Skip to main content

Programmer opening at Irrational Games

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Programmer
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented programmer to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others. This position is open to entry-level candidates or those with more experience.

Irrational programmers are responsible for designing and implementing our game technology. At Irrational, programmers are a significant part of the game design process, so you should be passionately interested in game development as well as writing great code.

Irrational believes in cutting-edge technology married to great game design. We are particularly interested in programmers who have both technical skills and care about how that technology can be used to make games more fun.

Responsibilities:

? work with the game designer and the lead programmer to produce technical design documents and schedules
? write, document and test code to implement the technical design
? liase with design and art teams to ensure that code addresses their technical needs
? research technology to ensure that Irrational products remain at the forefront of games technology
? contribute to the ongoing evolution of the software development process at IGA.

Required Experience and Skills:

? excellent understanding of C/C++
? good understanding of OO design principles
? communication skills and interest in working with our game developers in a cooperative team environment
? working knowledge of 3D rendering principles including principles of rendering pipelines, 3D transforms
? commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing proceedures
? interest in game development and game technology

Additional Experience and Skills:

? tertiary educational qualifications in computer science and mathematics are desirable but not necessary.
? working knowledge or better of DirectX APIs and current generation 3D graphics hardware and drivers

To apply for this position you should submit:

? resume
? cover letter clearly identifying why you want to work at Irrational and in the games industry
? samples of source code demonstrating good understanding of C++ design principles as well as an interesting algorithm.

In addition, all applications will be best supported by demos or other examples of your ability to work on game or game-related technology. These will be required for junior candidates who do not have demonstrable experience in the games industry or related fields.

Irrational offers generous salary packages based on skills and experience. This position can be filled on a permanent full-time basis or contract basis.

Applicants for this position must be in or willing to relocate to Canberra. International applicants will not be considered for this position.

Applications can be emailed to jobs@irrational.com.au. More details can be found on our website at http://www.irrational.com.au/company/aus_jobs.cfm

Posted by souri on
Forum

Programmer
Irrational Games Australia is looking for a talented programmer to work on upcoming industry-leading titles including Tribes:Vengeance and others. This position is open to entry-level candidates or those with more experience.

Irrational programmers are responsible for designing and implementing our game technology. At Irrational, programmers are a significant part of the game design process, so you should be passionately interested in game development as well as writing great code.

Irrational believes in cutting-edge technology married to great game design. We are particularly interested in programmers who have both technical skills and care about how that technology can be used to make games more fun.

Responsibilities:

? work with the game designer and the lead programmer to produce technical design documents and schedules
? write, document and test code to implement the technical design
? liase with design and art teams to ensure that code addresses their technical needs
? research technology to ensure that Irrational products remain at the forefront of games technology
? contribute to the ongoing evolution of the software development process at IGA.

Required Experience and Skills:

? excellent understanding of C/C++
? good understanding of OO design principles
? communication skills and interest in working with our game developers in a cooperative team environment
? working knowledge of 3D rendering principles including principles of rendering pipelines, 3D transforms
? commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing proceedures
? interest in game development and game technology

Additional Experience and Skills:

? tertiary educational qualifications in computer science and mathematics are desirable but not necessary.
? working knowledge or better of DirectX APIs and current generation 3D graphics hardware and drivers

To apply for this position you should submit:

? resume
? cover letter clearly identifying why you want to work at Irrational and in the games industry
? samples of source code demonstrating good understanding of C++ design principles as well as an interesting algorithm.

In addition, all applications will be best supported by demos or other examples of your ability to work on game or game-related technology. These will be required for junior candidates who do not have demonstrable experience in the games industry or related fields.

Irrational offers generous salary packages based on skills and experience. This position can be filled on a permanent full-time basis or contract basis.

Applicants for this position must be in or willing to relocate to Canberra. International applicants will not be considered for this position.

Applications can be emailed to jobs@irrational.com.au. More details can be found on our website at http://www.irrational.com.au/company/aus_jobs.cfm