Skip to main content

Electronic Boutique sale on

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I'm not sure if it's on in the other states, but EB is having a sales period for the next couple of weeks in NSW. I went to Castle Hill, and hot damn, there are some good stuff for cheap to be gotten. I think I saw Chrome (PC) for $30.. most titles were 25% off, some 50% off. Some hardware were 50% off too (joypads and peripherals). My friend got a steering wheel/brake set compatible for all consoles, worth $120 but on sale for $60. Lots of new titles and TONNES of old titles too. I saw Freedom Force for $15 and GTA III for PS2 for $30. For someone like me who hasn't got a PS2, I'm seriously tempted to get one and grab all these cheap AAA titles that I've never had a chance of playing [:)]
Their DVDs are on sale as well and I nabbed me dvd's of Transformers: The Movie for $20 (got the last one. Woot!), Blair Witch for $10, and The Ring for $24 (yeh not much of a bargain on that one, but I really wanted it). There was also a Robotech collection set of 7 boxes. Each box was around $25 each, so you could have the entire series on DVD for $175. Not bad if you're a huge fan, I reckon! Anyway, it's worth checking out your local EB store just in case you might find something interesting [:)]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 18/06/04 - 5:30 PM Permalink

Just thought Id add to this (though I feel like a corporate shill) In Brisbane the Myer stock-take sale has 25% off all games PC through to GBA.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 18/06/04 - 6:16 PM Permalink

The EB sale was great. Went to the Woden one in Canberra.

I bought Commandos 2 for $20. Diablo 2 for $35. I also got a copy of Grandia 2 for $7!. For those who love Japanese RPGs, give Grandia 2 a go. It was a kick arse Dreamcast game that was also ported to the PS2. Keep in mind that being a port, the sound isn't that great, the graphics are pretty low res, and you really do need a gamepad. Has a very cool story and battle system :)

They also had Warcraft 3 there for about $50. They had the GTA double pack for Xbox on sale. I'm thinking of also getting Simpsons Hit and Run for the Xbox. It wasn't that cheap, but it is still better than nothing.

I'm going to check out the Civic one today.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 18/06/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Also Had NeverWinter Nights Collectors edition for $70 - Comes with 120 page concept art book from bioware called " The Art of Neverwinter Nights " [:O] Also a nice big long sleeved teeshirt, with NWN logo on sleeves etc.

For those of you who havent played it - you can buy Deus Ex for $7 !!! Simply a must have for any gamer.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

I picked up Prince of Persia: Sands of time for $35.. Damn fun game too.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:50 AM Permalink

i picked up NSYNC Hotline for 75c! bargin! and that was 50% off (says a lot about the quality of it dosnt it?)

ok, it's sad, and i never intend to open it, but I do intend to off load it to some unfortuante soul for their birthday or something... [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:54 AM Permalink

oh, and they were advertisingthe GBA SP for $169 or something, saying it's $35 off. i'm sure it was $169 normally wasnt it? i'd get one, but i'd much rather wait 'till this makes it way t oour shores: [url]http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/GBA88hjz322psc5qrx7/[/url]

i looked at nintendo.com.au, but there is nothing about it, and i couldnt see an email address either so i cant ask them about it!!

oh yeah! Deus Ex $7!!! shame on you if you dont already have it though, its one of the greatest games ever made, get it now and redeem yourself...

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 19/06/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

What is Pandora Tomorrow like Catfood? It looks fairly interesting. The new one being made for the PC looks really sweet :)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 19/06/04 - 1:53 AM Permalink

waaaaaaaaaah i dont have any money cause i just spent it all on a video card!!!

Submitted by GooberMan on Sat, 19/06/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

$300 later at the Brisbane City store....

Mario Kart Double Dash is 25% off ($75)
F-Zero GX is 50% off ($50)
Tony Hawks Underground is 50% off ($50)
Warcraft 3 battle chest is 25% off ($82)
Enter The Matrix PC is 50% off ($25)
And they always have Half Life Blue Shift at their sales so I decided I should buy a copy ($20).

I'll no doubt buy more before the sale is over. If only their Gamecube section was more plentiful...

