Skip to main content

Transformers rocks!

Hey Sumeans,

Just wanted to let you know that Transformers is a lot of fun to play, Atari Melbourne House have done a bang up job. Best of all is the 'extras' where you can view old TV ads done for kids with helpful themes such as 'always wear a life jacket' and 'don't run away from home', funny stuff.

I won't go into details about the gameplay but it's a tough cookie to play and the bosses rock in that old school adrenaline pumping way.

Oh, and, KEE KOOH KAH KOO KEH!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 9:48 AM Permalink

I haven't seen it yet, but they did have Transformers on a PS2 at a local Electronic Boutique.. didn't see any of the game as we walked by, but I did see a poster advertising Transformers for $50. Not bad! Would've definately picked it up if I had a PS2 [:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:37 AM Permalink

What!!??!! no ps2 for souri! blasphemer!!!! [:p]

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 22/05/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

I got to see it at federation square on a cinema screen, for a series of talks about the games industry last year. it looked pretty impressive, almost makes me wish I had a ps2.

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 22/05/04 - 9:16 AM Permalink

Got to have a quick tonk of it at EB Toombul today. Pretty spiff from the minute or two I had the controller. Will definitely investigate it further.

Submitted by stonedwal on Mon, 24/05/04 - 8:00 PM Permalink

Rented it this weekend.

Melbourne House are definitely a force to be reckoned with when it comes to squeezing power out of the PS2 - definitely up there with Kojima's team at KCEJ West and the Polophony Digital folks.

Transformers is a gorgeous game and it runs smoothly. The only problem is that I didn't find it terribly exciting to play - perhaps its just a bit of a hangover from my jaded reviewer period, because a friend of mine loves it to bits. I didn't like the fact that they put the Antarctic level so early. The old television spots from the original series were hilarious too :)

Hey Sumeans,

Just wanted to let you know that Transformers is a lot of fun to play, Atari Melbourne House have done a bang up job. Best of all is the 'extras' where you can view old TV ads done for kids with helpful themes such as 'always wear a life jacket' and 'don't run away from home', funny stuff.

I won't go into details about the gameplay but it's a tough cookie to play and the bosses rock in that old school adrenaline pumping way.

Oh, and, KEE KOOH KAH KOO KEH!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 18/05/04 - 9:48 AM Permalink

I haven't seen it yet, but they did have Transformers on a PS2 at a local Electronic Boutique.. didn't see any of the game as we walked by, but I did see a poster advertising Transformers for $50. Not bad! Would've definately picked it up if I had a PS2 [:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Tue, 18/05/04 - 10:37 AM Permalink

What!!??!! no ps2 for souri! blasphemer!!!! [:p]

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 22/05/04 - 5:18 AM Permalink

I got to see it at federation square on a cinema screen, for a series of talks about the games industry last year. it looked pretty impressive, almost makes me wish I had a ps2.

Submitted by Brain on Sat, 22/05/04 - 9:16 AM Permalink

Got to have a quick tonk of it at EB Toombul today. Pretty spiff from the minute or two I had the controller. Will definitely investigate it further.

Submitted by stonedwal on Mon, 24/05/04 - 8:00 PM Permalink

Rented it this weekend.

Melbourne House are definitely a force to be reckoned with when it comes to squeezing power out of the PS2 - definitely up there with Kojima's team at KCEJ West and the Polophony Digital folks.

Transformers is a gorgeous game and it runs smoothly. The only problem is that I didn't find it terribly exciting to play - perhaps its just a bit of a hangover from my jaded reviewer period, because a friend of mine loves it to bits. I didn't like the fact that they put the Antarctic level so early. The old television spots from the original series were hilarious too :)