Skip to main content

Sydney Gaming Education, and Design.

Hey - I am a Year 12 student, and have been attending a few open days for AIE Syd, and Qantm Syd - and it's getting to the point where I'm trying to make a decision pertaining to which I would rather attend (if possible) next year.

I could use some help.
If you have attended either, or are attending either - could you please list some pros and cons?
Note, I am talking about the Sydney branches, so if you did not attend in Syd - please, don't bother :)

And I would like to take the time to ask if you guys could avoid a ridiculous flame war breaking out - all the other topics were ruined, I'd like mine to keep clean and positive.

Similarly, I am looking for a job in game design - yes, I know, I'm sure every new hopeful student would love to do design, and I know it's apparently difficult to get into - but please avoid telling me how cliché I am. I just really like analysing games, and designing systems that could make them better, and even some concepts from time to time.

I am looking for advice on design - and how to increase the chances that I will attain this occupation in the future.
I am thinking of perhaps going for a diploma/degree in programming, so I can get my foot in the door - and working from there.
I am also competing in the AIE's Gameface competition this year - and I will be using the videos in my portfolio.

Thanks for your help, again, please keep this topic flame-free.

~Karma

Hey - I am a Year 12 student, and have been attending a few open days for AIE Syd, and Qantm Syd - and it's getting to the point where I'm trying to make a decision pertaining to which I would rather attend (if possible) next year.

I could use some help.
If you have attended either, or are attending either - could you please list some pros and cons?
Note, I am talking about the Sydney branches, so if you did not attend in Syd - please, don't bother :)

And I would like to take the time to ask if you guys could avoid a ridiculous flame war breaking out - all the other topics were ruined, I'd like mine to keep clean and positive.

Similarly, I am looking for a job in game design - yes, I know, I'm sure every new hopeful student would love to do design, and I know it's apparently difficult to get into - but please avoid telling me how cliché I am. I just really like analysing games, and designing systems that could make them better, and even some concepts from time to time.

I am looking for advice on design - and how to increase the chances that I will attain this occupation in the future.
I am thinking of perhaps going for a diploma/degree in programming, so I can get my foot in the door - and working from there.
I am also competing in the AIE's Gameface competition this year - and I will be using the videos in my portfolio.

Thanks for your help, again, please keep this topic flame-free.

~Karma