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 19/06/04 - 4:34 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Aven

What is Pandora Tomorrow like Catfood? It looks fairly interesting. The new one being made for the PC looks really sweet :)

I havent bothered installing it yet, I'm having a few issues with my comp that are a real pain

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 19/06/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

Finally bought myself a copy of Frozen Throne ($29). It's been a long time coming.

Also, their current catalog has 25% off Logitech products (whether or not the coupon is needed, unsure)

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 20/06/04 - 6:07 AM Permalink

I went in and bought Simpsons Hit and Run today. been playing it all afternoon. Damn fun game. Mix Crazy Taxi with GTA and chuck in the Simpsons :D

Submitted by souri on Sun, 20/06/04 - 12:00 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by LiveWire

i picked up NSYNC Hotline for 75c! bargin! and that was 50% off (says a lot about the quality of it dosnt it?)

Did you get a stare from the salesperson at the counter? [:0] [:D]

Oh, the Transformers: Movie dvd was great. It has the Stan Bush "You've got the touch" video clip in there. Crazy 80's mullet, way too tight jeans, crappy video effects, and air guitar action! They had all sorts of transformer toys tv commercials on the disc too, and I actually remember them [:0]

Submitted by DaMunkee on Sun, 20/06/04 - 3:29 PM Permalink

Hey, this seems like a perfect thread to pose a question to you guys. What sites do you frequent to see when a game is coming out. Here in the States, I just check out www.ebgames.com but I can't find the australian link for EBgames (if they have one) so I kind of at a loss for when I get over there.

Thanks guys!

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 20/06/04 - 7:26 PM Permalink

I generally check out EB Games. Aus release dates are fairly similar to the US ones now (perhaps to slow down piracy?).

Otherwise I find that www.gameswarehouse.com.au are pretty good. They have excelent delivery. I ordered a game and it was on my door step the next afternoon :)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 20/06/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

quote:Did you get a stare from the salesperson at the counter?

ohh yeah[:D]

there was a few of us that bought them (we got six copies in total), and it turns out the guy that sold them to us knows one of the teachers at QANTM, and he told him "these gay guys came in and bought all these nsync games". them we ran into the teacher latter and told him we bought them, he he was like: "that was you!?!?" and he told us about his friend's comments. it was really funny. hope he lets his friend know we're not homosexual though, i dont want strange looks next time i got in there....

anyway, stil dunno what we're gonna do with the cds, but in the end, we got some 75c DVD cases!

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 21/06/04 - 2:44 AM Permalink

*laughs* Man... you're a goose @:-D

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 23/06/04 - 10:11 AM Permalink

GameCube Console
Extra Controller
Memory Card
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles.
EB 2 year extended warranty.

$251 - thats a pretty fine deal.

Cant wait for Resident Evil 4. [:D]

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 23/06/04 - 8:30 PM Permalink

Not as good as the deal I scored at Toys R Us the other week.

GameCube Consonle
Extra Controller
Memory Card
Super Smash Brothers
Zelda collectors disc (first 2 Zeldas, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask)

$198 - even better deal :P

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 23/06/04 - 10:21 PM Permalink

Hey thats not bad!! [:D]
My bargaining skills could only get a new release $99.95 game down to $75 unfortunately it was too hard to beat him down any lower. [:(]

Plus i paid 29.95 for the 2 year full coverage warranty.

I want Zelda collectors disc!.... Toys R Us you say... Hmmmmmmm

Submitted by souri on Mon, 28/06/04 - 2:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by DaMunkee

Hey, this seems like a perfect thread to pose a question to you guys. What sites do you frequent to see when a game is coming out. Here in the States, I just check out www.ebgames.com but I can't find the australian link for EBgames (if they have one) so I kind of at a loss for when I get over there.

Thanks guys!

Yeh, EB games Australia doesn't have a web presence, I don't think (I remember trying to search for it a while ago). Shame really - there definately should be.

