Skip to main content

Preacher Character - UT3 Character, WIP

• All textures and renders are by myself, all models are by various friends and co workers, excluding the desert forerunner scene was modeled by me.

Submitted by DaneORoo on

He's a seedy pale preacher, one of those "god bless satan!" kind of guys. This is for the Total Conversion mod for UT3, WarmGun.

Model and uv's by an artist on the team. Textures are by myself, painted in Photoshop and tweaking in Bodypaint 3D.

I rendered the model with ambient occlusion so the normal map has been nulled a bit, but god dam I love the sexiness aocc provides.

A low res of the diffuse

He wields these dual revolvers, the revolvers are modeled by a guy on the team called Phaeton, the uv mapping and texture painting is me.

Also, a shot of the right first person arm, just started it, so it's a bit sketchy:

Crits welcome :)

Also check out the teams website!

Submitted by DaneORoo on Tue, 26/08/08 - 9:50 PM Permalink

No one has ANY opinions they wanna share? I won't bite if you think its shit, just tell me what specifically.

also, update:

Seriously, any crits I openly welcome.

Dane Brennand - Texture Artist

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 26/08/08 - 11:43 PM Permalink

Your update fixed up the one criticism i had from the non-artist perspective, the peacher "white" thing looked like it was just sitting there, now its blended in better.

The clothing under the arm looks very semetically rounded. Aka I could imagine if he lifted his arms it could get stuck at the moment, aka very tight. The pant endings look like they are wings, seem very rigid.

Face looks good from my perspective, looks realistic. Texturing on the top looks realistic.

Sure others with a art background can crticise/praise appriopriately though.

Submitted by DaneORoo on Wed, 27/08/08 - 7:17 AM Permalink

Thanks man. Just to clear things up though, the body is modeled in a rigged state so the rigging and animating people have more geometry to work with. In the game the coat tails would actually be handled by physics, so they'd hang loose and swing around as you moved.

I also agree with you on the arms, the modeler on the team could have done those a bit better.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 27/08/08 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Would they use cloth animation in the in-game physics for the coat tails? Or would the coat tails be done using traditional animation?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:23 PM Permalink

id hit that :P na tis awsome model I do think that theres something wrong with the chin maybe it's just annoying me :P

Posted by DaneORoo on

He's a seedy pale preacher, one of those "god bless satan!" kind of guys. This is for the Total Conversion mod for UT3, WarmGun.

Model and uv's by an artist on the team. Textures are by myself, painted in Photoshop and tweaking in Bodypaint 3D.

I rendered the model with ambient occlusion so the normal map has been nulled a bit, but god dam I love the sexiness aocc provides.

A low res of the diffuse

He wields these dual revolvers, the revolvers are modeled by a guy on the team called Phaeton, the uv mapping and texture painting is me.

Also, a shot of the right first person arm, just started it, so it's a bit sketchy:

Crits welcome :)

Also check out the teams website!

Submitted by DaneORoo on Tue, 26/08/08 - 9:50 PM Permalink

No one has ANY opinions they wanna share? I won't bite if you think its shit, just tell me what specifically.

also, update:

Seriously, any crits I openly welcome.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Tue, 26/08/08 - 11:43 PM Permalink

Your update fixed up the one criticism i had from the non-artist perspective, the peacher "white" thing looked like it was just sitting there, now its blended in better.

The clothing under the arm looks very semetically rounded. Aka I could imagine if he lifted his arms it could get stuck at the moment, aka very tight. The pant endings look like they are wings, seem very rigid.

Face looks good from my perspective, looks realistic. Texturing on the top looks realistic.

Sure others with a art background can crticise/praise appriopriately though.

Submitted by DaneORoo on Wed, 27/08/08 - 7:17 AM Permalink

Thanks man. Just to clear things up though, the body is modeled in a rigged state so the rigging and animating people have more geometry to work with. In the game the coat tails would actually be handled by physics, so they'd hang loose and swing around as you moved.

I also agree with you on the arms, the modeler on the team could have done those a bit better.

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 27/08/08 - 11:33 AM Permalink

Would they use cloth animation in the in-game physics for the coat tails? Or would the coat tails be done using traditional animation?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 19/09/08 - 12:23 PM Permalink

id hit that :P na tis awsome model I do think that theres something wrong with the chin maybe it's just annoying me :P