Skip to main content

Kingdom Hearts: Kairi

• Hey guys, Next character off the ranks for me, Emma Frost the White Queen, this was my entry for the 2009 Comicon Challenge over at GameArtisans.org. THe budget was 10000 triangles and 1 x 2048 textures. She is 9700 Triangles and 1 x 2048x2048…

• WANTED: Amaya Borghild ( A-my-a Bor-jill-da )

Agent in the order of the dusk rain, a guild of elite 'honorable' assassins. Amaya is 28 years old, 5'10 and 122lb and although only a lowly koyakunin rank within the guild, she is more than a…

• Hey everyone,

Long time I havent been around here! I just thought i would show something that ive been working on for the past few weeks in my spare time.

Hope you enjoy!

Shes not a game model, no polycount limits and no…

Submitted by HazarD on

Hey everyone,

I havent posted here in a long long time, thought I would show what ive been tinkering away on over the past couple of weeks.

I chose to work on something completely different to anything I've ever done, so I picked a character from the kingdom hearts games, Kairi.

I originally set out to capture her as closely as possible but I soon felt compelled to make the design mine instead, and mature her just a few years.

For every problem I started to solve I started to see a dozen others pop up and before i knew it i was going backwards, so thats where i decided to leave it.

This is my Kairi,

I hope you enjoy looking at her cheeky smile as much I've loved building her.

Submitted by DaneORoo on Fri, 19/09/08 - 8:57 AM Permalink

You've done a good job, nice render too.

I do notice some wierdness with the hands, but hands are hard to do.

Mind posting a wireframe so we can see your poly distribution?

Dane Brennand - Texture Artist

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 23/09/08 - 12:26 PM Permalink

The model looks beautiful the lighting is really nice too her face is so cute, I loved that game and u have portrayed her very nicely. I like how you aged her and gave her a keyblade, Its a shame the shoes don't look finished.
I'm really interested in a Wireframe as well!

Submitted by HazarD on Wed, 24/09/08 - 6:19 PM Permalink

Thanks buddy :)

Yeah some pinching going on between the index and middle finger doh! never mind, will improove that for the next character! Wireframe wouldnt be too helpful as its about 250k poly I think!

Submitted by HazarD on Wed, 24/09/08 - 6:21 PM Permalink

Neffy wow! i cant believe your still kicking around here as well! I kind of dissapeared from sumea for a good 4 years or so i think, you probably dont remember the old bastards like me, malus or pantmonger! But I remember you!

Thanks for the comment, I totally agree with you about the shoes, argh! they needed the sole design and colours.

Posted by HazarD on

Hey everyone,

I havent posted here in a long long time, thought I would show what ive been tinkering away on over the past couple of weeks.

I chose to work on something completely different to anything I've ever done, so I picked a character from the kingdom hearts games, Kairi.

I originally set out to capture her as closely as possible but I soon felt compelled to make the design mine instead, and mature her just a few years.

For every problem I started to solve I started to see a dozen others pop up and before i knew it i was going backwards, so thats where i decided to leave it.

This is my Kairi,

I hope you enjoy looking at her cheeky smile as much I've loved building her.

Submitted by DaneORoo on Fri, 19/09/08 - 8:57 AM Permalink

You've done a good job, nice render too.

I do notice some wierdness with the hands, but hands are hard to do.

Mind posting a wireframe so we can see your poly distribution?

Dane Brennand - Texture Artist

Submitted by Neffy on Tue, 23/09/08 - 12:26 PM Permalink

The model looks beautiful the lighting is really nice too her face is so cute, I loved that game and u have portrayed her very nicely. I like how you aged her and gave her a keyblade, Its a shame the shoes don't look finished.
I'm really interested in a Wireframe as well!

Submitted by HazarD on Wed, 24/09/08 - 6:19 PM Permalink

Thanks buddy :)

Yeah some pinching going on between the index and middle finger doh! never mind, will improove that for the next character! Wireframe wouldnt be too helpful as its about 250k poly I think!

Submitted by HazarD on Wed, 24/09/08 - 6:21 PM Permalink

Neffy wow! i cant believe your still kicking around here as well! I kind of dissapeared from sumea for a good 4 years or so i think, you probably dont remember the old bastards like me, malus or pantmonger! But I remember you!

Thanks for the comment, I totally agree with you about the shoes, argh! they needed the sole design and colours.