We went back to EB last week, and I grabbed myself 3 dvd's called "The Future of Videogames", which has all the highlights of E3 2003 for each of the 3 big consoles. Is it just me, but was 2003 a year full of promises that just didn't deliver? Well, apart from Eyetoy, all the big announcements are still unreleased (GT4, GTA4, MGS3, Doom3, Halo 2 and tonnes more), were cancelled or just didn't live up to the hype (True Fantasy Live, Maxtrix), or even ended up disappearing/phased out (PS2 network adaptor). The Nintendo disc was probably the worst, there simply wasn't much for show at all.

Submitted by DaMunkee on Mon, 28/06/04 - 3:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Is it just me, but was 2003 a year full of promises that just didn't deliver? Well, apart from Eyetoy, all the big announcements are still unreleased (GT4, GTA4, MGS3, Doom3, Halo 2 and tonnes more), were cancelled or just didn't live up to the hype (True Fantasy Live, Maxtrix), or even ended up disappearing/phased out (PS2 network adaptor). The Nintendo disc was probably the worst, there simply wasn't much for show at all.
[/quote]

Well having gone to E3 that year, I know a few of those games were announced as to be coming out in 2004 or 5. Like MGS3 was announced, with no release date but the buz was > 2 years, the PS2 network adapter did come out in the US which is probably where those dvds focus on. The games that have all the hype like "Matrix" well, that's what E3 is, just a place for companies to throw way to much money at a game that they know isn't up to par, but by hyping it up, they're trying to "convince" the public to buy it. That's funny that the Nintendo Disc didn't show much at all, as for me at least, Nintendo had the best showing at last years E3. I mean, so many great games came out. I got to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles there, Zelda Windwalker, I got to play with the Game Boy SP. Man, I don't even remember all the goods that were at E3 for nintendo (hehe, and Mario Kart Double Dash was there) haha, I just remembered, Nintendo had the Laker Girls dancing there that year as well. I'll have to search for the picture of them :)

I do admit though, there were a few disappointments, Like you mentioned, Doom3 and Halflife 2 are going the way of Duke Nukem Forever. I mean, they need to come out already! Even Doom3 is starting to look dated! And I just feel sorry for developers like the one that's developing Vampire. They're not allowed to release thier game that's based ont he Half Life 2 engine until Half Life 2 actually comes out! Hopefully at least those two games will come out by the end of this year. Oh, and hopefully next year's E3 will have blizzard showing something other then World of Warcraft :) I'm mean, it's an excellent game, but it's been their only game shown for the past 2 years! (I don't count Starcraft Ghost as that's being developed by a third party for Blizzard).

Hehe, blah, rant off :)

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 28/06/04 - 9:27 PM Permalink

The PS2 network adaptor didn't dissapear, it's out and available.[:)] I think they are pretty cheap too, like around $60, and no ongoing service fee (unlike Micro$oft Xbox). I'm hanging to try out Everquest, but first I need broadband...

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 28/06/04 - 10:14 PM Permalink

to anyone living in brisbane there is a store in fortitue vally in the cathedral village called burn and its having a sale aswell. the great thing about this store is:
1. all games that are $99 in EB are $93 in burn.
2. they import a heap of overseas games there. we found chrono cross, chrono trigger, final fantasy tactics for the ps1 and the entire hack series!
there is like 2 stands full of games for the dreamcast! and resident evil zero is out for the gamecube!!
the only thing is is that u need your console modded.. :(
but im saving up! *rubs hands togther*

Submitted by l2ooney on Wed, 30/06/04 - 9:50 AM Permalink

i would go into EB every week to by a new game..then after a while i went for a job there and they totally dissed me ever since

Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/07/04 - 1:31 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by palantir

The PS2 network adaptor didn't dissapear, it's out and available.[:)] I think they are pretty cheap too, like around $60, and no ongoing service fee (unlike Micro$oft Xbox). I'm hanging to try out Everquest, but first I need broadband...

Yeh, the big announcement by Sony at e3 2003 was that the adaptor was coming out and packaged with the PS2.. unfortunately, Sony ditched that idea a while later so you have to buy it seperately..

I wonder what EB does to all those games that don't get sold off in the sale. I mean, there were HUGE stacks on many tables of old games for display. I am willing to devote my services in finding a new home for those games.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:04 PM Permalink

I wonder if they end up throwing them out? Give ?em to me!!! :P

I got a couple of old games I missed for cheap: Thief 2 and Dues Ex both for about $5 each. I also got Chrome for $25 and Prince of Persia on PS2 for $45 (man that?s a cool game!).

