Skip to main content

Sumeans in melbourne - dinner sometime?

Forum

Well the last dinner thang (just before AGDC) went pretty damn well, I reckon [:)] It must be time for another one [:D]

So, to this end, I suggest:

Date: Thurs 5th Feb (changed from Thurs 29th Jan)
Time: 6:30pm onwards
Where: We held the last one at the Blue Train at southgate, but it was a bit noisy for conversations involving more than 2 people :) Of course, I could just be losing my hearing with old age and excessive sound volumes in games :-) The food court might be better noise-wise? Interested in suggestions!

Any other takers?

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 17/01/04 - 1:29 AM Permalink

any chance of having it after the 29th (i'm in darwin 'till the 29th) ?

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sat, 17/01/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

Sure, let's see how Thurs 5th of Feb goes then :)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 17/01/04 - 4:52 AM Permalink

HMMM that might be fun, I'll see how my cash flow is at the time.

Submitted by codyalday on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:28 AM Permalink

You guys and gals always have to have it in the city, anyways, are you gona go to the Quake2 lan meet up there?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:15 PM Permalink

id go but im sensing a non 15yr old enviroment ;)

Submitted by CombatWombat on Thu, 22/01/04 - 9:45 PM Permalink

Hey moon and cody, very welcome to come along guys. I'm suggesting the city as it's central, but happy to take suggestions for other places! [:)]

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 23/01/04 - 12:23 AM Permalink

Adelaide! - So I and a few other people can attend! (j/k)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/01/04 - 7:41 AM Permalink

hmmm wouldnt know where to go personally, i mean i usually only eat around my local area (not city) and thats barely. Spose i never really eat out when i can take away :P

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 23/01/04 - 8:50 AM Permalink

Go to a bubble tea lan cafe.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sun, 01/02/04 - 8:11 PM Permalink

Well there's a little bit of interest, but perhaps it might be an idea if we merge this with another game development related event - namely the Game development Meetup (http://gamedev.meetup.com/) which is happening in Melbourne on Tuesday 17th Feb. Sound good?

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 01/02/04 - 9:52 PM Permalink

well were not actually developers ourselves, just people who want to be... sooo is that really our thing?

Submitted by Blitz on Mon, 02/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

I'm back in melbourne now, so i'm up for whatever you can come up with. Particularly if it involves the riddle of steel.
CYer, Blitz
PS. CW the thing i like about that quote in your sig, is it has come true, except rather than for the people who played pac-man, it's the offspring of these people that hang about in darkened rooms (night clubs) munching "magic" pills. Oh, and i bet they occasionally eat cherries too! :)
So, perhaps our offspring will go to mars and kill alien beasts from the depths of hell? Or maybe they'll go and fight nazis in WW2! Who can tell these days.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 02/02/04 - 7:08 PM Permalink

quote:PS. CW the thing i like about that quote in your sig, is it has come true,

I think thats the idea.
Its funny because it did come true, even though the idea of it happening is abstract and strange.

Its a set up and "but wait that did happen" gag.

Pantmonger

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 02/02/04 - 10:46 PM Permalink

Mind you, all music is repetitive -- it's the defining component of a thing called 'rhythm.'

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 03/02/04 - 1:30 AM Permalink

Very valid point Jonathan. In rock i think it is called a Riff. On the topic of rock who here is goin to the Korn concert. I am but not to see Korn. Korn is gay, I'm goin to see Fear Factory[8D] and Static-X[8D].

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 03/02/04 - 10:28 AM Permalink

Hmm, well i guess i was thinking more of the original quote (which was being very serious about games not affecting people), rather than the context of it in CW's sig :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 04/02/04 - 10:28 AM Permalink

Uhhh, is it confirmed that this is happening on thursday? It's getting pretty close...or is it just gonna happen with the other gamedev meetup thing?
CW?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 04/02/04 - 9:46 PM Permalink

Currently we have 5 (Blitz, Tachyon, MoonUnit and Cody), latter two of whom have probably re-started school this week? I think tomorrow isn't really going to be a goer :-(

Shall we see if the gamedev thing gets off the ground on the 17th, if it doesn't I'll recruit the people listed for the gamedev meetup to come to a sumea dinner thing early March.

Sound like a plan, or would you guys still prefer to go ahead with tomorrow's dinner thang? I'm happy either way.

Cheers,

Mark

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 04/02/04 - 10:10 PM Permalink

I'm happy either way, out of work atm so got no plans for anything really :)
If theres only 5 though it might just be easier to hook up with the gamedev thing on the 17th (even if theres not many people from the gamedev thing that are going to show up). Strength in numbers etc. :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

yeah tommmorow dosent seem like a good idea, perhaps the gave dev meetup thing but im still wondering if people like a 15 yr old hopefull is going to be welcome?

Submitted by souri on Thu, 05/02/04 - 2:51 AM Permalink

Should definately have a Sumea dinner happening sometime during the Next Wave Independant Game Developers Conference in Melbourne. I'll be there!!

15 year old hopefuls are welcome, but you'll have be the butt of all our jokes, of course.

(kidding [;)])

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:48 AM Permalink

hey not bad idea, attatch it on to that, ive done some mod work so ill be fine with that thaaaaank-you

what was the details for that again (date, time, venue etc)?

