead or Alive 3
NFL Fever 2003
Jet Set Radio Future
Mx Superfly
Sega GT 2002
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
RalliSport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing
Midtown Madness 3

Games I plan to get when released:
Star Wars KOTOR
GTA double pack
Sniper Elite
Halo 2
Fable

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:51 AM Permalink

i own an xbox with the following

Halo (awesome)
Jet Set Radio Future (one of the best games evaaa. awesome style)
DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball (for the gameplay... really :) )
DOA 3
Project Gotham
Shenmue 2
Gun Valkyrie

would like to get Knights of the Old Republic, but i will get the PC version instead. I love RPGs and FPS'. i will give any game a go if it looks or sounds promising though.

also own a GBA:SP, but i dont know if that really counts as a console.

Submitted by Kane on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:59 AM Permalink

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 20/10/03 - 7:42 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Kane

No, if you noticed I said I had the lot, got the Game cube second incase you where curious.

Pantmonger

Submitted by smeg on Mon, 20/10/03 - 8:55 AM Permalink

Gamecube + zelda + metroid + monkey ball + mario sunshine + some less cool games.

Also have a dreamcast, but i could never find decent games for the thing ... :(

cheers

Submitted by davidcoen on Mon, 20/10/03 - 9:10 AM Permalink

um, i own one n64 game and one playstation game, but no consoles :) (do own about 5 pc games though, and finially found a combination of difficulty setting on 'dark reign2' to make it difficult)

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 12:14 PM Permalink

PS2 - MGS2, Ico, Onimusha, THPS3, Baldur's Gate:DA
Xbox - JSRF, Halo, Shenmue 2

Wanna pick up an NGC when the price drops like it has overseas: First up - Viewtiful Joe

Still got my old Megadrive around at my parents house too, plus a few others that dont work anymore.

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 12:18 PM Permalink

What did you think of Shenmue 2 Aven? I personally loved it -- I wish there were *real* confirmation on the making of the third one. Apparently the Sega restructuring means that Yu Suzuki's team is working on the VF series as well as Shenmue and other established franchises. Or something.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 20/10/03 - 6:09 PM Permalink

i loved it. then again i am a massive fan of Sega. i thought that Microsoft and Sega did a great job releasing it with the dvd movie for the first game. that way people who hadnt played Shenmue could know what was going on. unfortunately i never got to complete Shenmue as i had to return my friend's Dreamcast to him (one of the best consoles ever). the only way it could really be improved is that it has a lot of interaction and it is a living world, yet it is so linear. the story is really good in it though, so that makes it okay.

i also forgot to mention that i own Panzer Dragoon Orta. damn hard game. awesome graphics though :D

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 20/10/03 - 10:09 PM Permalink

It would have been nice to have an option of playing through the game disc in Japanese like how the movie could be watched in subtitles. The voice acting in the game was inconsistent at best and was probably the worst part of the game. Some characters like Lishao Tao were done very well, I thought.

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 21/10/03 - 6:56 AM Permalink

overall i thought that the voice acting wast that bad. it wasnt that great either, but compared to a lot of other games it was gold. just look at the early Resident Evils :D, Vampire: Masquerade, and Never Winter Nights. Lady Aeribeth had to have THE single worst voice i have EVER heard voice acted. i would have loved to have seen an option to have it Japanese dubbed though, especially if it would have had WAY off lip synching :p.