Ah, Sony was going to release the network adaptor bundled with the console. That would have been cool. Has the whole console game online thing really taken off? It?s not something advertised very much (or at all). I hope when I finally get online with the PS2 there are actually people to play with out there!

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:19 AM Permalink

just bought some $50 headphones at half price yesterday, gotta be better than my previous $9 ones

Posted by souri on
Forum

I'm not sure if it's on in the other states, but EB is having a sales period for the next couple of weeks in NSW. I went to Castle Hill, and hot damn, there are some good stuff for cheap to be gotten. I think I saw Chrome (PC) for $30.. most titles were 25% off, some 50% off. Some hardware were 50% off too (joypads and peripherals). My friend got a steering wheel/brake set compatible for all consoles, worth $120 but on sale for $60. Lots of new titles and TONNES of old titles too. I saw Freedom Force for $15 and GTA III for PS2 for $30. For someone like me who hasn't got a PS2, I'm seriously tempted to get one and grab all these cheap AAA titles that I've never had a chance of playing [:)]
Their DVDs are on sale as well and I nabbed me dvd's of Transformers: The Movie for $20 (got the last one. Woot!), Blair Witch for $10, and The Ring for $24 (yeh not much of a bargain on that one, but I really wanted it). There was also a Robotech collection set of 7 boxes. Each box was around $25 each, so you could have the entire series on DVD for $175. Not bad if you're a huge fan, I reckon! Anyway, it's worth checking out your local EB store just in case you might find something interesting [:)]

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 18/06/04 - 5:30 PM Permalink

Just thought Id add to this (though I feel like a corporate shill) In Brisbane the Myer stock-take sale has 25% off all games PC through to GBA.

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 18/06/04 - 6:16 PM Permalink

The EB sale was great. Went to the Woden one in Canberra.

I bought Commandos 2 for $20. Diablo 2 for $35. I also got a copy of Grandia 2 for $7!. For those who love Japanese RPGs, give Grandia 2 a go. It was a kick arse Dreamcast game that was also ported to the PS2. Keep in mind that being a port, the sound isn't that great, the graphics are pretty low res, and you really do need a gamepad. Has a very cool story and battle system :)

They also had Warcraft 3 there for about $50. They had the GTA double pack for Xbox on sale. I'm thinking of also getting Simpsons Hit and Run for the Xbox. It wasn't that cheap, but it is still better than nothing.

I'm going to check out the Civic one today.

Submitted by Kalescent on Fri, 18/06/04 - 10:31 PM Permalink

Also Had NeverWinter Nights Collectors edition for $70 - Comes with 120 page concept art book from bioware called " The Art of Neverwinter Nights " [:O] Also a nice big long sleeved teeshirt, with NWN logo on sleeves etc.

For those of you who havent played it - you can buy Deus Ex for $7 !!! Simply a must have for any gamer.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:45 AM Permalink

I picked up Prince of Persia: Sands of time for $35.. Damn fun game too.

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:50 AM Permalink

ok, it's sad, and i never intend to open it, but I do intend to off load it to some unfortuante soul for their birthday or something... [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 19/06/04 - 12:54 AM Permalink

oh, and they were advertisingthe GBA SP for $169 or something, saying it's $35 off. i'm sure it was $169 normally wasnt it? i'd get one, but i'd much rather wait 'till this makes it way t oour shores: [url]http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/GBA88hjz322psc5qrx7/[/url]

i looked at nintendo.com.au, but there is nothing about it, and i couldnt see an email address either so i cant ask them about it!!

oh yeah! Deus Ex $7!!! shame on you if you dont already have it though, its one of the greatest games ever made, get it now and redeem yourself...

Submitted by Aven on Sat, 19/06/04 - 1:42 AM Permalink

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 19/06/04 - 1:53 AM Permalink

waaaaaaaaaah i dont have any money cause i just spent it all on a video card!!!

Submitted by GooberMan on Sat, 19/06/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

$300 later at the Brisbane City store....

