Skip to main content

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - SBS 10pm

Submitted by Brain on
Forum

On tonight (Thursday). Late notice, I know, but just got back from a trip to Bundaberg was reminded of this just then. Yay! @:-D

Submitted by souri on Fri, 16/09/05 - 8:50 AM Permalink

Ah damnit, I just got home. Missed it by 20 minutes [:(] I really wanted to see what Stand Alone Complex was all about.

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 16/09/05 - 7:12 PM Permalink

is that ghost in the shell 2? we watched that at work during a couple of lunches once, but the only subtitles we had were english for the hearing impared, so we got stuff like "computer beeps", "gunfire" and "explosions" as well as actuall voice text.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/09/05 - 1:12 PM Permalink

Nah, it's not Ghost in the Shell 2. It's a GITS story spread over 7? episodes, but not the follow up to the first movie. I've seen GITS 2 and that was a bit of a disappointment. The story was boring and it had too much philosophical mumbo jumbo and nothing much else exciting really happens. Some of the 3D seemed like a showcase rather than being a blended-in seemless part of the movie. If you want to see something *really* cool, go see that Appleseed movie [:)]

Submitted by Avalanchex on Tue, 20/09/05 - 10:41 AM Permalink

Ill second the appleseed comment :)

Also FFVII Advent children is amazing.....

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 20/09/05 - 7:32 PM Permalink

Are u kidding? I think ghost in the shell 2 is beautiful....the thing that is wrong with it is the english translation, i dont think it interperets the dialogue of some scenes right, so that why its confusing. i wish i knew japanese so could watch it properly. And man you cant overlook the parade sequence.

And about Stand Alone Complex.....is you think it is pretty cool, just wait till you hear those friggen little robot vehicles talk. man they ruined it for me

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 20/09/05 - 11:33 PM Permalink

Nah, the robots are cool, have you seen the mini-episodes dedicated to them?

GITS:SAC is definetly not as serious as the movies are, but it's still good :-)

Submitted by panzer on Wed, 21/09/05 - 6:55 AM Permalink

GITS SAC is a series that pre date the events of the 1st movie (the puppet master). A 2nd series has be completed too aptly named GITS SAC 2nd Gig. Dont ask why such a naming convention. I believe both series are about 20+ episodes

Posted by Brain on
Forum

On tonight (Thursday). Late notice, I know, but just got back from a trip to Bundaberg was reminded of this just then. Yay! @:-D

Submitted by souri on Fri, 16/09/05 - 8:50 AM Permalink

Ah damnit, I just got home. Missed it by 20 minutes [:(] I really wanted to see what Stand Alone Complex was all about.

Submitted by LiveWire on Fri, 16/09/05 - 7:12 PM Permalink

is that ghost in the shell 2? we watched that at work during a couple of lunches once, but the only subtitles we had were english for the hearing impared, so we got stuff like "computer beeps", "gunfire" and "explosions" as well as actuall voice text.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/09/05 - 1:12 PM Permalink

Nah, it's not Ghost in the Shell 2. It's a GITS story spread over 7? episodes, but not the follow up to the first movie. I've seen GITS 2 and that was a bit of a disappointment. The story was boring and it had too much philosophical mumbo jumbo and nothing much else exciting really happens. Some of the 3D seemed like a showcase rather than being a blended-in seemless part of the movie. If you want to see something *really* cool, go see that Appleseed movie [:)]

Submitted by Avalanchex on Tue, 20/09/05 - 10:41 AM Permalink

Ill second the appleseed comment :)

Also FFVII Advent children is amazing.....

Submitted by ScORCHo on Tue, 20/09/05 - 7:32 PM Permalink

Are u kidding? I think ghost in the shell 2 is beautiful....the thing that is wrong with it is the english translation, i dont think it interperets the dialogue of some scenes right, so that why its confusing. i wish i knew japanese so could watch it properly. And man you cant overlook the parade sequence.

And about Stand Alone Complex.....is you think it is pretty cool, just wait till you hear those friggen little robot vehicles talk. man they ruined it for me

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 20/09/05 - 11:33 PM Permalink

Nah, the robots are cool, have you seen the mini-episodes dedicated to them?

GITS:SAC is definetly not as serious as the movies are, but it's still good :-)

Submitted by panzer on Wed, 21/09/05 - 6:55 AM Permalink

GITS SAC is a series that pre date the events of the 1st movie (the puppet master). A 2nd series has be completed too aptly named GITS SAC 2nd Gig. Dont ask why such a naming convention. I believe both series are about 20+ episodes