Forum

Well the last dinner thang (just before AGDC) went pretty damn well, I reckon [:)] It must be time for another one [:D]

So, to this end, I suggest:

Date: Thurs 5th Feb (changed from Thurs 29th Jan)
Time: 6:30pm onwards
Where: We held the last one at the Blue Train at southgate, but it was a bit noisy for conversations involving more than 2 people :) Of course, I could just be losing my hearing with old age and excessive sound volumes in games :-) The food court might be better noise-wise? Interested in suggestions!

Any other takers?

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by tachyon on Sat, 17/01/04 - 1:29 AM Permalink

any chance of having it after the 29th (i'm in darwin 'till the 29th) ?

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sat, 17/01/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

Sure, let's see how Thurs 5th of Feb goes then :)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Sat, 17/01/04 - 4:52 AM Permalink

HMMM that might be fun, I'll see how my cash flow is at the time.

Submitted by codyalday on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:28 AM Permalink

You guys and gals always have to have it in the city, anyways, are you gona go to the Quake2 lan meet up there?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 17/01/04 - 11:15 PM Permalink

id go but im sensing a non 15yr old enviroment ;)

Submitted by CombatWombat on Thu, 22/01/04 - 9:45 PM Permalink

Hey moon and cody, very welcome to come along guys. I'm suggesting the city as it's central, but happy to take suggestions for other places! [:)]

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 23/01/04 - 12:23 AM Permalink

Adelaide! - So I and a few other people can attend! (j/k)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 23/01/04 - 7:41 AM Permalink

hmmm wouldnt know where to go personally, i mean i usually only eat around my local area (not city) and thats barely. Spose i never really eat out when i can take away :P

Submitted by Blitz on Fri, 23/01/04 - 8:50 AM Permalink

Go to a bubble tea lan cafe.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by CombatWombat on Sun, 01/02/04 - 8:11 PM Permalink

Well there's a little bit of interest, but perhaps it might be an idea if we merge this with another game development related event - namely the Game development Meetup (http://gamedev.meetup.com/) which is happening in Melbourne on Tuesday 17th Feb. Sound good?

Cheers,

Mark/CW

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 01/02/04 - 9:52 PM Permalink

well were not actually developers ourselves, just people who want to be... sooo is that really our thing?

Submitted by Blitz on Mon, 02/02/04 - 10:23 AM Permalink

I'm back in melbourne now, so i'm up for whatever you can come up with. Particularly if it involves the riddle of steel.
CYer, Blitz
PS. CW the thing i like about that quote in your sig, is it has come true, except rather than for the people who played pac-man, it's the offspring of these people that hang about in darkened rooms (night clubs) munching "magic" pills. Oh, and i bet they occasionally eat cherries too! :)
So, perhaps our offspring will go to mars and kill alien beasts from the depths of hell? Or maybe they'll go and fight nazis in WW2! Who can tell these days.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Mon, 02/02/04 - 7:08 PM Permalink

quote:PS. CW the thing i like about that quote in your sig, is it has come true,

I think thats the idea.
Its funny because it did come true, even though the idea of it happening is abstract and strange.

Its a set up and "but wait that did happen" gag.

Pantmonger

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Mon, 02/02/04 - 10:46 PM Permalink

Mind you, all music is repetitive -- it's the defining component of a thing called 'rhythm.'

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 03/02/04 - 1:30 AM Permalink

Very valid point Jonathan. In rock i think it is called a Riff. On the topic of rock who here is goin to the Korn concert. I am but not to see Korn. Korn is gay, I'm goin to see Fear Factory[8D] and Static-X[8D].

Submitted by Blitz on Tue, 03/02/04 - 10:28 AM Permalink

Hmm, well i guess i was thinking more of the original quote (which was being very serious about games not affecting people), rather than the context of it in CW's sig :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 04/02/04 - 10:28 AM Permalink

Uhhh, is it confirmed that this is happening on thursday? It's getting pretty close...or is it just gonna happen with the other gamedev meetup thing?
CW?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 04/02/04 - 9:46 PM Permalink

Currently we have 5 (Blitz, Tachyon, MoonUnit and Cody), latter two of whom have probably re-started school this week? I think tomorrow isn't really going to be a goer :-(

Shall we see if the gamedev thing gets off the ground on the 17th, if it doesn't I'll recruit the people listed for the gamedev meetup to come to a sumea dinner thing early March.

Sound like a plan, or would you guys still prefer to go ahead with tomorrow's dinner thang? I'm happy either way.

Cheers,

Mark

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 04/02/04 - 10:10 PM Permalink

I'm happy either way, out of work atm so got no plans for anything really :)
If theres only 5 though it might just be easier to hook up with the gamedev thing on the 17th (even if theres not many people from the gamedev thing that are going to show up). Strength in numbers etc. :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 04/02/04 - 11:23 PM Permalink

yeah tommmorow dosent seem like a good idea, perhaps the gave dev meetup thing but im still wondering if people like a 15 yr old hopefull is going to be welcome?

Submitted by souri on Thu, 05/02/04 - 2:51 AM Permalink

Should definately have a Sumea dinner happening sometime during the Next Wave Independant Game Developers Conference in Melbourne. I'll be there!!

15 year old hopefuls are welcome, but you'll have be the butt of all our jokes, of course.

(kidding [;)])

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 05/02/04 - 5:48 AM Permalink

hey not bad idea, attatch it on to that, ive done some mod work so ill be fine with that thaaaaank-you

what was the details for that again (date, time, venue etc)?