Mario Kart Double Dash is 25% off ($75)
F-Zero GX is 50% off ($50)
Tony Hawks Underground is 50% off ($50)
Warcraft 3 battle chest is 25% off ($82)
Enter The Matrix PC is 50% off ($25)
And they always have Half Life Blue Shift at their sales so I decided I should buy a copy ($20).

I'll no doubt buy more before the sale is over. If only their Gamecube section was more plentiful...

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 19/06/04 - 4:34 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Aven

I havent bothered installing it yet, I'm having a few issues with my comp that are a real pain

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 19/06/04 - 9:05 AM Permalink

Finally bought myself a copy of Frozen Throne ($29). It's been a long time coming.

Also, their current catalog has 25% off Logitech products (whether or not the coupon is needed, unsure)

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 20/06/04 - 6:07 AM Permalink

I went in and bought Simpsons Hit and Run today. been playing it all afternoon. Damn fun game. Mix Crazy Taxi with GTA and chuck in the Simpsons :D

Submitted by souri on Sun, 20/06/04 - 12:00 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by LiveWire

Did you get a stare from the salesperson at the counter? [:0] [:D]

Oh, the Transformers: Movie dvd was great. It has the Stan Bush "You've got the touch" video clip in there. Crazy 80's mullet, way too tight jeans, crappy video effects, and air guitar action! They had all sorts of transformer toys tv commercials on the disc too, and I actually remember them [:0]

Submitted by DaMunkee on Sun, 20/06/04 - 3:29 PM Permalink

Thanks guys!

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 20/06/04 - 7:26 PM Permalink

I generally check out EB Games. Aus release dates are fairly similar to the US ones now (perhaps to slow down piracy?).

Otherwise I find that www.gameswarehouse.com.au are pretty good. They have excelent delivery. I ordered a game and it was on my door step the next afternoon :)

Submitted by LiveWire on Sun, 20/06/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

quote:Did you get a stare from the salesperson at the counter?

ohh yeah[:D]

there was a few of us that bought them (we got six copies in total), and it turns out the guy that sold them to us knows one of the teachers at QANTM, and he told him "these gay guys came in and bought all these nsync games". them we ran into the teacher latter and told him we bought them, he he was like: "that was you!?!?" and he told us about his friend's comments. it was really funny. hope he lets his friend know we're not homosexual though, i dont want strange looks next time i got in there....

anyway, stil dunno what we're gonna do with the cds, but in the end, we got some 75c DVD cases!

Submitted by Brain on Mon, 21/06/04 - 2:44 AM Permalink

*laughs* Man... you're a goose @:-D

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 23/06/04 - 10:11 AM Permalink

GameCube Console
Extra Controller
Memory Card
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles.
EB 2 year extended warranty.

$251 - thats a pretty fine deal.

Cant wait for Resident Evil 4. [:D]

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 23/06/04 - 8:30 PM Permalink

Not as good as the deal I scored at Toys R Us the other week.

GameCube Consonle
Extra Controller
Memory Card
Super Smash Brothers
Zelda collectors disc (first 2 Zeldas, Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask)

$198 - even better deal :P

Submitted by Kalescent on Wed, 23/06/04 - 10:21 PM Permalink

Hey thats not bad!! [:D]
My bargaining skills could only get a new release $99.95 game down to $75 unfortunately it was too hard to beat him down any lower. [:(]

Plus i paid 29.95 for the 2 year full coverage warranty.

I want Zelda collectors disc!.... Toys R Us you say... Hmmmmmmm

Submitted by souri on Mon, 28/06/04 - 2:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by DaMunkee

Thanks guys!

Yeh, EB games Australia doesn't have a web presence, I don't think (I remember trying to search for it a while ago). Shame really - there definately should be.

We went back to EB last week, and I grabbed myself 3 dvd's called "The Future of Videogames", which has all the highlights of E3 2003 for each of the 3 big consoles. Is it just me, but was 2003 a year full of promises that just didn't deliver? Well, apart from Eyetoy, all the big announcements are still unreleased (GT4, GTA4, MGS3, Doom3, Halo 2 and tonnes more), were cancelled or just didn't live up to the hype (True Fantasy Live, Maxtrix), or even ended up disappearing/phased out (PS2 network adaptor). The Nintendo disc was probably the worst, there simply wasn't much for show at all.

