Skip to main content

Battle angel

Submitted by Makk on

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/chow8_battle_angel.jpg[/img]

Done for CA.orgs character of the week.
Not a particualy original design, but I did enjoy doing it.
I tried to hide the fact that I cant draw/paint hands and feet very well. I need to stop doing just portriats and start doing complete figures if I want to improve [}:)]

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 19/12/05 - 6:35 AM Permalink

you definately chose a competetive week for your first entry, i'd be stoked with 1 vote among that selection of characters.

Its a very nice painting but i'm a bit thrown off by the proportions, particularly the small feet/hands and large shoulders. If you want to divert focus away from the detail of hands try end ensure that they're in proportion so that they don't draw the attention in the first place.

Otherwise i really like the colour scheme and textured feel, also, the wings are good but could have done with some more attention.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 19/12/05 - 9:36 AM Permalink

Yeah, there were a heap of entries many of which were quite nice. I saw yours and bumskee's as well, cool stuff guys :) Its going to be tough trying to decide just one to vote for.
This weeks topic will be a challange. I'll probably go with either santa or the elf.

I didnt reliese that her shoulders were that large, probably one of those things that seem to happen when youve been staring at a piece for too long!
Normally I would do a sketch and scan it in and go from there, this time though it was %100 digital all the way.
Lol, yeah the wings could be more polished but Im too lazy! :P

Submitted by bumskee on Mon, 19/12/05 - 1:32 PM Permalink

Hey Makk, damn didn't know you were an aussie too! kewl stuff, I think conundrum spotted few good crits. Mainly the proportion, the lower half is a little too short. She looks more like a demon though, hehe like lot of the other entries including mine. :) nice touch with the birds, though I think the brief said no feathered wings. Hope to see you on the next ChOW.. cheers,

Submitted by denz on Tue, 20/12/05 - 1:34 AM Permalink

cool makks.

Definately work on hands cos they tend to make a piece.

neat character though.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 20/12/05 - 6:56 AM Permalink

bumskee and denz- thanks guys, Ive purchased some figure drawing and anatomy books for christmas so I hope they will help me on my looooong path to improvement :)

Posted by Makk on

[img]http://members.optusnet.com.au/~rowanfamily/chow8_battle_angel.jpg[/img]

Done for CA.orgs character of the week.
Not a particualy original design, but I did enjoy doing it.
I tried to hide the fact that I cant draw/paint hands and feet very well. I need to stop doing just portriats and start doing complete figures if I want to improve [}:)]

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 19/12/05 - 6:35 AM Permalink

you definately chose a competetive week for your first entry, i'd be stoked with 1 vote among that selection of characters.

Its a very nice painting but i'm a bit thrown off by the proportions, particularly the small feet/hands and large shoulders. If you want to divert focus away from the detail of hands try end ensure that they're in proportion so that they don't draw the attention in the first place.

Otherwise i really like the colour scheme and textured feel, also, the wings are good but could have done with some more attention.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 19/12/05 - 9:36 AM Permalink

Yeah, there were a heap of entries many of which were quite nice. I saw yours and bumskee's as well, cool stuff guys :) Its going to be tough trying to decide just one to vote for.
This weeks topic will be a challange. I'll probably go with either santa or the elf.

I didnt reliese that her shoulders were that large, probably one of those things that seem to happen when youve been staring at a piece for too long!
Normally I would do a sketch and scan it in and go from there, this time though it was %100 digital all the way.
Lol, yeah the wings could be more polished but Im too lazy! :P

Submitted by bumskee on Mon, 19/12/05 - 1:32 PM Permalink

Hey Makk, damn didn't know you were an aussie too! kewl stuff, I think conundrum spotted few good crits. Mainly the proportion, the lower half is a little too short. She looks more like a demon though, hehe like lot of the other entries including mine. :) nice touch with the birds, though I think the brief said no feathered wings. Hope to see you on the next ChOW.. cheers,

Submitted by denz on Tue, 20/12/05 - 1:34 AM Permalink

cool makks.

Definately work on hands cos they tend to make a piece.

neat character though.

Submitted by Makk on Tue, 20/12/05 - 6:56 AM Permalink

bumskee and denz- thanks guys, Ive purchased some figure drawing and anatomy books for christmas so I hope they will help me on my looooong path to improvement :)