Skip to main content

Anyone interested in making a game... ?

Submitted by Strik3r on
Forum

Hey,

I'm starting up another project and this time i've decided to find some other people to help me with. This will work a little differently to the ausgamedev project (which never really went anywhere), in that I plan on using a much smaller, select, team, with a very fast turn around time (2-3 months MAX - aiming for <10weeks.)

--------------------
Who I am looking for:
--------------------

Lead Artist - Strong 3D or 2D skills and a desire to manage the art team.

3D Artist(x2) - Strong 3D skills. Able to work in 3DSMax.

2D Artist(x1) - Strong 2D skills. Able to give work as .jpg / .bmp / .tga - use whatever package you want.

Sound Engineer(x1) - Someone who can produce sound effects and possibly music tracks as well for the game.

Web Site Devebloper(x1) - Someone who can develop a website for both the game(read about the game) and the team to use(post updates, etc)

------------------
Possible positions: (These may be filled if we find a need for them or someone with exceptional skills comes along.)
------------------

Programmer: Strong C++ Skills, DirectX experience.

Beta Testers: Probably wont be needed for a while, but when the game gets going, we may need someone to find and document any bugs.

I've already got a fairly strong idea of what this project is going to be about (3D Space Sim - Networked - arcade flavour - fast short gameplay). Will iron out some details in our first meeting. I havent asked for any designers for 1 main reason - amature designers don't seem to have any concept of limitations - both art wise, and code wise. Therefore I'm going to try and do most of the game design myself, and give the artists a lot of creative leeway.

If you are still interested, please e-mail me - gervase@winshop.com.au - with a brief description of who you are and your skillset, which role you would like to fill, and links to any work you may have to show for yourself. Please don't attach work as my mailbox won't fit it all. Any other questions can be emailed to me or posted here - i'll keep an eye on this thread.

Ta,

Strik3r

Submitted by Strik3r on Wed, 16/07/03 - 4:48 AM Permalink

Also, any FMV Artists out there are also welcome to drop me a line - could be a cool chance to show off some of your high-poly pre-rendered artwork in an intro movie :)

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 16/07/03 - 7:41 AM Permalink

Where are you located? I'd be interested in a 3D position. I'm in brissie.

Submitted by Strik3r on Wed, 16/07/03 - 8:24 AM Permalink

im on the gold coast, but the majority of this project would be done online anyway.. bar one or 2 meetings just to get to know each other perhaps. drop me an email :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 17/07/03 - 10:59 AM Permalink

For a small project to be done under 10 weeks, you could probably do without the FMV intro movie, and get the artistic resources to concentrate on the game art.. [;)]

Submitted by Strik3r on Fri, 18/07/03 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Yea, i just figured i'd add it in case there were some 3d artists around who didnt wanna do game art, just a movie. It's definately not a necesity.

quick update:

All positions have been filled bar 3d Artist (1 position left) and i'm still after a good 2D artist (i have one, but he's a novice, and would prefer to just do small stuff).

plz email me if your interested in either of these positions.

Submitted by tomcat on Mon, 18/08/03 - 10:23 PM Permalink

My email wasn't workin so I just posted it here> Sorry.

I got it to work again.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 19/08/03 - 10:22 PM Permalink

Had to move the thread to this section, sorry..

Submitted by Craig Gibbons on Thu, 04/09/03 - 1:06 AM Permalink

Hi. Im studying for Masters of Music at QUT. Skills of composition, sound design, recently studying algorthimic composition in jmusic. Am interested to herre more, am seeking team to work with for my major project in this field.
Thanks, Craig Gibbons
EMAIL: cr.gibbons@student.qut.edu.au
MOBILE; 0405 761 229

Submitted by Drift on Thu, 02/10/03 - 11:56 PM Permalink

You can sign me up as a beta tester :P

How is your project going, by the way, Strik3r?

Posted by Strik3r on
Forum

Hey,

I'm starting up another project and this time i've decided to find some other people to help me with. This will work a little differently to the ausgamedev project (which never really went anywhere), in that I plan on using a much smaller, select, team, with a very fast turn around time (2-3 months MAX - aiming for <10weeks.)

--------------------
Who I am looking for:
--------------------

Lead Artist - Strong 3D or 2D skills and a desire to manage the art team.

3D Artist(x2) - Strong 3D skills. Able to work in 3DSMax.

2D Artist(x1) - Strong 2D skills. Able to give work as .jpg / .bmp / .tga - use whatever package you want.

Sound Engineer(x1) - Someone who can produce sound effects and possibly music tracks as well for the game.

Web Site Devebloper(x1) - Someone who can develop a website for both the game(read about the game) and the team to use(post updates, etc)

------------------
Possible positions: (These may be filled if we find a need for them or someone with exceptional skills comes along.)
------------------

Programmer: Strong C++ Skills, DirectX experience.

Beta Testers: Probably wont be needed for a while, but when the game gets going, we may need someone to find and document any bugs.

I've already got a fairly strong idea of what this project is going to be about (3D Space Sim - Networked - arcade flavour - fast short gameplay). Will iron out some details in our first meeting. I havent asked for any designers for 1 main reason - amature designers don't seem to have any concept of limitations - both art wise, and code wise. Therefore I'm going to try and do most of the game design myself, and give the artists a lot of creative leeway.

If you are still interested, please e-mail me - gervase@winshop.com.au - with a brief description of who you are and your skillset, which role you would like to fill, and links to any work you may have to show for yourself. Please don't attach work as my mailbox won't fit it all. Any other questions can be emailed to me or posted here - i'll keep an eye on this thread.

Ta,

Strik3r

Submitted by Strik3r on Wed, 16/07/03 - 4:48 AM Permalink

Also, any FMV Artists out there are also welcome to drop me a line - could be a cool chance to show off some of your high-poly pre-rendered artwork in an intro movie :)

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 16/07/03 - 7:41 AM Permalink

Where are you located? I'd be interested in a 3D position. I'm in brissie.

Submitted by Strik3r on Wed, 16/07/03 - 8:24 AM Permalink

im on the gold coast, but the majority of this project would be done online anyway.. bar one or 2 meetings just to get to know each other perhaps. drop me an email :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 17/07/03 - 10:59 AM Permalink

For a small project to be done under 10 weeks, you could probably do without the FMV intro movie, and get the artistic resources to concentrate on the game art.. [;)]

Submitted by Strik3r on Fri, 18/07/03 - 4:41 AM Permalink

Yea, i just figured i'd add it in case there were some 3d artists around who didnt wanna do game art, just a movie. It's definately not a necesity.

quick update:

All positions have been filled bar 3d Artist (1 position left) and i'm still after a good 2D artist (i have one, but he's a novice, and would prefer to just do small stuff).

plz email me if your interested in either of these positions.

Submitted by tomcat on Mon, 18/08/03 - 10:23 PM Permalink

My email wasn't workin so I just posted it here> Sorry.

I got it to work again.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 19/08/03 - 10:22 PM Permalink

Had to move the thread to this section, sorry..

Submitted by Craig Gibbons on Thu, 04/09/03 - 1:06 AM Permalink

Hi. Im studying for Masters of Music at QUT. Skills of composition, sound design, recently studying algorthimic composition in jmusic. Am interested to herre more, am seeking team to work with for my major project in this field.
Thanks, Craig Gibbons
EMAIL: cr.gibbons@student.qut.edu.au
MOBILE; 0405 761 229

Submitted by Drift on Thu, 02/10/03 - 11:56 PM Permalink

You can sign me up as a beta tester :P

How is your project going, by the way, Strik3r?