Skip to main content

what about world movies?

Submitted by beatsta on
Forum

cant wait to see ' requim for a dream' premiers on sunday at 8.30 and is allways out on dvd at the local block buster :( its american tho.

my favourite recently was sound of the sea.. i loved this spanish movie, recommend it to all :) a great trajic love story and very modern ( as they all are )

that and 'open your eyes' another spanish film which was revamped by holllywood as vanilla skyes which im sure wld suck ova the original spanish version... the ending is excellent. i havent seen the american version, thank god.

Fugitives which is from greece is probably my number 2 on the top movies ive seen, 2nd to sound of the sea.

3rd wld be a french canadian one called Maelstrom anotha luv/drama
which is narrated by a fish ..really cool....

wake up, we got, we want, CHAOS, wake up, we got perfect motion.
wake up, we've got, to stop, the rot, wake up, we want EVOLUTION
wake up, wake up, they've lost, the plot, so knock, 'till the walls come CRASHING DOWN. - sunscreem

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 16/01/03 - 2:18 PM Permalink

check em out ppls if you love to feel :)

wake up, wake up, they've lost, the plot, so knock, 'till the walls come CRASHING DOWN. - sunscreem

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/01/03 - 1:31 PM Permalink

Those movies sound great.. I just wish they were more accessable to me. I don't have the world movie channel or cable, and I haven't been to the video store in years.

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 19/01/03 - 11:06 PM Permalink

Go SBS and their Cult Movies :-)

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 12:00 PM Permalink

Souri, why dont you go to the video store anymore?, i hadnt been for a year or so until recently, and i guess that was due to lack of time and other interests etc..
World movies is pretty cheap to subscribe to, altho alot of junk is on there. I think the australia day weekend they are having a martial arts type fest...that will be pretty cool, i wont get to watch many tho, due to work and stuff:(

Submitted by souri on Wed, 22/01/03 - 12:30 PM Permalink

Lack of time, and I have a bad habit of spending ages and ages deciding on what movies to take. And on the way home, I usually regret my choices and don't end up watching most of it... [:)] I have my Alien Legacy DVD boxset which I don't mind watching over and over again though!

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 2:34 PM Permalink

i have a habbit of whatchin movies for like 3 quarters and unless they have me hooked or i know they are going to deliver, i just go bwaahhhhhhhh, stuff it, i got betta things to do, i know how this is going to end. I also have a habbit of forgeting what it was that i was swatchin! :) and noddin off if its boring! teehee

keep on doin, what you been doin!
And one day, you will be free!

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 2:37 PM Permalink

i didnt watch reqeuim for a dream on snday,my lil sis did, i will get it on dvd, get happpy, and watch it me thinks :) any1 else catch it? dont ruin it for me.....but was it good?

Submitted by Sertan on Fri, 07/02/03 - 9:47 AM Permalink

quote:I have a bad habit of spending ages and ages deciding on what movies to take. And on the way home, I usually regret my choices and don't end up watching most of it...

I suffer from the same habit. I could spend upwards of over an hour (sometimes 2!) just selecting a movie. First it begins with whether I want a game rental or a movie (that takes roughly 10-15 mins!). Then comes the choices (takes up the rest of the time). I just wonder what the store clerks think I'm doing, going around their store, not quite being able to pick whether a relaxing action flick like Spider-Man is worth choosing over a comedy like Bend it Like Beckham (see, I have a trouble discerning my moods as well...). Yeah, the habit sucks. My parents call me sometimes as well, shouting comments of disbelief that I spend that much time there... alright, they don't shout. They just "voice concerns".

Vivian: You go too far, Marlowe.
Marlowe: Those are some harsh words to say to a man, especially when he's walking out of your bedroom.

Posted by beatsta on
Forum

cant wait to see ' requim for a dream' premiers on sunday at 8.30 and is allways out on dvd at the local block buster :( its american tho.

my favourite recently was sound of the sea.. i loved this spanish movie, recommend it to all :) a great trajic love story and very modern ( as they all are )

that and 'open your eyes' another spanish film which was revamped by holllywood as vanilla skyes which im sure wld suck ova the original spanish version... the ending is excellent. i havent seen the american version, thank god.

Fugitives which is from greece is probably my number 2 on the top movies ive seen, 2nd to sound of the sea.

3rd wld be a french canadian one called Maelstrom anotha luv/drama
which is narrated by a fish ..really cool....

Submitted by beatsta on Thu, 16/01/03 - 2:18 PM Permalink

check em out ppls if you love to feel :)

Submitted by souri on Sun, 19/01/03 - 1:31 PM Permalink

Those movies sound great.. I just wish they were more accessable to me. I don't have the world movie channel or cable, and I haven't been to the video store in years.

Submitted by Daemin on Sun, 19/01/03 - 11:06 PM Permalink

Go SBS and their Cult Movies :-)

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 12:00 PM Permalink

Souri, why dont you go to the video store anymore?, i hadnt been for a year or so until recently, and i guess that was due to lack of time and other interests etc..
World movies is pretty cheap to subscribe to, altho alot of junk is on there. I think the australia day weekend they are having a martial arts type fest...that will be pretty cool, i wont get to watch many tho, due to work and stuff:(

Submitted by souri on Wed, 22/01/03 - 12:30 PM Permalink

Lack of time, and I have a bad habit of spending ages and ages deciding on what movies to take. And on the way home, I usually regret my choices and don't end up watching most of it... [:)] I have my Alien Legacy DVD boxset which I don't mind watching over and over again though!

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 2:34 PM Permalink

i have a habbit of whatchin movies for like 3 quarters and unless they have me hooked or i know they are going to deliver, i just go bwaahhhhhhhh, stuff it, i got betta things to do, i know how this is going to end. I also have a habbit of forgeting what it was that i was swatchin! :) and noddin off if its boring! teehee

Submitted by beatsta on Wed, 22/01/03 - 2:37 PM Permalink

i didnt watch reqeuim for a dream on snday,my lil sis did, i will get it on dvd, get happpy, and watch it me thinks :) any1 else catch it? dont ruin it for me.....but was it good?

Submitted by Sertan on Fri, 07/02/03 - 9:47 AM Permalink

quote:I have a bad habit of spending ages and ages deciding on what movies to take. And on the way home, I usually regret my choices and don't end up watching most of it...

I suffer from the same habit. I could spend upwards of over an hour (sometimes 2!) just selecting a movie. First it begins with whether I want a game rental or a movie (that takes roughly 10-15 mins!). Then comes the choices (takes up the rest of the time). I just wonder what the store clerks think I'm doing, going around their store, not quite being able to pick whether a relaxing action flick like Spider-Man is worth choosing over a comedy like Bend it Like Beckham (see, I have a trouble discerning my moods as well...). Yeah, the habit sucks. My parents call me sometimes as well, shouting comments of disbelief that I spend that much time there... alright, they don't shout. They just "voice concerns".

Vivian: You go too far, Marlowe.
Marlowe: Those are some harsh words to say to a man, especially when he's walking out of your bedroom.