Submitted by DaMunkee on Mon, 28/06/04 - 3:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

Is it just me, but was 2003 a year full of promises that just didn't deliver? Well, apart from Eyetoy, all the big announcements are still unreleased (GT4, GTA4, MGS3, Doom3, Halo 2 and tonnes more), were cancelled or just didn't live up to the hype (True Fantasy Live, Maxtrix), or even ended up disappearing/phased out (PS2 network adaptor). The Nintendo disc was probably the worst, there simply wasn't much for show at all.
[/quote]

Well having gone to E3 that year, I know a few of those games were announced as to be coming out in 2004 or 5. Like MGS3 was announced, with no release date but the buz was > 2 years, the PS2 network adapter did come out in the US which is probably where those dvds focus on. The games that have all the hype like "Matrix" well, that's what E3 is, just a place for companies to throw way to much money at a game that they know isn't up to par, but by hyping it up, they're trying to "convince" the public to buy it. That's funny that the Nintendo Disc didn't show much at all, as for me at least, Nintendo had the best showing at last years E3. I mean, so many great games came out. I got to play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles there, Zelda Windwalker, I got to play with the Game Boy SP. Man, I don't even remember all the goods that were at E3 for nintendo (hehe, and Mario Kart Double Dash was there) haha, I just remembered, Nintendo had the Laker Girls dancing there that year as well. I'll have to search for the picture of them :)

I do admit though, there were a few disappointments, Like you mentioned, Doom3 and Halflife 2 are going the way of Duke Nukem Forever. I mean, they need to come out already! Even Doom3 is starting to look dated! And I just feel sorry for developers like the one that's developing Vampire. They're not allowed to release thier game that's based ont he Half Life 2 engine until Half Life 2 actually comes out! Hopefully at least those two games will come out by the end of this year. Oh, and hopefully next year's E3 will have blizzard showing something other then World of Warcraft :) I'm mean, it's an excellent game, but it's been their only game shown for the past 2 years! (I don't count Starcraft Ghost as that's being developed by a third party for Blizzard).

Hehe, blah, rant off :)

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 28/06/04 - 9:27 PM Permalink

Submitted by Anuxinamoon on Mon, 28/06/04 - 10:14 PM Permalink

to anyone living in brisbane there is a store in fortitue vally in the cathedral village called burn and its having a sale aswell. the great thing about this store is:
1. all games that are $99 in EB are $93 in burn.
2. they import a heap of overseas games there. we found chrono cross, chrono trigger, final fantasy tactics for the ps1 and the entire hack series!
there is like 2 stands full of games for the dreamcast! and resident evil zero is out for the gamecube!!
the only thing is is that u need your console modded.. :(
but im saving up! *rubs hands togther*

Submitted by l2ooney on Wed, 30/06/04 - 9:50 AM Permalink

i would go into EB every week to by a new game..then after a while i went for a job there and they totally dissed me ever since

Submitted by souri on Fri, 02/07/04 - 1:31 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by palantir

Yeh, the big announcement by Sony at e3 2003 was that the adaptor was coming out and packaged with the PS2.. unfortunately, Sony ditched that idea a while later so you have to buy it seperately..

I wonder what EB does to all those games that don't get sold off in the sale. I mean, there were HUGE stacks on many tables of old games for display. I am willing to devote my services in finding a new home for those games.

Submitted by palantir on Fri, 02/07/04 - 8:04 PM Permalink

I wonder if they end up throwing them out? Give ?em to me!!! :P

I got a couple of old games I missed for cheap: Thief 2 and Dues Ex both for about $5 each. I also got Chrome for $25 and Prince of Persia on PS2 for $45 (man that?s a cool game!).

Ah, Sony was going to release the network adaptor bundled with the console. That would have been cool. Has the whole console game online thing really taken off? It?s not something advertised very much (or at all). I hope when I finally get online with the PS2 there are actually people to play with out there!

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 03/07/04 - 4:19 AM Permalink

just bought some $50 headphones at half price yesterday, gotta be better than my previous $9 ones